2013-08-09 16:51:28

I am coming in on this topic rather late, but for the most part I agree with a lot of what has already been said. Social-Eyes is for all intents and purposes a huge failure, because most of what it provides can already be done in a web browser with the Facebook mobile site or through the iPhone app. However, it also does not even remotely address those of us who use an alternative platform like Mac OS and Linux. Once again, GW Micro like everyone else assumes that all blind computer users use Windows, and Mac OS and Linux are not valid options to them these days. So combined the lack of availability and the $25 price tag Social-Eyes is just a stupid marketing stunt for GW Micro from where I sit.

On Linux, for example, there is an instant messenger client called Pidgin. It is free and can be configured to chat on AIM, Skype, Facebook, and several other chat services so it truly is the one stop shop for a blind Linux user. For general Facebook stuff you can bring up the mobile page in Firefox which works reasonably well with Orca. So I have my doubts as to what Social-Eyes has to offer a Windows user that I am not already getting on Linux for $0.00.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2013-08-09 17:06:21

Hi,
I honestly think it's rediculous. Even the up and coming chicken nugget client from Q, the guy behind qwitter, will have a demo, and a one-time, fifteen dollar fee, and a ton of features. Will I be buying it? I don't know yet. I'm still using the new qube version and that gets me by fine.
I use facebook on iOS but not too much, as they keep changing stuff. I find it rather annoying, but this doesn't justify 25 dollars a year and definitely not fifty! I'd quite honestly rather upgrade my dropbox space to 50 gb than pay for some company's attempt at this marketing stunt.

2013-08-09 18:03:52

Another alternative is,
the Socializer System Access Mobile Network App from Serotek
This software requires that you are a member of SAMNet for a monthly fee,
The System Access Mobile Network (SAMNet), a subscription-based product costs between $16.95-$21.99 per month.

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw140802

2013-08-09 19:11:28

What would make SocialEyes worth it's weight in cash is if they would take a feature from the iOS and port it over. That feature is the ability to voice chat with your Facebook friends, which, as I understand it, can't be done from the mobile page.

2013-08-09 19:31:26

the problem with the socializer is that its the same thing as this socialize thing from GW micro.  why would we pay for something that is free already.  this just goes back to having to pay to get access threw a screen reader to access my computer.  in other words, i don't want to have to.   hence, NVDA, free IOS and android Facebook apps, and desktop sites.  i also agree with what has been said before.  i'll admit that Facebook does lag with NVDA and Firefox, but i think that's more Firefox's fault than Facebook's.  google chrome is much better with Facebook and with NVDA.  there is no lag.  while the interfaces of apps and the desktop sites might change they generally stay the same.  i have always had problems with blind people freeking out about change.  now i do enjoy a bit of consistency, but blind people freek out about the littlest things.  just today i tweeted, " about an hour ago, Kyle Borah posted why are people so resistant to change? especially blind people.  they freek out when there phone or tablet goes into landscape mode. #comeon."  okay, wow, i got on a rant and sidetracked. lol

