2013-09-29 18:29:55

I think there are ways to create new water, but I don't remember for sure. Just in the stuff I've discovered so far, I think there were one or two recipes that provided new water.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-09-29 18:33:53

Dark, I suppose that would have made it easier in real-life situations where a single item can be transformed into something else without the need for extra ingredients.  smile

Aaron, wow yeah this seems to be basically the same game!  If I'd ever heard of it before, I'd have sworn I copied their idea, ROFL!

KeyIsFull, yes there are ways to create water.  The Bear does also have uses, and I find it amusing that you tried honey on it.  I wish I had considered that when making the game.  That combination makes perfect sense!  I don't know what it would have made, but it's definitely fun.  big_smile

ADDED:
It's so hard not to give clues, haha.  CAE, there are actually 27 ways to make water if memory serves me.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2013-09-29 19:05:27

I created a hammer, cave, darkness, rain, bee, ocean, fire, smoke, stick and that's everything. Some two pairs of items are not used and some not to exploration or discovere.
But, this game is very nice.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2013-09-29 19:11:03

I've gone from running out of wind to running out of rocks. Though it's still hard to keep wind up (the simplest path to wind isn't one you need to take more than once; another one actually appears to cost 4 wind to reach, so it's mostly just a 25% discount).
I don't think I've found any way to get new rocks, though there are some recipes that return one and keep your supply stable.

Something tells me that a certain idiom involving a bear in the woods might be useful. I haven't found the bear, though.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-09-29 19:26:14

Ah, "this progress file appears to be damaged."
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/165 … ogress.ini
I don't think I have the latest version of the game. I also copied my progress.ini file as a backup the last time I started new.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-09-29 19:43:45

CAE, here is your repaired progress file.  www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/cae/progress.ini

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-29 19:48:06

Thanks Aprone!

... Are there ways to replenish one's supply of rocks? That seems to be where I'm running up on limits, now that I've found more stuff that uses rocks.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-09-29 20:03:04

CAE, are you asking for a recipe or just wanting to know if ways exist?  There, if I'm remembering correctly, 15 recipes that produce rocks.  Of course some of those use rocks as an ingredient which means they just maintain your amount.  The rest do produce them from other non-rock ingredients.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-29 20:11:35

yeah I'm downnloading this right now I guess it will be fun to do something like this.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2013-09-29 20:50:33

Hello,

Nice game !

I noticed a bug though: the things you have selected or created aren't always correctly said. For example, I actually combine magic and rock, but it may say that I'm making a cow out of a cow and magic. Or if I select an item, sometimes it says the two items I just combined before unstead of the new I'm selecting. It happens especially when you are too fast, I have the impression.

As a general comment, it's a very nice game. But some of the combinations are a little weird. For example, I'm wondering how I could make a fire in real life with the combination you propose in the game... in a prehistory point of view, I'm not sure that it's really correct.

Anothing else is a little bizarre: at some point, I was able to make a river. It supposes in some way that I could also have near infinite water. It's a little strange when you ahve a river but no water anymore...

Questions:
1 - Some hints on what I could do with ocean, seashells and the hammer ? I didn't find any interesting combination with one of them.
2 - Is there a way to have additional base elements, like water, wind, rocks, etc. without using magic ?

I have also three suggestions :
- Add a way to cancel the current selection
- Allow to undo the last move, perhaps only in easy mode
- Add a way to search for recipees, to make an object I no longer have; for example, I want a flower but I don't have anymore, I would like to be able to search for a recipee to make one in what I have already discovered. For the moment I can only if I have still one remaining.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2013-09-29 21:14:57

hi,
Wow! This sounds awesome! I'm going to try it. Thanks very much aprone!

2013-09-29 21:48:34

Aminiel, I haven't experienced the bug where it says the wrong items.  If I can get it to happen to me, I'll be able to work on fixing it.

I'm not sure which recipe you're referring to, but the fire making method does work in real life.

It's true that having a river would mean infinite water in real life, but it's a puzzle so you have to deal with a few extra restrictions that wouldn't exist in a real life situation.

Without knowing what other items you have, there isn't any way to help with the ocean, sea shells, and hammer thing.  Actually even with a full item list, it would be easy to tell recipes but not really easy to just give hints.

You can craft base elements, yes.

I may have left this out of the instructions by accident, but you can press delete at any time to clear any items out of the slots.

I'll take those other suggestions into consideration.  An undo would be useful, but would also let people unlock achievements and then get their original materials back.  I'm not sure if I like that idea.  The recipe search idea is a good one.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-29 23:29:11

One idea for undo. Allow undo if, and only if, the recipe you're undoing is one you already knew. In other words, by following that recipe, you have discovered nothing new, and unlocked no new achievements.

