2013-06-27 03:24:41

Plug in those earphones and jack up your volume because it's finally here! The game you've heard all about and wanting to play for ages. Please welcome the new upcoming, Slender: Incognito!

What's so awesome about this game?

1. This game has support for both Visual and Blind!

2. This game will be made by a small, 15 person crew, ensuring you your game is top-notch quality.

3. This game will be using the mouse instead of your lame arrows keys that your so bored of.

4. An actual story put together by multiple writers.

5. A single player experience you'll never forget!

5. And much, much, more!

Current release date in Unknown.

Can't wait to play as much as you!

2013-06-27 04:03:32

is this slender man? I hope so!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2013-06-27 09:01:24

I will not use the mouse with this game.
I'd rather use the keyboard instead.

2013-06-27 09:27:32

Hi.
well, it's hard to vote anything when we don't know more about the game, but if the game is going to be great, I'll pay for it. smile Will it have any replayability and unlockables? any reasons for completing the game more than once? I look forward to hear more about the project.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-06-27 10:13:25

Could we hear a trailor of it?

2013-06-27 14:42:23

hi

at first glance the game sounds interesting, for what you wrote. but i also prefer some more background information before i'll think about voting the poll.
as slj said, when there is replayability, unlockables etc i also are willing to pay for it.

i don't mind using the mouse, i also do with swamp, so i don't think it will cause many problems.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2013-06-27 21:36:40

I look forward to this.  especially after watching the slender game on yu-gi-oh abridged. lol
I can't view him as scary anymore because of that. big_smile

2013-06-29 04:36:17

Hello,
please give more details. depending on how much hipe you have around it, more people would be willing to pay.
I would also be willing to play if there was a free mode and a pay to play mode. I have no idea what Slender Man is, so if it is not one of the types of games I like, I probably w ouldn't pay for it, but if it had a dedicated story writer, it may be worth it.

2013-06-29 07:44:27

Hi,

To be frank, and I'm not trying to be insultive, but this looks a little like thought up in 5 minutes.

I don't know if I'm going to pay fora  random Slender game, especially since I have my own in the works tongue but of course if it's good, then I'd happily do so.

If you can show off horror good enough in sound to get me scared, then respect to you because I've only found one way this could possibly be done and that's binaural 3D sound, not many developers have put that to use right yet. Including myself.

I do hope that something comes of this because I'm a sucker for games out of the horror genre, which is why I started my own few projects. And seeing I won't get the same kind of enjoyment out of those I would when I didn't write them, I'm looking forward to reading what happens with this. If I can scape together the money...

Which brings me to another point, you totally didn't mention the price. Just asking, Would you pay, and we don't even know what we get is very unlikely for me to be answered, and we don't know what price range we're looking after. So yeah, I would pay, but probably not all that much.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2013-06-29 16:36:00

Well, we haven't heard anything since post 1 which is a week ago. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2013-06-30 15:01:13

hi, what will the game be? Is it an action game?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2013-07-01 03:15:53

Hi.
I'm not sure if it's possible for this person to be a spambot, doubt it since there's no links and well they seem to human, if that makes sence, although the person hasn't replyed on this topic so... I just don't no. it might be a fun game. I really like horror games so if it is released then I'll deffenetley give it a go.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-07-01 05:10:35

The vote options are misleading.  They should really be "Yes, I am a true capitalist!", "Yeah, if it's worth it", "No, it isn't worth it" or "Of course not, you capitalist swine".

I want to choose "No, it's not worth it" because it requires mouse support.  Sorry, but it's a new and very annoying trend.

Cheers,

Sabahattin

Just myself, as usual.

2013-07-02 07:37:57

Sorry, but for me, the answer's still no. The solution is to improve keyboard control, not repurpose a pointing device. Moreover, many of us use trackpads rather than mice, so it's even conceivable that the benefits aren't consistent across computers. Keyboards work, they're everywhere, and unless your operating system has really terrible keyboard latency, you can enjoy all the supposed benefits of a mouse including acceleration just fine.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-07-02 09:18:28

I'll be interested to see where this one goes, though I would've liked a little more information about the game and this slender series that bladestorm mentions (since it's nothing I've heard of).

As regards the mouse debate, well swamp (not to mention rail racer), pretty conclusively proved that the mouse can be used for a gaming experience in audio, so I don't really see the debate. yes, an individual person may not enjoy that sort of thing since there is no denying using a mouse takes practice, but when it works it works, so it's not something that will be going away.

I myself wouldn't want to see every game or operation require the mouse exclusively, since there is no denying it does take extra work, and there are certain operations it would be silly to do with a mouse in audio, ---- day selecting an item from an inventory (since why is precision needed), but if the mouse is used for things the mouse can add to, ---- why not?

