2013-09-01 00:28:10

hy all!
after thinking a lot, and after watching apocalipse now, moovie, i just decided to make the sidescroller game, apocalipse now!
by, DARK studios.
we, will, include our logo, personal sounds, and best of all, it is free!
and, if you want to contact me, you can hit me at skype! if you want to take part on DARK studios you can do it!
just add me?
Michael Angel, a real terminator! reprecenting DARK studios!
add me at skype! raton.miguelito.glps

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2013-09-01 00:35:52

where's the link?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2013-09-01 00:53:43

hy Burak
hay, i sayd! anouncing, wile it is still on the development.
Michael Angel, a real terminator! reprecenting DARK studios.
Add me at skype! raton.miguelito.glps

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!

2013-09-01 01:02:41

What's the game about?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2013-09-01 04:16:58

so, has the actual development started?

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2013-09-01 04:26:59

Hi.
I don't think this should be here.
maybe moving it to the genaral games forum would be better since it's not a game yet.
I can't wait to try it, I'm sure it will be great!

I'm gone for real :)

2013-09-01 06:13:16

Where is the link, and What is the game about?

2013-09-01 09:25:36

the game, is just you destroy copters.
and, yes. the development has just started, and is so good!
i will end it, soon.
Michael Angel, a real terminator!

2013-09-01 12:13:36

wow!
that would be cool! will yu inclue a cutscene?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2013-09-01 15:08:31

hy
for shure friends! i will made a cutscene with wackner's song.
and, thanks, for the fully prepared ideas and feedback.
this game may took a wile! sorry guys.
cool! Add me at skype! raton.miguelito.glps

2013-09-01 15:12:15

and, sorry.
you were a human from a lost army, and you just have a machine gun, with full of ammo. ya see an hellicopter, and shoot at it! it explodes, and some others, apear and throw theyr napar bombs at you, or just directly shoot at you.
here starts, apocalipse now!

2013-09-01 15:55:10

When will the game be ready?

2013-09-01 16:20:41

hy alchemist
as i sayd, the game is progressing so slow. it will be ready in a few months.

2013-09-01 17:50:19

Hi.
Can you tell us more about the game? How many levels would it have? Does it have any replayability value? Any unlockables? Trophies? Sounds like Judgement day in a sidescroller, but I'm looking forward to hear more about it. Good luck on developing this.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-09-01 20:24:16

Moderation!

new released  room is for newly released games, not unreleased ones or vague plans, I'm therefore moving this to general game discussion.

Regarding the game, my biggest concern is playability. Is this going to be another hear sound and react affair? while those can be fun for a while, we already do have many of that style of game. Myself I'd most like to see a game with more tactical and judgement based gameplay where you need to understand yourself and environment in a little more detail, especially in a side scroller.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-01 21:43:48

dark you mean something like bloody school?

2013-09-01 22:48:37

No idea as I haven't played  bloody school, or indeed any of the japanese audio games,  I was speaking generally about something I've noticed in audio games before.

A lot of audio games work on a  simple reaction basis, whether that's space  invaders sterrio  targiting, pong, side scrollers where you hear something and hit or whatever. Basically the principle is getting a number of sounds representing the games objects (usually enemies, but possibly balls to hit, items to grab or whatever), and reacting asap.

What I would like to see more of  is  games that give you mechanics and positional information to make full scale judgements about. A great example is swamp, ---- you can hear where the  zombies are, but it is only your experience and your judgement that will let you know your relative walking speed as compared to zombies, what weapons to use, how best to react, whether to skirt around walls or duck for cover etc. You need to fully understand the position of your character and the zombies in order to calculate your stratogy, and this sort of calculation only comes with practice.

Even in side scrollers, in the mainstream game world going back as far as marrio, it is this form of calculation that makes for the challenge, indeed in a game like marrio the very difficulty involves understanding and teaching yourself how  best to jump, how long to hold the buttons etc, not mearly seeing and instantly reacting.

I know in audio it's less easy to show much spacial information of the  sort you need to make these sorts of judgements, but as games like perilous hearts and the fps games show, it can be possible, ---- heck, even q9 had a little of this, although there I would've liked to see a bit more made of the vertical dimention and  enimy attacks rather than simple closeness.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-02 01:04:37

hy folks.
yes, i think it will be unlocables.
and yes, you just destroy helicopters, and try to avoid theyr shoots.
bonus games, moovies, scenes, fun voices, trophies, and bonus sounds.
i mai purchase BGT license soon, so i will compile my sounds in a full functional instaler so anyone can touch them.
and, i just wrote the storyline. well, i will add mor sounds, as the game continwes progressing, cause sound designing is cho, so hard!
and, and other thing, please! don't move my topics. i will concentrate more, but please don't do it!
feel free to add me, i will accept you, terminators are not shy!

2013-09-02 13:01:04

Mmm, michael, I'm afraid its in the site rules that we wil! move topics which are in the wrong place. When you've got a playable demo, then! is the time to post in the new releases room, hence why it got moved here.

2013-09-04 14:56:27

hi michael(the terminator).
Are you planning to add bosses? Are you using a TTS or will the game be voice acted?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2013-09-04 19:44:52

hy.
the first beta should be tts, but the next mai be self voicing.

2013-09-05 15:44:34

I hope it will be released soon.
Can you add traps that can make the game really harder? A side scroller without a challenges is not realistic.

2013-09-08 19:35:00

can you add multiple weapons? pickable items? multiple veriaties of enemies?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2013-09-09 14:09:03

HMMM, interesting

new Russian company "xgames"! This company makes the Russian games and translates it into English! Require programmers! if you want to join, please contact us by email "[email protected]

2013-09-12 00:27:24

this sounds like a sidescrolling version of the games Judgement day and World of war.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.