2013-06-26 01:13:17

Daniel, quit with the discretion, because, that, is, against, the, rules. Discretion is the act of making of someone and calling them the exact opposite sex, and your doing just that. Your report is already in the administrations hands, and, hatty already knows about this. I am tired of you calling me a feemail because I am not. We've had enough of your nonsense and I am too. You know how you said that you'd tell hatty.gsf? Well he already knows. Have fun getting arrested.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 01:18:00

hadi.gsf wrote:

So, This is a mud game, it's basicly a core with another name, the developper  promisses to  actually work on this game to actually  make it a different game, he demands that he can get players on it, and  insults a guy who tries to complaint about the game or  topic or whatever.
The New Releases room of audiogames.net forums is not a place for these kind of topics;
get out

Exactly. Daniel deserves a permanent ban because of this. He has insulted me multiple times before, he has hacked games even hough he is too scared to admit it, he has controled many people, including me, he has changed peoples passwords, he has tried to get me arrested by calling my local courthouse about a albem artist who is racist, he has changed peoples passwords and pretended that he is a skype administrator, an audiogames.net administrator, and, before I forget, he has violated copyright in the UN (United Nations). He also thinks that copyright does not apply to him.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 02:17:12

There is clearly a complete and utter lack of anything vaguely resembling logic here.
This is a topic that should have been resolved years ago, and as it clearly hasn't something is weird.
In my mind Tristan, the person who actually coded the database, should do something about this. I'm going with the assumption that he hasn't, but correct me if I'm wrong.

When logging onto this mud, I don't see any code that's particularly new. It seems to be a re-itterative cycle that seems to continue every few months or so. The cosmos database is reuploaded, the flamewar lasts a few days to a few weeks, and then the entire debacle is lost to the mists of a lacking attention span.
If I was in a similar position I would code the mud in another language. The LD mud driver would even work here. Or optionally you could use c++ or code the space mechanics yourself, as if you are a
coder in moo code already then you have the required knowledge to do so.

There seems to be no organization here, and often there is contest as to who's actually developing anything or who's hosting anything. It would probably just be easier to lose the cosmos db in favor of coding one that actually works.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-06-26 03:39:43

That's my idea here as well. Daniel thinks that his MOO is awesome when we've all tried to tell him,
"We're! Not! Interested! In! Text! Games!"
Do we have to spell it out for him to understand, because I'm just about too just to get him out of the text gaming industry. Cosmos is a bad MOO DB and he knows it, so he's going to. Hell, LPC would work perfectly here. You can code space yourself, not use another dB. That's how most games fail. Its because they base there games off of another database and it fails to work ecause they get no players. Yes, daniel, I know your player count is dropping. Today you only had 3 players. Soon you'll have 0. Yes, 0  0 0 0 0 0 0 0! That' death number 0.
Cosmos is a terrible database, IMO, and it should be in his as well. I don't know why he thinks he can just do this, but he thinks he can do anything.
About coding
Daniel does not know how to code. In fact, all he does, like I said earlier, coppies it. In fact, he's so bad at coding in MOO that he wants Danny (see post 25) to be his chief coder because danny's so good at it. If your a good coder, daniel, take down cosmos and put up lambda moo only, then code an entire game out of MOO only, no other language. If you can't do that, then you can't code. Danny and I are already working on another game in BGT. I will not tell any of you the game name, nor its functions do to the very very early stage its in. You won't see version 1.0 for a while. Stay tuned, I won't post any more about that game here.

My Github

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 04:22:43

I'm gonna have to agree here with what's been said on cosmos. This is the hole reason I don't play muds anymore. And as for calling ethin a female, i'm prytty sure that's against the rules, but feel free to tell me so if i'm rong. But yes, it does seem as if every topic that gets posted here about cosmos is just simply a stock build with afew planets to try and hide the details.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 04:31:48

Exactly. Its just a damn clone of fuck off cosmos. In fact, I'm thinking about doing a linux machine, in fact, I'm currently installing as we speak on another machine here. If any of you cosmos lovers think you are going to get more players than miriani, think again, because we'll know your using cosmos immediately due to the layout the character creation looks.

