2007-03-17 16:30:50

Hi
Maybe you could have a mode where the game could let some one choose the car that their opponient would drive but also the other mode could be that the game would choose a random car.
Game Man

Game Man

2007-03-17 19:43:27

these ideas (especially the last two are pretty cool).

2007-03-31 19:53:01

Guys, this is a long post. But, hopefully suggestions will be gotten.

1. Has anyone played grand terismo 2 or 3? Its a simulation style game.  (total-realism-n-arcade). For example, if you give the car gas when its counting down, you'll defenetely spin out when it says, "go!". I'd love to see "arcade" mode and a "simulation" mode, where cars act as they would in real life.
2. championship, carreer mode. Call it what you will; a racing game i nothing without it. I believe, that top speed should have a championship/carreer/circuit or some such mode, enabling you to race, and if you come in first, second, or third, you get money, and once you have enough money, you can upgrade your car or buy a new one. I'm not sur how that would work with multi-player, though. Also, I think a drag racing thingy would be cool, too. But, I'd love to see a carreer mode. I've yet to see one in an audiogame--I think it would make this games replay value go _way_ up. You could have, for example, a car hat's 10000 dollars. Well, you start out with 500- so you buy a car that's worth five hundred dollars, and win races, trying to get to that 10 k mark. Things you could buy for your car: engines, tires (ice and snow filled tracks would be cool, too). You could buy nitro kitts, stuff like that; I don't know.
3. Ralley mode. We've got the street adventure mode; awesome! Lets ralley! If you don't know, ralleying involves driving on dirt, snow, ice, etc, off-road, anyway. Ithink it would be cool if you needed four-weel-drive for some parts of the track. I know, I know. so far, these suggestions are probably so unreal. Its just a phantasy I've had, and am curious what parts of it can become true and what parts can't.
Oh yeah. Would it be possible for the car's engine not to loop, making it sound more realistic in itself?

Comments? suggestions?

I know, its far fetched to think like this- but you wanted suggestions and I'm thinking big.

an addision to number 1: if you run into another car, that car would spin out of control, and if you fly by another car, that car might be buffetd by your car passing it.

Too unrealistic yet?

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2007-03-31 20:19:23

I've thought about exactly the same things for a racing game, and I hope that we'll find at least some of them in Railracer and/or Raceway.

2007-04-01 00:48:55

Great idea! Road rash all the way! hahaha! While we're on that subject, I might as well put this in:

I think it'd be cool if you could have a mode where you could use motorcycles only, and kick people off there bike. lol!

2007-04-01 07:18:59

i love these suggestions, although I'm not so keen on the cops and the training mode. but these suggestions could turn topspeed into a really raelly really cool game, and it's already my favorite game right now.
keep up those suggestions, they sound way fun.

2007-04-01 11:05:02

Wow, how early did you get up?

2007-04-01 14:44:35

What does that have to do with Top Speed?

I like the feature in the version already where you can play on a network. I have used that feature to play with my friend...
Anyway, I sort of agree; cops aren't realistic in racing games anyway.

Maybe, they could introduce tunnels, bridges, and other things your car could go on. Well that's it for now.

2007-04-01 14:53:47

andy smith wrote:

What does that have to do with Top Speed?

Nothing.

2007-04-01 18:18:49 (edited by arjan 2007-04-01 18:19:35)

another off topic bit but... is everybody going to have a signature like the best audiogamer the ultimate audiogamer whatever? this is getting a little wierd.
regarding bridges and tunnels: yes please!

2007-04-01 18:37:57

I had already wondered the same thing today. But hey, as long as you're not the best/ultimate/whatever audiogamer I won't worry about these fools.

2007-04-01 18:38:22

You know, has anyone played "sanfransisco rush?"
Anyway, I think it would be cool if we could have a track like this:

asically, its a pipe. You have to drive over it without goig over the side- and you go through tunnels, and have to do jumps. I love the idea of jumps, makes the game more fun, the only thing I'm wondering is how would we, as blind players, go over jumps? (Know when to put on the breaks etc)?
Also, a stunt track would be cool- say, the more jumps we do, and we could have ticks. In rush, there's the following:

right roll
left roll
front flip
air time (can be multiplied, not sure how that works- but I'm willing to investigate).
er, thee are a few others, and you can o combos and stuff like that.
I think, the way playinginthedark is going right now, in the future, I believe you guys should make a water rcing game (using boats, jetskis, sea-doos, etc). That'd be totally awesome- I'd be willing to pay for it, too.

