2017-08-24 03:00:30

I've kept this tab open for a few days now, and I plan to continue to keep it open so I don't forget about it.  I've been too busy to work on it, but your info really does make it seem possible, and I'd like to mess around testing it.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-08-25 19:14:38

Hello,
I was thinking about something. I am not sure if this is possible,  but It would be better to ask.
I was wondering if  it would be possible to extract the subtitle from a video and converting it in a .srt  format.
I was thinking that if the guys who made the subtitle can attach it to the video, is there a way the separate the subtitle from the video?
I hope I've explained it well, let me know if I should explain it better.

2017-08-26 02:14:36

When there isn't an SRT file, it means the subtitles are just visually printed onto the movie.  I don't know of any way to pull that information out besides possibly some sort of advanced OCR software that would watch the movie carefully and try to read whatever text popped up on the screen.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-26 17:37:30

Some mkv's seem to contain a text-based alternative as a fallback, kmplayer seems to be able to make use of that but how exactly that works, I don't know smile Aprone, could you look into the spaces/special characters thing in the ffmpeg command string? Saves me from going in and renaming files all the time smile Thanks smile

2017-08-26 23:49:28

Is their software around that can do this?

2017-08-27 01:44:35

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know of a program that can convert the .vtt file type to .srt? I see .vtt used on a lot of newer videos from YouTube, and haven't yet found a program to convert their timestamps to the .srt format. I've tried Subtitle Workshop which was mentioned on this topic before, but it doesn't seem to be able to open them.

2017-08-27 04:56:54

Stargate, if you send me a few VTT files, I'll update Wade Machine so it can read them too.  I'll just need a handful of examples to test with, and of course the more the better.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-08-27 08:53:05

Hi aprone,
I know that most of people merge the srt subtitles with the movie, that making just one thing instead of two.
I've found a free software which can extract the subtitle from a movie if this is not directly printed on the screen, and send it to a .srt file. Unfortunately the program  seems to be quite inaccessible, Jaws reads nothing, andNVDA can read just two buttons.
Here's the link  which talks about the software and provides also some download links in the end.
http://www.tuneskit.com/freeware-tips/e … -free.html

2017-08-27 11:00:11

Hello Aprone.

Thanks for attempting to add support for VTT files. I was waiting to find a program to handle these files before I downloaded more, so I only have a few. If you need more to test with, I can definitely find some. The ones that I have can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwt8uy2td4kla3j/VTT.rar?dl=1

Thanks again.