2007-03-09 05:13:57 (edited by tomi 2007-03-09 05:19:35)

Hello to all,

This is Tomi.

For the past 18 months, as many of you saw, I've been testing Windows Vista. But that project is over. And slowly, a new project, a smaller sized than Vista, is rising out of the ground.

A few months ago, Ms revealed that they will be creating Windows Home server. This new Os will take advantage of all new wireless technologies, use the latest networking functionalities etc. Like a server in the home. I could stream media to one of my home systems with home server.

So. I filled out the survey that thousands of others filled out. And about two weeks later, an invetation message came in.

I have been invited into the Microsoft connect program to beta test home server.

That's great. So, I will start writing numorous reviews again. This time, all on Home server.

But how accessible is it with JAWS? No one knows. All I know is that it does not use a windows gui. More like a simplefied gui.

I am happy but in a kind of  fear at the same time: I'll be one of the first blind people to run Windows Home Server. I don't think FS AND THE OTHERS TRIED IT OUT YET.
I have no clue what the gui looks like.

But, if no one knows how server feels like,, I'll still go into it. And see how Jaws's eyes can handle it. If I succede then,  in the end, I'll deliver a nice review of this new OS. just like in the good old days.

Regards:

tomi

Thumbs up

2007-03-09 20:13:44

I wish you luck, this should certainly be interesting.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

Thumbs up

2007-03-10 05:26:10

ok. I've been in contact with Kevin, directly from the great redmon area. He works for Microsoft.

Here's what I found about whs:

1. It's buil on server 2003 technologies and uses a similar interface.

2. A client program has to be installed on the target systems, which communicate with the server.

3. You have to use either wireless or a hub (wired) connection for the server.

4. They supposedly use xddm for display drivers.

5. There are over 50000 beta testers. Those that signed up in the beginning got lucky. The program is filled, or almost filled to capacity.

Regards:

tomi

Thumbs up

2007-03-26 22:15:23

hi,

OK, I'm now running home server just fine. I wrote a 15 kb text review of it. It's all on
Http://techreviews.raydi.com

check it out!

Regards:

tomi

Thumbs up

2007-03-26 23:31:56

yes, go to
http://connect.microsoft.com/windowshomeserver

and fill out the survey.
you need 2 or more computers and an internet connection.

Regards:

tomi

Thumbs up

2019-12-09 06:12:32

So I tried filling out the survey, but the link was broken. Is there anywhere else I can go to fill it out?

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-12-09 06:37:00

Seriously?

2019-12-09 07:03:01 (edited by The Dwarfer 2019-12-09 07:05:31)

To ask, "Seriously?" Is grammatically incorrect. A more favorable alternative might be to ask, "Are you serious?" This better conveys your point and employs a proper sentence structure. In addition, asking if I'm serious is quite pointless, as: (A) yes, I seriously posted this, and (B) it was a legitimate question. I hope I answered your rather odd question. smile

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2019-12-09 07:42:19

Was it necessary to revive this topic? Of course the link would be broken. This was like 12 years ago. Honestly I don’t get why a lot of topics have been revived in the past week

2019-12-09 07:51:39 (edited by The Dwarfer 2019-12-09 07:52:49)

You don't get why they've been revived, yet you're posting in them to prolong their revived life? You realize that when you post in a topic, it revives it further - there may have been a topic above it until you posted.
Also: is it necessary? I hardly think that's a qualifier. Most things we do for pleasure, or knowledge seeking, etc, most of those aren't necessary. All that's really necessary is that we breathe, eat, sleep, and have a shelter from the cold, and that some of us procreate. Anything else is basically unnecessary - beyond survival - so hints an invalid point.
smile

2019-12-09 14:16:22

Moderation:
TheDwarfer, consider this an official caution. Resurrecting something that's more than twelve years old takes effort far above and beyond the norm. This isn't just a topic that died last year and for which you might legitimately have a query. Thread necromancy is covered in the rules, and this definitely counts as pretty egregious. I cannot believe that you did not know that this was twelve years out of date, and can only suspect that you resurrected it in order to be a troll. Thus, have a caution. If you keep this up, we will escalate, so please don't.

Now closing the topic, BTW, as it has no further need to exist.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up