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2013-08-09 23:39:47

I'm also coming in a bit late, but I'll put my two cents on the table. It's actually about 2 dollars, since it's quite a long rant, but I hope those who agree with me like it. This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to tell anyone else what they should do.
I do fully understand why GW Micro is charging for this, I don't understand where the $25 yearly fee comes from. A 1-time $5 or $10 fee would be just fine. Or maybe you could go dirt cheap and give people the option of $1.99 for 1 year, or something. And a 30 day trial so you can tell if it really works for you... There are so many things wrong with this. Perhaps it's because there aren't many blind people who would purchase these products, but by using that strategy, they're turning many of those potential buyers off. If they just thought a little more, they'd realize that all of the people who are haters of this product, would actually consider buying it if they had more friendly pricing on it, and they'd probably get a lot more money in the long run. But, in a typical business model, they get to do pretty much what they want, well at lesat that's my impression anyway, so our chances of changing that aren't too high.
Price doesn't dictate how much profits you get. It only establishes a bass value of which to work with. What really decides if it's a pass or fail is the quality of the product, the usefulness of the product, and setting up a fair price for the product that many feel is reasonable. Thus if you put a high price tag on a product and expect to get high profits from that high price alone. Well, guess what? Only a handful of people will buy it. Some of those people will be generous, lazy, easily persuaded, or plain desperate and can't wait for something else to be found. Other people will just get it for convenience reasons, because they can already afford it. And a few others won't buy it, either because they can't afford it, or because they resent the high price. Instead they'll crack it, or have someone else buy it for them. Or they just won't buy it at all, which is really the best option for people in that situation.
Now I'm not saying that people who buy GW products are lazy, easily persuaded, or rich. I'm not one to judge. However, when you really get down to it, freedom Scientific gets most if not all of its money from agencies who can afford a purchase of Jaws, because the average blind person can't aford it from their own bank account. And for the really thick headed people who think that we just need to stop whining and deal with it, I have reasons why it's just wrong and why something needs to be done about it.
Nowadays there are organizations who want blind people to integrate with the sighted world. However, there are areas we will need help with, whether you're sighted or not. But, almost everyone is expected to have a computer. For a sighted person, that's no problem. Go to a computer store and just buy a cheap PC that's powerful enough to allow for simple tasks like using E-mail, browsing the Internet, and typing important documents. If you want more, you pay a few more bucks for a more expensive PC that'll do more demanding tasks more easily. Either way, a big question arises. Sighted people don't go through government assisted agencies to get their computers working, and monitors for computers are very reasonably priced. By reasonably, I mean I got a new PC with monitor, keyboard, mouse, Win 7 64 bit, a reasonable speed duel core processor, a 1 TB hard drive, and I believe 4 GB of ram, for less than $300. Of course the monitor is useless to me, so I'd need a screen reader... guess what? Jaws costs at least 3 times as much as my new computer! And from what I've been reading, Window Eyes does too.
So, let's see. I don't know how much money was spent purchasing Jaws 4.0 for me way back in the day, and I certainly don't know how much went into the upgrades that brought my license up to Version 13. But it was probably quite a bit of money. If I suddenly became sighted in 10 minutes and got all that money back, and wanted to spend it on nothing but the equivalent of a screen reader in the sighted world, what would I be able to get? Hmm, a huge duel monitor with very high resolution support maybe? I could game with it without trouble, even with really intensive games. I could look at things with staggering detail, and make things so big and grand enough to fill up a large chunk of the room the PC was in. Or, I could pay $500 on a decent monitor, and spend the rest on a decent video card that would still give me tons of power I didn't have before. I'd have so much to be dangerous; reading e-mail, documents, web pages, most of that would be less than child's play on this grand setup.
But instead, in the real world, all that money I spent in the sighted world on those awesome video components goes on a good screen reader that is equivalent to the input the average joe with average equipment receives with their eyes. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong!
So, what gives? Yes Jaws has a ton of features, but there are tons of free programs with tons of features... take NvDA, for instance. Even so, there's probably a long list of things that would make people want Jaws over NVDA. But, how on Earth can they justify a $1000 price tag for Jaws, just to be so much better than the freebies? I'd certainly pay a price for Jaws, I'm not one of those who think that Jaws should be free. But I know the price is too much when I realize just how behind the times some of these accessibility things are.
Now, that was an extraordinarily extreme example of my feelinngs on this matter. Back to social Eyes, the price difference isn't quite so exxtreme, as in today's world, all the same you could still buy a few video games with that. Which I still have a problem with. And really, this is why companies that only serve the blind community, are destined to fail. they don't have enough users to keep a profit so they raise prices, either because they don't care about it, or because they have no other choice. I can't say I like everythign about apple, but at least they got accessibility right.
Again, I'm not trying to say that buying Jaws, Window Eyes, Social Eyes, any of those types of things, is wrong. I won't hate anyone for buying  any of those things. I'm just more than a little irritated at the business model these products are being sold with, and so refuse to support it.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2013-08-10 01:28:51

