2007-04-04 14:05:14

To add to the complexity, I believe in grand turismo there are front wheel drive and reer wheel drive and four wheel drive cars. These all handle differently, since power is coming from different parts of the vehicle.

I'll explain more in detail, but its getting close to school and (grrrr) I need to get dressed tongue

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2007-04-06 04:47:52

Heres a idea;

How about we all concentrate on what we really want, since I'm sure it'll take them a while to implement each feature. NYour right, it is pointless; so why mention it. TFrom what I can think, I think these should be rational suggestions, since this is a realistic racing game. Riding on three or two wheels is not realistic, unless you want a stunt moe. (I think a stunt mode would be cool, you could do jums and rack up points for what kind of stunt you do, and, multi-player friendly...)

2007-04-06 06:59:43 (edited by arjan 2007-04-06 07:00:19)

oh yeah that would be way fun! with all those cars smashing, crashing, sliding, driving, poofing and booming around you.

2007-04-06 18:14:00

While we're at it, what about a really hard obsticle course?

2007-04-06 23:59:15

Hi
I don't think lava and some of the obsticle courses would fit in to the game because the point of Top Speed is to try the make the game simulate an actually racing environment.
Game Man

Game Man

2007-04-07 02:00:44

You've got a point there.

2007-04-09 20:24:13

Is it possible to make a side or so in which you can see other users which want to race with others and there ip?

2007-04-10 00:33:54

A side? Did you mean a site?

If so, I'd think that would be quite easily accomplished, but, not being great in HTML code and its uses I couldn't comment any further.

2007-04-10 01:07:39

Yes, i meen a site with all servers which are currently online and waiting for players.

2007-04-10 02:58:47

Hi-

How would it cost money?

2007-04-10 03:33:53

I guess that's true.

2007-04-13 03:38:58

I like the idea of the trophy system,
It will keep people wanted to play it and I would like to see what cars you can unlock and other unlockable stuff
does anybody got any other ideas?

Connor

2007-04-13 03:49:32

Andy
I wasn't really saying that top speed should have a trophy system only that some type of unlockable system like trophies would keep gamers interested
but now that I think of it a trophy system would be a good idea

Connor

2007-04-13 07:05:32

as a side note this is getting a little insane. i was one of the first to start with the xxx audio gamer and now everybody's doing it. it's a little... wierd. not that you aren't allowed to use it but well.
now on with the good stuff, yeah some kind of unlockables, but not cars with topspeed of 2 trillion. they're rubbish. you could just win every race and it would be everything but fun. well one thing that's quite fun is to ride a straight track all straight with that car, as you can hear the cars passing by very loud, not only if they've finished.

2007-04-13 14:11:28

True enough.

Also, I'd like to be able to unlock more tracks and cars.
I guess a trophey system could be good, but I'd rather unlock cars and tracks--maybe some extra modes, like stunt mode? What do you think about that?

Andy, I'm not sure how many times this has been mentioned!

TOP SPEED! IS! A! REALISTIC! RACING! GAME!

So, of course cars can't go two million or whatever.

2007-04-13 15:28:16

I kind of agree with argen and timber wolfe that this is a realistic game and that the only way you could have a car that goes two trillion is by making it yourself
of course it would not be available in multy player
but yeah argen I like to take the fast cars on the straight track and watach all the cars go by
anymore ideas?

Connor

2007-04-14 00:05:01

Hello;

I think it would be cool to have the following, described below:

1)    Have a stunt track, or track (s) to unlock. This could be a very fun multiplayer activity, imho. People could score points for a jump etc they do, and the tricks could be like this;

Left roll
Right roll
Backflip
Front flip
Air time
Combo of any of the above
Two-wheels
Etc, and whoever got the most points would win.
Tricks could be spoken out, and I think it would be cool to here the jump come up to you (not sure how it would sound). When you landed, depending on what you were doing, your tires would spin, or you could lose control and crash!

2)     Have a championship/ career mode with unlockable tracks, cars, (engines)? Etc, etc.
3)    A realistic track and car system; when the track is wet, what will you need? Of course- you

2007-04-28 05:36:19

Any oppinions? Thoughts?

2007-04-28 07:18:15

very neat ideas.

2007-04-28 09:38:43

Hi,
I have a question about topspeed:
When the other computer players finish a race, why do they carry on racing?
Thanks!

2007-04-28 17:38:36

Um...they don't, I don't think, it might just sond that way.

