2013-08-17 00:14:45

Hello.
As you know, there's an addon for NVDA for svox pico, the tts voice for android. Could some make an addon for the mack voices, like alex, fred, and victorea?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2013-08-17 00:25:19

Sorry, but no, because those synthesisers are integral to OS X.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-08-17 00:54:13

I do believe they are also proprietary, and modifications to them could result in harsh punishment.

2013-08-17 01:30:33

Lol those voices are a totally different file format that are unique to mac it's kinda like iphone ringtones you really can't use them on any other phones cause they're m4r. Same thing with mac voices. Unless apple releases them for windows, you can't port them over yourself.

2013-08-17 13:13:14

Hi,
You can actually use m4r files on other phones - they are nothing but renamed m4a files. Other OSes, such as the Android can read them without problems.
There is a high chance that the voice data could be used on windows, the problem is that the tts itself is written for a completely different operating system. The only thing that you could od for now is write an NVDA addon that communicates with a Mac vm or a physical Mac.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2013-08-17 15:01:18

And plus, there is breathing so the algorithem has to be different than any tts synth out there.

2013-08-18 17:01:08

Is that not a bit too selfish regarding post number three?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-08-18 23:55:43

"Harsh punishment" brought some sort of corporal action to mind.

But this is Apple. They are above the law. If they want to get local police forces to raid your house for some reason, they can do it.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-09-22 04:36:50

Now that iOS8 has Alex, perhaps when the system is made jailbroken, someone can get the files for Alex, assuming he is, unfortunately, now with the crappy vocalizer code.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2014-09-22 10:43:49

Well, having Alex on NVDA sounds cool ssince he sounds natural and all... But I don't think its possible to make an addon of Mac Alex for NVDA though if anyone can do that it would be very cool. If anyone does do that, does anyone mind sharing the addon with me please? Thank you!

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-09-22 18:36:45

nothing's impossible that much, is it? smile bt, what's "breathing"?

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2014-09-23 09:06:24

"Breathing" in voices basically means, well, if you notice, when we speak or sing, halfway when we're singing (I.E between singing this line and the next) or when we're speaking (I.E between sentences), you make a sort of noise like you're, sort of, inhaling with your mouth? (I don't know how to describe it better myself, so anyone might be able to describe better than me might be willing to help). Try to inhale in with your mouth slightly and you'll understand, hopefully.

2014-10-01 03:17:35

Funny, I don't remember creating this topic, I don't think I even knew of those voices that well, before listening to vidios. I do have a mac now, though. Anyways, I should have known better that macintalk is PCM wav, but then again I only heard the voice, right? But then I got this macbook, and someone told me that macintalk is PCM wav.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2014-10-01 09:19:36

Muahahahaha LOL you forgot you created this topic LOL. Anyways, if its PCM Wav, it should be possible, right? I don't know though, I'm not an NVDA dev or something. But if you think logically its supposed to be possible.

2014-10-01 17:03:46

I know that it sounds cool to have the mac voices for nvda, but just think. The mac uses a speech server called macintalk. NVDA nor windows is allowed to work with that particular server. I know, I was that way for a while until I found out what speech synthesizer the mac uses.

2014-10-01 22:16:34

someone just made that

no matter what you do, alwais, ghosts will be there. Demonic spirits waiting for you. Charlie Charlie are you here? suddenly, charlie appears with a knife. He killed me! charlie charlie are you here? tell me if it's yes. Are you gonna persew me or you're leaving me in peaze? oh my gosh charlie is indeed here! he's about to kill me!
:D

2014-10-02 09:34:33

Made what? Do you mean the addon, The Terminator? If so can you possibly share it please? Or if not, can you please explain better who made what?

2014-10-03 23:08:51 (edited by Sebby 2014-10-03 23:11:04)

What I really don't get is: Why? Why would you want to use a Windows screen reader with OS X voices? Putting aside that I think you're better on Windows already, the technical impossibility of doing this without using some extremely heavy-handed (think virtualisation) hack is so great that no sane person would bother to make the effort just for this one purpose. You would have to execute foreign code on your platform, and that's just not going to happen.

Edit: also thinking, I realised that not only would the voices not sound all that great on Windows anyway due to different conventions used in Windows screen readers, but that getting Eloquence going on Mac is a much more pressing concern. smile

Just myself, as usual.