My Github

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:04:50

I have no objection to people using cosmos, you can use it as much as you like. In fact I would have never posted on this fourm thread but I was dragd into the argument by dglex mentioning my name, and I had to clear things up seeing as I have a history of starting projects but never finishing them, or posting too early. Despite what one may think, I'm in no way with vast space, and I have nothing to do with it apart from that hole coding thing I posted in post 25. I have moved on from moos, and have now learned bgt. So, this will be my last post on the matter, and I would highly apreeshiate it if dglex wouldn't drag me into this topic. Just saying. And dglex, I have to agree with hadi. Calling a guy a female is in no way funny or insulting, it just makes you look more unprofessional to would be players of your moo.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:14:51

No, Danny. I need your help coding on another db, not on VS.

Dreaming of a dystopian future.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:19:07

Oh my god Ethin. I can't believe someone as stupid as you is still alive. Unlike you, I actually know how to code in MOO. Unlike you, I don't sit on my ass all day playing around with pointless softwhere that no one in their right mind uses. Unlike you, I don't get my face into stuff just for the heck of it. Come back to me when you've grown some brains, and then maybe we can discuss this.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:25:03

Oh yeh, and you continuely persisted on asking and asking and asking even though I said I would give up the mudding community. Their's a good reason I did that. In case you don't remember the last failed moo creating attempts I did. And you can shout at me as long as you like, though its only gonna make you look more unprofessional. So for the last time, please leave me out of the rest of this topic.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:26:07

OMG Daniel! I've never heard of someone as fucking dumb as you! First of all, you sit on your ass all day, using a pointless program. Oh, and no one's on your side her. I've heard your announcements. There quite stupid, actually. If you want players to join your game, then! Fucking! Grow! Up! Your acting like a 2 year old here! And its not acceptable! Wouldn't most of you here agree that daniel is acting like a fucking dumb ass?
First of all daniel, I in fact like to learn new programming languages and learn how to do other things. Unlike you, I actually want to sit back and learn something new. Unlike you, I actually have a brain. Unlike you, I actually know more than you. All you know how to do is attempt to make a fool of yourself and lie. Yes, daniel, your a fag, and I don't care about you, no one does.
Dark, take care of this bitch.

My Github

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:26:34

Exactly. You promissed you would help me code if I fixed things with Ethin.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:31:35

For the record, I said I would code you a space system, I didn't say I would code you an awesome stile miriani clone. And I only agreed to it because you told me I was waisting my life not coding. I coded you a space system, on another db which you fail to use because i'm not your main coder. Seriously, this is getting old. Can we please drop the topic before we do start another flaim war?

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:31:40

That's good. More maggot rage. I posted the link to this in an announcement.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:31:44

Daniel, your not fixing things between anyone. Your in fact creating a giant pit and your falling in farther and farther. Enough with that shit of yourself. Your very unprofessional about this.
At least I
Know how to code HTML
Know how to administrate games, you do not, it seems like, unfortunately. You have no luck at all. Your quite worthless.
I also
Know how to code in C++, LPC, etc.
And a lot more that you'd never dream of.

My Github

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 05:43:25

Ah such professionalism. You truely show a grasp of the english language, as you are able to articulate your sentences by using as many swearwords as possible to convey a message. don't get me wrong swearings' fucking fun, but still it shouldn't be the basis for an argument.

Now

Dannny seems to be the most logical and reasonable person here. Dglex is kind of failing to get any point across, and it seems that this thread is going nowhere. Extremely rapidly. I mean you could use relativistic physics here.

to quote Ethin:
Daniel, your not fixing things between anyone. Your in fact creating a giant pit and your falling in farther and farther. Enough with that shit of yourself. Your very unprofessional about this.