Actually, one computer player might finish- but there may be others stil on the track, racing you.

2007-04-29 07:25:34

nope.. the quatros all finished, all a once, i finished before but i could hear the quatros still driving. same for the other cars.

2007-05-20 08:04:00

Yet another long post.
Firstly, I have a lot of ideas about the realistics of cars.
In ts2, cars really don't sound real, even with really good looping wav sounds put on them. When you shift up, you sound like you're in an automatic or slap shift, race cars in reality are like that, but would it be possible to get a system going where when shifting up in certain vehicles, we have to let off the gas before shifting if it's a standard. Also, when you let off the gas, nothing changes on you except that the car beings to decrease in speed and the pitch of the engine decreases. This isn't realistic, can some kind of audio  effect be added, or an optional sound be added so that when you let off the gas, your car gets quieter and the sound deeper, or what ever is supposed to change. Also, with race cars that are powerful, you really do get a lot of spinning out done when you shift up, or take tricky corners. Can top speed allow for sounds to spin some tires when we shift up and are still in our lower gears? It shouldn't happen in higher gears, but in the lower, more powerful gears, it would make since for us to burn out a bit when our gear is changed (depending on how powerful the car is in the first place e.g. acceleration setting). For turning corners, it should only start screaming those tires if you're holding your arrows for more than a second or so, that way if we're in a habit of tapping instead, we're not going to start sounding like someone trying to play a recorder with a bunch of water in it or something. In addition to this, there should be an optional sound (and we should be able to add our own if we make custom cars) that will play when we shift. For example, indi cars, I do believe, make quite a racket when they shift because they don't have a clutch? something like that. When one of those shift up, it will make a thudding sound, and the pitch of the engine changes immediately because there's no wait for the gears to rearrange. It would be awesome if we were able to apply effects to shifting, in both automatic and standard (manual) vehicles.

Can the sound player be improved in it's ability to change the pitch of the vehicle? Right now, it tends to be a bit jerky, even with cars who's acceleration are reasonable, such as the trusty quatro. Also, I guess this would get pretty complicated for one who's creating the car, but I wonder how hard it could be to actually provide a sound that is doing the revving up work, rather than let the sound player handle the job. I'm interested in the same for when you let off the gas. It would be really cool if we could have the option to make more complicated .vhc files that were able to do more complicated things, including my shift sound idea, optional sound to be played when speeding up, optional sound to be played when slowing down, optional burnout sound.
In addition, I found the shiftfreq feature in .vhc files quite limiting. Can we have a max sound that the engine goes to before shifting when it is an automatic, but, in both situations, can we have a bottom pitch that we move to after shifting up. I'm ranting on like we're still handling all the pitch changes and stuff with the sound player because I doubt it's really possible to do it the way I was thinking above. I have a sound going on here though that the pitch changes in it like the vehicle is speeding up, and the only way I can make a car out of it is by cutting a small portion out of it, or counteracting the pitch change by changing the pitch in the opposite direction with a sound editor.

Also it would be realistic to treat our speeding up control like a throttle, rather than a button used to speed up our car. Meaning it acts like a real engine, if you tap up arrow, you're going to make your engine roar for a couple of seconds. If a separate sound is available for when the gas is let off in the vehicle, it can be played when you let off in this situation.

Another awesome realistic thing would be a neutral gear, where we can just sit and rev our engines, and, of course, while revved up, kick into gear to do a really nice long satisfying burnout.

You know, counteracting my above ideas somewhat, I think a more workable idea would be to have an idle sound and a rev sound. This isn't the same as the throttlesound already used. What happens is when you hit the gas, the idle sound stops immediately and is replaced by your throttlesound which is faded in rapidly to make it sound like the engine's taking on the work load, and when you let off the gas, the throttlesound can be faded back out rapidly and the regular engine sound takes on at the same pitch level as the throttlesound was going. This means that a car creator will have to be careful to get their idle pitch and throttle pitch to be close the same so it sounds more realistic, but I believe this would allow for a far more realistic effect. Plus, some sounds sound really great with an idle, but it is pretty dreadful when it's pitch is changed up the scale several margins. The same I

2007-05-27 22:04:36

The game has a problem. The car-sound should rise pitch smoothly. once I tryed to make a hooversynth mod for the game, but it sounded like a sequence of musical notes. I once played ignition and there the pitches of vehicles were in two files and they were rising smoothly.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2007-05-28 08:11:28

i agree, sometimes that happens, not always. usually it doesn't.