2013-10-04 08:44:46

Wow, vcaparica. Thanks for this awesome feedback. This game would indeed fit very nicely on a smartphone.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-10-24 21:30:31

I have posted a new version to fix the bugs.  Sorry it took me so long to get around to doing this.  Here is the change log.

Version 0.5 beta to 0.6 beta
----------------------------
- I think I've fixed the bug which duplicated items when using the undo command.
- I think I've fixed the bug which caused the game to freeze when attempting to select recipes from the list.
- Fixed the bug which allowed combinations to be made even if you had not selected 2 items.
- As you play, a file called mylegacy.txt is created which lists each item you have unlocked.  This makes it much easier to share with others how well you've been doing.
- Added the item list to the screen visually, to make sighted users more comfortable while playing.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2013-10-25 01:44:49

Aww, I had hoped I could create a Rainbow by combining steam and sunshine... Apparently I couldn't. sad

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-10-25 02:02:47

Alex, I wish I had thought of that.  Nice thinking!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-10-25 10:01:00

Hehe, I guess you could include that recipe in a future update, though. I'm not really sure whether the rainbow should be created from sunshine and steam or if rain would be better... Probably the latter. IDK.
...There shouldn't happen to be a rainbow recipe already? When thinking about it, I guess you should also be able to use that in another recipe, but I've got no idea about what that'd create then...
Oh, and I love the recipe for crickets, though it doesn't make that much sense to me. Thunderstorm is cool too. smile
Oh, and it seems that there's a bug when you press 3. That should list recipes possible at the moment, right? When I click on one of the recipes there (though I've only tried with the first one in the list) I'm told I don't have the needed items. I found that kinda odd.
Besides from that, I'm still enjoying the game, though I haven't found much more that 40 achievements so far. big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-10-26 12:13:14

Are unlocked items kept when you update to the new version ?

Good idea, the simple text file to share achievements simpler.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2013-10-26 18:25:25

Yes, you should still have all of your achievements and recipes after upgrading.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-11-12 05:20:28

I absolutely love this game!  I've laughed, been frustrated, and have had a blast.  I use this as a game that I play with my daughter, and we have a friendly competition going as to which of us will find the most recipes in an hour.  She's winning!  Yay Rosey!!

There is way too much blood in my caffine system!  I require coffee in great amounts for total thought processes.

2013-11-12 10:28:37

I'm glad to hear it MoreCoffee!  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2015-01-10 21:16:09

Hi
I really like the game though I don't have it for a Long time. I just have the Problem that I cannot think of anything new.
Does anyone have a Little tip for me just to make me think again big_smile

2015-01-11 23:45:56

Heh, this game is kinda neat. It's frustrated me a few times though, because some of the recipes seem a little arbitrary, and certain combinations that seem to make sense don't. I can't get anything to build with, put it that way, not even clay, yet I can find random things like bacon grease and cricket.

I'd like a hint if possible as to how to get some of the more advanced stuff. I always seem to end up at the same point because most of the combinations I try don't work.

some
kinda
spoilery
things
follow

Don't worry. These are things that failed, not things that succeeded.

I was expecting mud and fire to do something, but it didn't.
I was expecting sand and fire to do something, but it also didn't.
I was also expecting apple and pig to do something (if only a cooking recipe) but again, no dice. Still haven't actually found any use for the apple at all.
Haven't found any use for mountains, not even with water or flowers as far as I can recall, and I haven't found a use for steam, ash or darkness. I imagine crickets are kind of a dead end.

Anyway, this is kinda indicative of what I mean. But if I could get even a nod in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I'm only asking because I feel quite stonewalled at this point; all the apparently logical combinations don't work.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2015-01-11 23:54:52

Most of the things you couldn't figure out how to use are usable. (I haven't figured out how to use mountains, yet, or ash.)

Spoilery,
spoilery
hint:
Do not neglect nature. Especially renewables.

More spoilers:
More,
spoilers,
Just skip to the next link/heading or something if you don't want spoilers:

... Wait, apple+pig didn't do anything? Are you sure?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-01-11 23:59:39

What I would like to figure out is how to make new rocks, water and dirt. And wind, though I've found at least one way to generate wind. (I've found ways to make water, but they just recycle existing water.)
And I can never seem to hold on to enough of these to start growing enough trees to avoid running out of those, too, although that takes longer than using up rocks.
I've been using magic primarily on rocks, water, and sticks. This seems like a terrible idea, but I also feel like using magic is kinda cheap and I'd rather avoid it as much as possible. (I just noticed: I've never seen it abbreviated AMAP. That's ... curious.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-01-12 00:19:54

Hell, I've never even grown a tree before. I feel like I'm missing something stupidly obvious here.

I was wrong about one of my combinations, the one you highlighted, Jones. It does do something, though exactly how I can use it I don't know. lol

As far as your other hint, it doesn't really help me much.

some
more
semi-spoilery
things
ahead

Stop here if you don't want a little spoilage

I can make bees, honey and wax, but can't do anything with them.
I know how to make flowers, but can only seem to use them with bees. The chicken appears completely useless, and all the cow does is create manure and methane, both of which also appear useless.
So my nature renewables seem kind of dead-ended. Oh...the pine tree, of course, which never seems to go away no matter how many sticks I create.
I thought stick+fire might make a torch, but nope.

One question, though. Does the order of your selections matter, or is it as simple as "item 1 plus item 2 = recipe"? I would hate to think wind+water would give me something and water+wind would not.

2015-01-12 02:58:24

The order of items doesn't matter.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-12 07:28:49

hi all and aprone! the game very nice but how to create a magic?

2015-01-12 19:14:33

You cannot, as far as I know, create more magic.

After a bit more fiddling, I found a few more items, but couldn't get all that far with them. I found a hammer and mushrooms and a thunderstorm. Haha. I have that feeling you get when you know, just know, that you're on the verge of busting something wide open.

2015-01-13 22:38:24

I've found only one thing with mountains.
hint
try "mountain" plus something that contains water.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2015-01-13 22:57:15

I think I found that one too, but then I was dead-ended again. lol

2015-01-15 23:48:20

Ya, I'm pretty much dead in the water when it comes to finding new items.  Some of the items slipped in here I haven't even found yet.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2015-01-17 09:51:41

Yeah there is something you can create out of  the
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
bear
you have to make I think, a knife, out of a cement slab, which uses water somehow. I really forgot how to do that but once you can get the cement slab and the knife going you've opened up a bunch of stuff. I don't remember what I did to make them though which irritated me to no end when I tried playing.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-18 16:13:48

I also got Mushrom and Mud and some Kind of bricks. But I really cannot think of a way how to create a bear. I know that those animals live in Woods. But I have no idea how to make Woods. I can't put some trees together.
I also cannot think of a way how to make a thunderstorm. I also failed making metal or glas. As far as I know glas is produced somehow with sand and metal has to be mined out of the ground for example out of a mountain. Please could give anyone give me a hint how to do so?
But it is just fun to mix the cow up with water, wind and so on. I like the things that apear though they are rather useless for me right now *haha*

2015-01-21 02:28:45 (edited by arcadia 2015-01-21 02:32:13)

haven't found anything with the chicken yet, though the ash is deffinitly useful for something eventually, I figured it out as soon as I had made ash, but it might have something to do with the fact the my mom makes and sells it. lol

I could see this being developed in to some kind of audio minecraft like creation thing in the future. The minecraft thing would be cooler with lots of noises though, especially if you develop a huge area of stuff.