Anyway, back to top speed.
I don't know about training mode; but, of course, if more of these suggestions are taken into action, we might just need a training mode.
I think it would be cool if you could kustomize your vehicle more- say, if you were driving on ice and snow, you could kustomize your tires so you wouldn't slip as much- and, of course, usin career mode, you'd need money to buy certain tiresand such.
I can't stress how much I'd love to see a championshp mode in this game, not just with a points system, but you earn something for those points or money or whatever, and if you win ll the tracks, there could be, say, easy, and when you get done that, you get normal unlocked, and you can get money and buy yourself whatever, from engines to new cars, etc. This may sound far-fetched-- but, we want a realistic racing game; that's what most racing games sited people play have built in, and it just makes the game _so_ much more fun, and you just want to go back to it, again and again, seeing if you can unlock such and such a car, etc.
Of course, there could stil be sngle race; but, this could be just a practice session or something. Heck, I don't know about you, but if this meant we'd have to pay, I'd wok my butt off to get enough money to pay for it- but, even if its free, and if this game has caeer mode, this takes racinggames for the visually impaired to a hole new level. I mean- we might even be able to make a multiplayer championship! Now, that would be totally awesome!
Sorry for this long post- these are just my feelings.

2007-04-01 19:31:43

Hi
I think another neat feature to incorperate in to Top Speed is being able to sell your cars through the internet using cash that you earn from races or points. You could just make it like a list of cars that some one has put up on a server and give the number of points or whatever beside each car or there could be trading.
Game Man

Game Man

2007-04-01 19:38:16

game man,

Excellent idea!

2007-04-01 20:02:09

these suggestions just keep getting better and better!

2007-04-02 12:47:16

there should be unlockable tracks! i have an idea for the unlockable system.
you start off with, say the blackbird firefox and mini.
you can then unklock, the quatro, the 2 bikes, and then the ability to play with custom cars (yes, that means you'll have to work to be able to join the "racing community"!) that'fdd be cool.
also i thin, like timberwolf said, there should be the abilit to rev up your car, for example you would pess the arrow, let go, press the arrow let go, it rizes and falls. it's hard to explain. then ythere's the whole thing about spin-outs, hold the arrow you will skid, getting to a head start.
regards,
aaron

2007-04-02 15:50:14

aaron wrote:

there should be unlockable tracks! i have an idea for the unlockable system.
you start off with, say the blackbird firefox and mini.
you can then unklock, the quatro, the 2 bikes, and then the ability to play with custom cars (yes, that means you'll have to work to be able to join the "racing community"!) that'fdd be cool.

yes please!

2007-04-02 19:20:21

i don't really like that one...
how about some kind of high scores though, such as, multi player games will upload your score to the net, such as.
1 weird player, score 1066, 40 wins, 38 losses.
the score would then be something like the type of car you haves beaten and different tracks where you won on would give you varying amounts of bonus points. for example:
blackbird 20 extra points for each blackbird you've beaten (if you won)
firefox 15, minny 30 and quatro 50. thunderbolt could be 10 and wildcat 5.
just throwing around some tournament ideas.

2007-04-02 23:47:50

That's not what I was thinking <grin>

I was thinking, if someone made a hole pile of realistic-sounding cars, and we could unlock them, and say motorcycles, as we stil only have 2 that come with the game.
Well, the spin-outs:

When you turn a corner, if you turn to sharply...hrm,let me explain a little more into detail.

Ok, heres how it'd work:

In grand turismo (not saying its the greatest, though), but when you go around a turn, you have to "powerslide". In the words of gamefaqs.com, :

To power slide,
  slow down a bit before the turn or chicane with the footbrake, then as
  you turn, hit the handbrake to make your car swing around the bend (make
  your car go into the proper direction first), then hit one of your brakes
  (handbrake is easier to use) while you are facing the direction you wish
  to be in (straight), and continue driving as normal.

2007-04-03 00:15:37

What would be cool is if you could tell topspeed, "run at 2:30 pm, connect to an ip address of 142.11.44.5, select the "america" track and the "blackbird racecar."

Sure you could script it but for those (like me) who are not familiar with scripting, and even for those who know everything about scripting, it can be easier on you. What do you think of that one?

2007-04-03 02:13:08

Er, what would be the point of that, might I ask?

I mean, if your going to make it run at that specific time- your in front of the pc, I should hope, and choosing a track, car,etc isn't that hard- and maybe I don't want that car. Maybe I changed my mind.

2007-04-03 07:38:29

agree there... what's the point?

2007-04-04 00:19:00

No clue, but another cool thing I'd love to see is if, perhaps, we did have the powerslide option, we _could_ have a training mode, teaching us ho to get around the corners poroperly, showing us with a demmo car and speaking out what to do. This might be fun, too.

2007-04-04 04:01:31

Since there's really no point in it, why make it. I mean, yur in front of the keyboard. Your selecting your own car. I mean, you should be able to do that anually, don't you think? Since the car can't race itself for you, that would be kinda pointess, really.

2007-04-04 12:43:44

yup (and you'd have to be there anyway if you want to race, unless there is going to be an autopilot option which i don't want there to be).
the powerslide sounds way complex, but cool all the same.