2007-03-05 15:42:47

Battlezone? the only game I know of that name cx2 was the simple old tank game on the Atari 2600, though it's possible the game you mentioned is either a remake or a rare case of name similarities.

I'd love to see an audio vehicle based game with vehicle choosing and switching, and customization, ----- say a game involving gears (aka Mechs), tanks, plains  or even spacecraft. Something like an audio remake of the Capcom Snes game Un squadren would be great!

As to Gta, I'd rather see efforts put into creating an all around good audio game, rather than a mildly amusing, controversial, but playability wise only about average one (going on my friend's reports of Gta).

This does make me think though, there are several audio games that, were they main stream games would probably carry age certificates for violence. Shades of doom, perhaps Hunter (some very grizly sounding deaths there), maybe treasurehunt as well. It's quite interesting that if an over-protective parent saw a child playing something like regular doom with all the blood and guts they'd raise a fuss, whereas it's fine in audio. ----- how odd!

to get back to Topspeed, as I said earlier, the game is about racing! purely and symply. Some extra modes or types of race though, such as the timed event that tommy suggested, or a relay or tag race would deffinately be imho welcome additions.

It might also be fun to introduce team elements, such as a relay race, or a team race where the team with the average best time won. while I imagine programming it might be difficult, having two player cooperative as well as Vs gameplay would certainly be nice in an audiogame.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-03-05 18:03:16

Hello, Gamers. I search Peoples, wo have x-hour. I have a question in tis game: Have you a trick or a Tip for mee in Episode 3? Regards, Claudio.

2007-03-05 18:30:09

And what has this to do with Top Speed?

2007-03-06 03:05:31

Claudio, you have already asked this question in the Topic about X hour which you posted.

For various people's answers (including mine), please read that topic.

If you'd like some more help with X hour than has already been posted there, your quite welcome to reply to that topic and ask again, ------ there are some very helpful people on this forum.

However, i don't think repeating your question in topics which aren't about X hour is a good idea, on some forums I've been on where the moderators are especially strict something like that would even be reguarded as spamming and you'd have your posts deleted.

this topic is for discussion of topspeed 2, and what possible features might be included in a new version of the game, any ideas or thoughts you might have about that would certainly be welcome here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-03-06 07:37:55

Hmm. team racing sounds great.

2007-03-06 13:30:40

team racing. woo interesting. wonder how the scoring system is gonna work for that.

2007-03-06 16:03:28

Well, as to team racing, here are a couple of thoughts out of my strange brain.

One type of race you might have could be a relay race. So you start with several teams of equal number, ------ say betwene 2 and 4 drivers on each team (either human or computer). Sinse it'd be a relay race, each member would take turns doing a lap in sequencial order, ie driver 1, then driver 2 etc. the winning team would be the first where all the drivers completed the appropriate number of laps.

If a points system was introduced, ---- eg 5 for first place, 3 for second, and 1 for third, you could do lots of things in terms of tournament racing, possibly in teams.

so for example there are five races on five different tracks. Each team would put in a particular driver for a particular race, and the points that driver got in that race would be cumulative to the team, ------ obviously you'd need some kind of balancing type rule where team members all! had to do at least one race in the tournament, otherwise if oneteam had Nigel mansel, they could just put him in for every single race.

there are probably lots of other things you could do, especially if you used a points system, but I imagine at least some of them might be hard to program, and obviously we wouldn't want to get carried away with the wild ideas here now would we? 

Oh dear,

toooooooooo layyyyyyyyyyyte!!!!!!!

2007-03-06 18:40:06

Team racing sounds fun yes.

And Dark, it wasn't quite a remake but the name reuse was intentional. It was late 90's and was a major game at it's time, even spawning a perhaps less well known sequel. It was a hybrid action strategy, where you commanded the forces from within your own vehicle on the ground.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-03-08 17:06:57

What about orchinal cars, like formula one teams?

2007-03-08 20:13:58

Cx2, the tank game sounds good, and even possibly doable in audio if Gma tank commander is anything to go by.

well more cars in topspeed 2 would be good, ------ though I don't personally know enough about motor racing to say what you'd do to create a formula 1 car in game.

Perhaps, if it was possible to use custome cars in multiplayer mode, people could create other types of racing car, ----- though obviously there would have to be some major restrictions in the creation process to avoid everyone just racing with perfect cars.

Perhaps some kind of balancing system, where increasing a car's top speed and rate of acceleration automatically decreased it's handling and the effectiveness of it's breaks, ------ or maybe an Rpg character generator style system where the player is given X amount of points to increase each of the car's stats with.

2007-03-09 13:58:53

hmm yeah. that would certainly limit the ridiculous cars on the community site which is now dead and has been replaced with a new one, but the ridiculous amount of stupid cars that have a really good topspeed andare much much too powerful, ie, accelerate like crazy, or have a topspeed of a couple hundred thousand. you could just win every race with the cars with topspeed of 30000 and up. also, it is rather a shame that those cranked up quattro computer players always win every race. actually there was once a blackbird computer who beat a quattro computer, but that was in a track of mine.

2007-03-09 18:14:01

I'm not too sure if this is said already, so I'll just go ahead and say it!

Right, it just would be cool to have a built-in track editor (and maybe even a car editor).

And further I think that there should be no limit in the multiplayer mode. Or maybe a limit, but then in that way that you still can use those fast cars if they've awesome sounds.

2007-03-10 08:56:25

if you just edit the topspeed you can still use these cars...

2007-03-10 09:44:34

sounds great, but then there must be an option in the game to set the maximum speed etc.

2007-03-10 11:24:02

Yes, or maybe a handicapping system like the Ten Pin Alley game has.

2007-03-15 05:09:58

Hi
In top speed I think that if you bump in to some one elses car, that car will be pushed aside but only if you bump hard enough.
Game Man

Game Man

2007-03-15 14:06:02 (edited by arjan 2007-03-15 14:07:25)

what basically happens when you bump into another car is that the speeds are swapped. i realized this when once playing a track that a computer car crashed and was accelerating, and was going slowly at the time, i came barreling onto the scene at high speed, bumped into that car and i was reduced to no speed, while the other car had unleashed a speed blast or something, was going at topspeed instantly.
edit: oh, and andy, a top speed of 12000 isn't that high... it's slower then the slowest default car in topspeed 2, which by the way is the minny, but it also steers the best out of the 6.

2007-03-15 16:16:30

That bump-fnomenon happens quite a lot in multiplayers as well.

2007-03-15 17:14:35

yup. how exactly do you bump into another car btw? is it just random?

2007-03-15 17:28:30

I guess it happens when you're behind a car and go faster than that car.

2007-03-15 20:56:48

it still doesn't always happen, just sometimes, though.

2007-03-16 18:27:34

If you hear the quatro at a constant pitch (not the speed-up pitch) try to set your hardware acceleration to standard. This is a known bug.

And if that isn't your problem or you just want to "mod da thing", you have to extract the resources, modify the one that you need and put it back into the executable.

2007-03-16 20:40:32

I won't spoil that, because I guess the Top Speed developer team won't appreciate it. smile

2007-03-17 10:00:50

you can bump te car when he is riding ahead in front of you. you can hear that when the car sounds trough your speakers at the same volume.
And the communitysite, we are making it again, because the previaus site was hacked.

2007-03-17 10:09:50

Hi,
I have a sujestion:
When you have a cingle race against the computer, it would be fun if you could choose what cars they drove.