The difference is that GW Micro, while they do charge almost as much for Window-Eyes as Greedom does for the Shark, has options that would enable the average blind Schmoe to buy Window-Eyes out of their own bank account wile enjoying moreor less unrestricted access to the program while they pay. The have at last count two different payment plans and as I understand it they were workin on a third. They're also more than reasonable if you have to miss a payment here and there, which if you're on a fixed income you may have to do from time to time. It does help if you let them know when you think you may have to skip a payment. I myself used the 32-month payment plan which requires a $40 monthly payment and was able to pay it all off well within the 32 months. If you asked Greedom to implement something like this you'd be lucky if all tat happened was that you got laughed off the phone. So at least GW has made it at least a little easier for the average schmoe to buy their product, which most Joke Rehab organizations in the US will not do since the Shark's already got them in its jaws. That said though as I said I don't see this latest stunt by GW paying off precisely because once again we're paying extra to use something the sighted have always been able to get for free. It also doesn't help them that there's VoiceOver on Mack and NVDA for Windows. In fact I remember reading an interview with GW a few years back where Raul, Steven or Aaron, I forget which one specifically, came right out and stated that he thought Apple was doing "a grave disservice to the blind community" by incorporating a screen reader directly into their operating system. A grave disservice to other screen reader manufacturers certainly but not to the blind community itself. So far Microcrap Narrator doesn't compare.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2013-08-10 02:27:02

Hi.

Wow, well if they actually said that about Apple, well I'll never give them another cent, and won't recommend any of there products to others. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but what kind of a company are they? No better than Freedom Scientific.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2013-08-10 02:31:05

How would implementing a screenreader bea disservice? I am confused on that bit, and why in God's name does JAWS cost so much anyways? Are Freedom Science Fiction that greedy?

2013-08-10 02:42:45

Yep I wonder the same thing. Who in their right mind says that putting a screen reader on an operating system by default is a big disservice to the blind community? Do they assume that just because the screen reader comes with the OS, that it won't be as good as something GW Micro could make? I'm betting that's what they want us to think. So, i guess by their line of thinking, voice Over shouldn't be on IOS devices. so, let's say GW Micro made Voice Over. Judging by how things on the desktop side of things are, you'd probably pay $500 for the Voice over ap, easily. Or would they call it Mobile Eyes? who knows? And really, that's kinda beside the point... Voice Over is probably one of the best screen readers I have ever seen for an operating system. Whoever made that claim about disservicing the blind community needs a real wake-up call.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2013-08-10 03:38:02

Hi.

Who made that comment?
Or, could I read the interview for myself?
As I said, I agree completely. That statement shocks me and lowers my faith in a company that is supposedly selling blindness products.

2013-08-10 04:06:24

As to the disservice issue GW Micro did say that, and the reasoning was that VoiceOver and these other integrated screen readers like Orca or Narrator will never be good as Window-Eyes because GW Micro works on Window-Eyes full time to service the needs of blind computer users where supposedly Apple doesn't.

The problem I have with that logic is they are literally comparing two different accessibility architectures and claiming theirs is the superior one because Window-Eyes requires more work to make Windows accessible than VoiceOver does to make Apple work. The completely overlooked the point that since the introduction of Cocoa for Apple any application using the standard widgets and toolkits will have VoiceOver access built-in from the beginning where on Windows screen reader developers use a miriod of complex techniques to get access to the content from MSAA, UI Automation, video intercept drivers, scripts, and a tun of other crap that just isn't necessary on Apple's Mac OS or iOS platforms. In short, GW Micro is just slinging mud and hoping it will stick and people who don't know any better will believe them.

It should be mentioned that Linux too has an accessibility framework similar to the way Apple's works. We have the GTK+ toolkit, which passes all information to an intermediate accessibility bridge called at-spi, that then passes the information on to Orca for speech or braille output. The advantages here are huge. Anyone developing an app for Gnome 3.x with GTK+ using standard widgets etc is bound to have a high degree of accessibility right out of the box just because GTK+ has two-way communication with the Orca screen reader through at-spi. We don't need a lot of the scripting and video intercept drivers that Window-Eyes needs to gain access to the desktop and apps because Gnome 3.8 is designed to integrate as seamlessly as possible with the Orca screen reader which doesn't require all that extra overhead. However, interesting enough Orca does offer scripting ability through Python, and that allows someone to extend the Orca functionality as needed.

