2007-03-03 00:00:39

Hello gamers! I search geamers, wo have the game x-hour from vipgameszone.com. I have a question in tis game: Have you a tip or a trick in episod 3? Tanks! Regards, Claudio.

2007-03-03 01:11:32

I'd just like to mention one gripe I have with Vip Games Zone games. I loathe that once you start moving you can't stop (not true for all games, but true for a couple, anyway). I don't like being forced to circle all the way around to go back, and don't like how the down-arrow key will eventually bring you to a stop (or lower your height) but you have to use only the arrow keys. Maybe it's somewhat more realistic, but I prefer an interface like in Shades of Doom where you have full 3d movement and aren't stuck constantly moving.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-03-03 16:56:24

Hmmm Jayde, I'm slightly confused about what you mean with reguards to stopping your movement in Vipgameszone games. In Galaxy ranger, you can instantly stop with the down arrow, and start moving again in the specified direction with the up arrow, this also goes for Episodes 2 and 3 of X hour, ----- though in episode 2 it also causes your charactor to crouch (though this doesn't make any real difference in stopping terms).

It's true you can't stop in episode 1, but I've always just seen this as a litle bit of realism in flying the helicopter.

I do think Galaxy ranger should use the right control to instantly change direction and move backwards the way X hour does, ---- especially when one of your units has just run into trouble or is about to drop off the edge of the board. Perhaps this could be added in a future version of the game.

the only real difference as far as the use of arrows for control goes betwene Vip gameszone games and the full 3d things like monkey business and shades, is that in Galaxy ranger and X hour, your limited to only making 45 or 90 degree changes in direction (90 in X hour), where as the full 3D games allow 6 degree changes, so your charactor can move much more freely (hence the need for the snap and side step keys).

While more control in X hour would be nice, I think the system sutes galaxy ranger perfectly, sinse managing fine tuned direction of many objects, not to mention combat would be extremely difficult. Also, working out the speed of the various units movement is part of the stratogy of the game, so I don't miss a speed control hhere.

While having a more fine tuned turning circle might be fun in X hour, I don't personally find the game lacks anything for not having it. I do wish though, it was possible to have the alter speed controls mapped to different keys sinse I really don't like taking my fingers off the arrows to find the pg up and down keys when I want to change my speed.

Claudio, Episode 3 is deffinately the hardest, particularly in terms of navigation. just try to remember where the rooms and passages ae, and which side of a room your on, ----- sinse there is always free space around the outside of each room.

One litle cheating tactic for the game is that sinse everything on the board is reset when you die, just save the game as soon as you start an episode, then whenever you die, just press escape and reloaed that saved game to effectively have infinite lives.

I think Vip games zone should have thought that one through a litle more carefuly, though I suppose if your a challenge addict you might stil strictly adhere to the lives system just for the added difficulty it provides.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-03-03 19:08:38

I was referring to X-hour's first level, yes (helicopters are actually designed so they can hover in midair with only minimal movement) and to Mortal Maze as well, though that one's just a little one. I dunno, just a personal thing with me I suppose.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-03-03 20:13:05

Well, the security of VIPgameszone's games is perfect.

2007-03-04 01:56:40

About security I can't really comment (sinse my uni connection precludes almost all online games).

Oooopse! I forgot about Mortal maze (though I certainly tried the game out, I didn't decide to keep it). now you mention it though, i do remember the lack of stopping being annoying in that one.

I do know about the hovering thing with hellecopters, but I assume that lack of stoping was stuck in by the programmers in a slightly misguided attempt at realism, ------ either that or they just forgot.

It'll be interesting to see what Doggrowl does with chopper piloting in audio when Dog fight gets released.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)