2013-09-30 00:01:44

Good idea Jaybird.  That will work nicely.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2013-09-30 00:26:09 (edited by CAE_Jones 2013-09-30 00:27:24)

I've had that bug happen too. It only seems to happen after successfully combining two items, and then not always. It feels like there's a pattern to it, but I'm not actually sure what that would be. I think just pressing shift enter without anything selected fixes it.

(Oh, and yeah, the hammer at least does something you'll want. I haven't figured out the oceans and the seashells, other than one recipe that hasn't been useful yet.)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-09-30 00:31:36

Hello all! Aprone, I'm really glad you're back! Heading to this new game to see what happens!
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2013-09-30 04:14:55

I tried to combine two items to create James Taylor, but nothing happened! Help! Rofl!

2013-09-30 08:12:08

For the wrong item bug, it seems that it is often with the wind or the last item, after having successfully made something out of two items.
It also happens with magic, that clones the right item but announce another one.
For info, I'm using jaws.

Figured out 38 recipes and 45 items so far, and still nothing useful for the cow, the chicken, the hammer, the ocean and the seashell.

Another suggestion perhaps: could you extends the letter quick selection so that, for example, I can jump to sunshine by typing st without having to arrow down all items starting with s ?

I Agree with jaybird for the undo function: allow it only if no achievement has been unlocked and no discovery made by the last operation.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2013-09-30 08:42:56

One other suggestion. It would be nice, when finding ways to make a particular item, to be able to filter out recipes involving that item as an input. For example, water and something makes water and something else. That's all fine and dandy, except if you happen to be out of water at the moment, and need to make some. Knowing that water and something makes water and something else isn't going to help, since you need water in the first place!

People and politics makes house and senate.
House and senate makes congress and people.
Debt ceiling and affordable care act makes budget talks and politics.
Congress and budget talks makes government shutdown and...oh wait, never mind.

2013-09-30 08:54:44

you know, jaybird's little thing gave me a spark of an idea. We could create our own revelation mods.

1. customizable starting gear. So, like, jaybird ould have people, congrss, politics, etc
2. each possibl item would be assigned to a collection.
3. selecting 2 items and hitting a command would bring up a list of items that the object would make. Selecting 2 items from this list would create a recipe.

4. presto! repeat this process and you have a complete new revelation!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2013-09-30 08:57:45

Hi.
first I was going to say this game isn't my kind of games, but having read others comments in the topic after having played the game for a half hour yesterday, I begin to like it.
Yes, the information about the delete key is missing in the readme. smile
I'm still not fully getting the goal in this game. So the goal is to combine as mmuch as possible to see how many things you can make out of it?
It would be really amazing if this crafting thing was build into a multiplayer action game, where you could loot like in Swamp, and use the materials you've found to craft your unique items. That combination would keep people busy forever. big_smile It would be nice if you could post your acheevements to an online scoreboard. If this feature is being added in the future, I'll be at the lowest rank for sure. smile
Nice to see you back aprone...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-09-30 09:21:11

Well there is a use for the cow I'll say that, although the item I got from that I've not found any uses for, and I've not found uses for several other items including the chicken, seashells and ocean, though I have discovered how to create more seashells and ocean which is a little confusing when I don't have any uses for them.

I've discovered 36 recipes, but seem to have hit something of a brick wall with several of them at least though I'll try again.

The one that surprised me is once I created lye, I thought combining with bacon grease would create soap, since soap is lye, animal fat and water, yet I've not managed to do anything with lye as yet.

Regarding making basic elements I've found a number of recipes that return elements when you create them, but not many that will create basics from scratch.

One thing I would like to see in the game is possibly a note when you've got a final product, just because then it saves you having to constantly combine items with something which might be the end point of work.

Hmmm, if we had people in the game maybe combining people and bacon grease could create politician? big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-30 12:54:12

Another few suggestions.

1. In the menu system or hotkeys where you try to find recipes. Imho it shouldn't bring up a menu if there is nothing there. For instance, let's say you've selected Apple, and hit the key to find recipes that produce Apple. You haven't discovered any yet, so why should you have to close the menu?

2. Unlocks. I think it's a bit weird how you can unlock some basic starting elements. So let's say you're starting totally fresh, and you just discovered my prior example, Water and something makes Water and something else. You just unlocked water! And you learned a recipe for making water! Um, no, you really didn't. You just figured out a way to use water without expending it, that's all you've really done. If you have no water, the recipe you just unlocked isn't going to help you in the least.

2013-09-30 14:26:00

Great idea! Do you guys imagined if this would be used for a starting point of a crafting system in the rpg project? Please Aprone, say you're going on with the rpg and you're going to add crafting to it! big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2013-09-30 18:15:21

Hi,
@aprone: are you still looking for audio designers? I say this because I've come up with an idea that may work for music. I'm also thinking of sounds too.
I don't have anything to share yet though, especially the music part, tha's going to require a bit of discussion as my idea is a bit... let's just say... different from the usual audiogame affair. And no, I'm not talking about choosing your own music either folks, just to play on top, no, I'm thinking a bit grander than that.