So as to the issue of integrating a screen reader into an operating system being a disservice to the blind that's bull crap. Of course, GW Micro has to say that, because if they endorsed VoiceOver, Orca, etc publicly it would be bad for their screen reader business.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2013-08-10 04:25:42

Putting a screen reader on the OS by default can be a disservice to the blindness community.  It can also be a benefit.  It's the MAC problem: Voiceover is free and "good enough", so no one can compete and enter the market.  Without market competition, things stop improving in the tech world.   Putting a screen reader in an OS if the company cares about the OS and screen reader combination in question is a service to the blind community, but woe is you if said company stops caring in any way.  Voiceover on the Mac allows you to do things, but I will posit that a screen reader made by a company dedicated to it could do better.  Voiceover on IOS is the best mobile phone screen reader, still gets updates with every major release, and probably can't be beat by anyone-not to mention that app developers and the tech world are more aware of it.  I'd' say that one is definitely a bigger service than another.  Neither of these cases are a  disservice.
   Consider, though.  A company makes a screen reader, which takes a5 years or so to be ready for daily use for everyone.  Said company updates it for another couple years.  Finally, they lose interest and abandon it.  It's going to fall behind now, slowly but surely, and there's no real way for any commercial screen reader to compete.  Getting an NVDA for another platform isn't trivial by any means. Writing a screen reader requires someone intimately familiar with the platform and a great, great deal of time.  This leaves blind people in a bad position, worsening over time, and with little hope of turning it around.  15 years down the road, the OS is barely accessible because it's moved so far away from the original screen reader.  Because there was no threshold, people capable of actually making a new one either don't take notice or left the platform long ago-back when it was merely annoyances to the power user, not a major commercial opportunity.  The platform is now left without anything resembling good accessibility, and the chances of someone fixing it are very, very slim.
    I have not seen the interview nor do I agree with being so absolute.  It can be a disservice, however, it really can.  It depends on the company and the situation; saying it is a service to include the screen reader with the OS is just as bad as saying that it is a disservice to do so.  We don't have enough of a track record or enough of a legal basis to determine which, at least in my opinion-having good screen readers is not required by law and I don't think having any screen reader is.  I'd say that this is an evolving and turbulent situation in general-it's quite possible that we'll see a law that makes it a service without question: definitions for what it must be able to do for example.  Until then, I examine this kind of thing on a case-by-case basis.

My Blog
Twitter: @ajhicks1992

2013-08-10 07:00:08

I actually disagree. I think VoiceOver is actually superior to any screen reader experience I've ever had on a PC. Consider Jaws 14, which has been out for almost a year. I was given a copy of microsoft office 2013 and while it's somewhat usable with Jaws 14, there is only minimal support for it. Since VoiceOver is updated right along with the mac OS, you get screen reader support for programs as they update, not years after the fact. By the time Jaws has full support for office 2013, the next office will be coming out, and it will then become obselete again.

2013-08-10 09:05:44

There was a lot of gold on the GW Micro blog when it was alive but yes, they and Serotek have said some unbelievably stupid things in the past to justify their compensation.  Of course, they've done a lot of good too, and this is why I'm reluctant to brush them off so easily.  I'm luckier than most in having multiple screen readers, and I can tell you that it means a lot to (some) people in AT companies that their products make lives better, no matter how unfair it is that we pay enormously for them.  But times change, and so be it.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-08-10 09:15:00

I think the problems that VoiceOver has (on both iOS and OS X) really do just annoy power users, because if they didn't then an alternative (at least for OS X) would, in keeping with the hypothetical of free-market capitalism, materialise. It hasn't, so I assume we're still hoping Apple would fix the annoying bugs.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-08-10 17:31:44