A similar debate exists regarding the touch screen on the iPhone, and I will confess I've found sixth sense far more fun to play than a similar basic sterrio arcade targiting game because of that level of analogue control. 

I don't however particularly like the poll options here, since they allow no room for gradations.

i for instance would be unlikely to straight off buy a game if there weren't a demo or at least a sufficiently good podcast, especially if it was expensive, though I'd be quite willing to contribute if I liked the idea, or if I tried the demo, this however doesn't mean I believe "free games or no games"

While I have voted yes to the poll to indicate that I would be willing to pay for the game under some circumstances, I don't think the options presented really reflect peoople's possible opinions.

myself I'd suggest a poll of

"yes I'd absolutely pay for the game no matter what", "yes if I could play a demo", "yes if it was under 5 usd", "no, but I'd be willing to try the demo", "No not at all"

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-07-02 12:02:19

Hmmm, sounds a bit b movie to me, especially the bit about him only going after women (they should rename him sexist man!), big_smile.

I agree your description doesn't sound appealing, (the monster sounds something of a joke), and it sounds like more an attempt to translate that sort of lovecraftian, steven king horror theme into video, which is a rather whacky idea considdering that the hole point of such things was what you didn't! see.

That being said, I can imagine it being done in audio as say a game where audio distortions and other weerd affects occurred the closer you got to the monster, since there's no denying some damnably creepy stuff can be done with frequency shifting, echows and random effects, after all pappasangre had some pretty good horror audio ambience, likewise, i could imagine a death sequence in a similar unseen way where say your character starts screaming and then cuts off, but not cuts off in a sense that your character is now dead, just in the sense of the audio file instantly snapping off leaving the actual death to your imagination.

This is an area where I think there might be milage for an audio game appealing to sighted players, since with limited information available in sound you can increase the horror aspect which is of course the logic audio dramas work on. i remember a friend of mine who enjoyed the doom series saying that this was why he found shades worse than any of the graphical doom games in terms of horror, and certainly it was something that occurred to me the first time I played shades myself, even though the audio in shades is rather dated now.

Again though, this is perhaps where some more information from the developer would be helpful, ---- indeed he hasn't stated whether this is in fact the slender man character or not.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-07-02 12:07:29

Yeah I'd deff pay for a game if enough work was put into it and it wasn't just left in alpha testing stages or something.
Also saying you won't play a game ever just because it uses the mouse is pretty dam rude in my opinion.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2013-07-02 12:25:27

@Sneak, Sebby is just as entitled to state his opinion as are you, feel free to disagree or agree as you wish since that is what the forums are for but don't deny him the same.

As regards slender man I've just consulted the fount of all wisdom aka wikipedia about Slender man. While as I said above I could concieve of a horror themed game with an unknown audio monster, it does seem from wikipedia that the mane appeal of slender man is his visual appearence something which naturally wouldn't translate into audio, ---- indeed the basic textual description of an extremely thin long armed man with a plane white face and a black suit doesn't really sound that frightening on it's own.

Then again we'll see, since if Slender man could be given a sufficiently scary audio presentation which matched the iconic status of his visual one that might change, although it'd likely mean adding to the character.

2013-07-03 00:31:17

Ok, here is whats up guys.
Noah and i have been friends since we were five, I am apart of the slender group. Noah is very busy with a summer job he has, and everyone else in the group is either busy coding and such, or coding while working. So, if you guys have any questions, ask me. My job is going to be to bata test the game, and find voice actors because we are sure to need them.
I remember reading someone saying that they were not sure that it wont be scary, that they said it would b e hard to make the game scary. Well, if you any of you guys that have sighted friends, tell them to play the game and make sure your there to here it. In fact, a lot of the game is based on sound. One of the scariest parts of the game is hearing a horrifing monster around the cornor, but you cant here it. The monster gets closer and closer, but you still cant hsee it. Then, it pops out at you.
Right now, we have absolutely no idea how much it will cost.
We are going to make sure to use high quality sounds to make the experience even even better.
If you want to contribute by finding some sounds that might be good for the game, you can email them to noah and i. Also, if you guys want to voice act, email me and i will put you on a list. So when we have the lines and everything, i will email you guys.
My email is [email protected]
I am not sure what noahs is. I will get him to post it later.
If you guys have anymore questions, just post and i will get back to you guys.

2013-07-03 11:14:41

Night hawk: thank you very much for clarify that Noah isn't a spambot. I wish you the best luck on making the game.

Best regards SLJ.