Well, it isn't just power users.  Windows has its problems too, but I can be faster here.  It's not a question of needing to learn, it's quite simply that the windows model is faster.  In any moderately complex application, the idea of having to interact with everything becomes cumbersome, and after about 2 or 3 levels it becomes incredibly slow.  Voiceover is good enough that no one would buy a commercial screen reader.  Thus there is no real commercial opportunity given the startup time.  It is not a disservice to the community in general-it's good enough that people can get things done.  I still believe it can be done better.  We don't really have an example of a disservice at this point, because few companies have included their screen reader with the OS.  That said, after learning OSX (and I really did invest the time to learn OSX), it turns out that Voiceover is broken enough to make programming a slow, cumbersome, and generally unpleasant affair-the terminal bug has been known about for years without a fix, and XCode is a great example of where the Voiceover navigation model breaks down quickly-stop interacting three or so times, go somewhere else, interact three or so times, press a button, and repeat for the next one (minimum 5 keystrokes, and exploring is painful because you have to make sure to interact with everything before finding out what's inside).  I'd say it's not just power users being affected, but that it does work well enough that 75% of the community would be satisfied with it.  However, there are some warning signs that the desktop version of Voiceover may not be a top priority anymore-in 5 years, it might still be going strong.  In five years, it might be the first example of my possible scenario in which this is a disservice.  Only time will tell, but at the moment it is still, indeed, a service.

My Blog

2013-08-10 21:22:00

Being in Europe, I'm probably unusual in thinking that we should not eliminate bundled software for the sake of competitors.  What Microsoft did with IE was undoubtedly inexcusable, but Apple isn't close to that milepost yet.  And I don't hear people here or anywhere else giving Microsoft credit for upgrading Narrator in Windows 8 to the point that many people can, in fact, now use it quite successfully.  Microsoft knows full well that it has its ankles tied just because it's dominant, while Apple isn't.  So if people at Apple want to fix VoiceOver, they really can fix it.  That they don't is precisely the indication that, at least for now, it's a good enough screen reader.  I'm fairly sure it could be better too, though not for the same reasons.  Again though, the power is in your (or anybody else's) hands to write something better.  I know that I have considered it, but it's not happening, so I have to assume I believe Apple can be persuaded to fix it.  I do agree with you that VoiceOver on OS X, and in fact OS X in general, may not get the love it deserves nowadays.  This is troubling, but I think Apple is in a very good position (at least today) to minimise the amount of work it does while still providing a vast majority of users with very good accessibility.  If in five years time Apple is forced to justify to a government agency how it is meeting legislative guidelines, you can be sure that blind people or their advocates will not allow Apple's marketing campaign to supersede reality.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-08-10 23:41:21

Kamlorn, you make a good point as far as closed source screen readers goes. Its entirely possible that Apple could simply stop VoiceOver development, let it fall behind so to speak, and that truly would be a disservice to the blind community and their customers. However, as has been pointed out we don't have any real evidence that Apple is going to abandon VoiceOver soon, and like Sebby I would like to think we could lean on Apple to fix problems in the screen reader rather than having to invent another NVDA for Mac OS X. Its one of those situations we will have to play by ear.

That said, most of the focus is looking at what Apple is doing with VoiceOver,but for some of us open source is also an alternative to the commercial screen readers free or otherwise. I'll be the first to say Orca isn't perfect, but Orca is now built-in and installed with many distributions of Linux such as Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, etc by default which is opening access to anyone looking for a free and open source alternative to Windows and Mac OS. One of the advantages of an open source solution like Orca is that anyone can take the source, upgrade it, continue development, or develop their own screen reader as needed. Meaning for the blind Linux community there is always hope that someone can continue developing newer and better accessibility software without worrying about a commercial company doing right by the blind users.

A case in point is the Vinux OS. The main Ubuntu distribution is constantly on the move, constantly upgrading, and as Canonical makes changes in the Unity desktop access is left hanging in the balance. However, the blind user base has taken matters into their own hands, developed an alternative distribution like Vinux 4.0 which is based on Ubuntu 12.04.2, and have tweaked it to get the maximum accessibility out of the screen reader and applications simply because the source is available to do so. Nor is Vinux the only option.

There is now the Sonar Project which is also based on Ubuntu, but the current version of Sonar is based on Ubuntu 13.04. What makes Sonar a great option is the Sonar Project developers remove Unity and other inaccessible desktops and applications from the Ubuntu 13.04 distribution and replace them with Gnome 3.6, and a large list of accessible apps known to work well with Orca. Again, this is all possible because the source code is available, and there is no legal restriction against modifying the OS, desktops, screen readers, etc. Anyone who has the skills can do what needs done to make Linux very accessible.

The bottom line is including a screen reader as part of an OS probably is not a disservice to the blind users. We don't really have a case in point where that has been the situation yet.

As Sebby pointed out even Narrator has gotten a decent upgrade in Windows 8, and I am glad Microsoft is taking Narrator more seriously. While I do think it has a ways to go before I'd consider replacing NVDA or any other screen reader I could use it with most of the Microsoft apps if I could not afford Window-Eyes, Jaws, Supernova, and there wasn't a free alternative like NVDA. Its just one more choice among many.

To be fair to GW Micro though I get what they were getting at. Historically integrated screen readers like Narrator were never as good as one you could purchase from a third-party developer like Freedom Scientific or GW Micro. While VoiceOver is arguably good enough for most people there is little doubt that it could be better. There are features of Jaws or Window-Eyes that could improve VoiceOver, but don't exist in VoiceOver because it isn't Apple's main concern. At this point Apple's development of VoiceOver is to grant a blind customer reasonable accessibility not superior accessibility. That means, at least as GW Micro is concerned, they can do better by focusing specifically on screen reader issues rather than adding it in to the OS as an after thought. That may be true, but when I consider the cost of owning and using Window-Eyes compared to VoiceOver or Orca I am not all that sure Window-Eyes is worth the $1,000 price tag when I can have a reasonable alternative for a lot less..

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2013-08-12 15:21:57

god i don't miss this kind of stuff. ever since i bought my iphone and mac and ipad i have never looked back. I bought a 99 C app on my mac that allows me to have complete access to facebook in a tab that i can pull up with one keystroke from anywhere. These companies do not have a clue and if they plan on surviving they are going to have to change their directions very quickly. I mean even 15 years ago. 1200 bucks for a piece of software? How can this be justified. Most professional software in many industries costs less. What a joke

2013-08-12 16:34:10

Just to clarify, Window-Eyes is 895 dollars. However! If ya use the payment plan option, it does turn out to be a bit more.

2013-08-12 17:31:13

Just to clarify, we have NVDA now, and it just got support for document revisions in microsoft word and configuration profiles, so it's definitely on par with commercial offerings these days.
    More seriously, I'm not saying that Mac Voiceover is a disservice, merely using it as an example that many people are familiar with.  I have many complaints with it, but here is not the place.  It was merely a vector for a hypothetical example to explain my reasoning for not automatically considering it a service.  In all honesty, windows 8 narrator has me more nervous: if it gets good enough to stop NVDA and commercial screen reader development, we may have a problem; I don't trust Microsoft to continue developing it for the long run, and it could possibly become the first example in another 5 or so years.  In all honesty, there aren't enough examples of integrated screen readers to make this clear-cut, at least to me.
    Being open source does indeed help a lot, of course.  This is, imho, Android's advantage.

My Blog

2013-08-12 18:37:17

Hi.

Yeah, I don't get it. Why is window-eyes more expensive with the payment plan?
Do they just want more money?
Honestly, after the crappy product I used called window-eyes, having to put up with or pay for advertisements in GW Connect and finally this Social Eyes has made me think very lowly of this company, not to mention that remark about Apple VoiceOver.
I think they will be the first to go if they keep this kind of attitude up.

2013-08-12 19:01:58

At camlorn: having used windows 8 for quite some time, i can say that narator has a lot of potential. The voices lag a bit, but as far as features go, it's on par with voiceover on IOS in my oppinion. The capslock is the equivalent of the voiceover key in this case. It has pretty good support for metro apps in windows 8, and you can brouz the web with it, and work in office and be productive with it. Just use espeak for the sapi voice and you pretty much have a fully functional screen reader. Of course it doesn't have ocr, or anything fancy like that, but in all honesty, someone could use it as a primary screenreader if they didn't know any better. To say that microsoft won't advance it's development is probably hearsay, because if enough people reach out to the developers and provide actual feedback, it could be made to expand to comercial level. Microsoft isn't all bad as some people tend to conclude. Is narater a service at this point? Yes. Would i use it as my primary screen reader? No, however, if it does get a few more features like faster voices, it could be a fantastic built in alternative.

2013-08-12 20:47:49

It costs more because the payment plan includes a Software Maintenance Agreement that includes the next three major upgrades. That's how I bought my copy a few years back and have never regretted it.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!