Uh. You just contradicted yourself.

I think the general idea here is to just say nothing.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-06-26 06:02:07

stewie wrote:

Ah such professionalism. You truely show a grasp of the english language, as you are able to articulate your sentences by using as many swearwords as possible to convey a message. don't get me wrong swearings' fucking fun, but still it shouldn't be the basis for an argument.
Exactly, you have it right there, stewie.

Now

Dannny seems to be the most logical and reasonable person here. Dglex is kind of failing to get any point across, and it seems that this thread is going nowhere. Extremely rapidly. I mean you could use relativistic physics here.
I agree with you.
to quote Ethin:

Uh. You just contradicted yourself.
Yes I did, didn't mean to be that harsh.
I think the general idea here is to just say nothing.

Right. But that's the only way to get rid of dgleks. He says that he knows C++ which he does not know. He's so dumb that he asks other people to code for him. If he wants to make a game, then he should right his own game from scratch, starting from the game server and going upwards from there. I am tired of this bullshit and it needs to stop. If daniel wants to act professional, I ask him to do the following:
@dgleks
Do the following to be truly professional.
1. Get rid of cosmos. Use a type of shredder or permanently delete it. Here's how
rm -rf <directoryname*>
For example
rm -rf /home/username/cosmos*
or
rm -rf /root/cosmos
2. Get rid of his so called modified gamma moo.
3. Rewrite the server and really make it your own creation. Modify everything, or, even better, learn C++ and write your own server from scratch. The server main file should either be a makefile
Go into your folder and type
autoconf
then
automake
or a .cbp, .cpp, or .c file. Make sure its got a .h file too.
If using makefiles, when you update them after modifying a file by using
autoupdate
and then
autorescan
You also might want to make the master C++ server file <servername>.cpp, <servername>.cbp, or <servername>.c. You have to know C++.
For the .cbp file extension, you have to have code blocks. It supports many different languages, including ADA, Angel script, C++/C, D#, Fortran75 and fortran95, HTML, and a lot more. The download link for that is
http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ … -setup.exe
Note! Your server will need a configure script. The autoconf utility does this for you.
At the end of C++ creation of your server files, make sure it compiles correctly either with warnings or without any warnings by using the following command, if supported by your makefile.
first,
make
then, optionally,
rm -rf *.o
Don't do this if your server needs object files!
Then, run
make install
then
make clean
These commands will optimize your server so it runs correctly. To run all of these at once, run
make;rm -rf *.o;make install;make clean
You don't have to use the rm -rf *.o command but it is recommended as to save disk space. Some .o files can take up a lot of disk space.
That's all I'll say about this.

My Github

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 06:28:39

MODERATION!

This kind of flaming is not productive to the site, and it certainly is not allowed here.  I'm closing this topic because I hardly believe anything good can come of it.  Any further discussion on this subject will be conducted in a civil manner.  End, of, story.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 14:59:22

Lol, this got out of hand quicker than i could read the thread. Nice catch nocturnus. Any other mods care to fill me in on the history of the mud code base? I know it has instilled a lot of hate amoung many people but why?

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 16:18:43

What I know is limited and is bassed on things I've seen on this forum.  There  appears to be a bunch of controversy as to weather anything should be developed using this particular databass.  Some people say it's copyrighted; others say it's not or that it doesn't matter and that it's their business even if it is and assume a "just keep your nose out of it" attitude.  Some people don't believe it's worth trying to develop anything on it and others swear by it.  while I myself have condoned the use of other people's work for the sake of learning, I don't understand why one wouldn't try for a little more originality and stay away from something which may, or may not be copyrighted, and which in the past has proven to cause so much friction in the community.

A previous suggestion was made in a previous post on this topic, to ban all cosmos related material from the forum, to which I personally agree.  Since we do tend to make important decisions of this nature together, I would, of course, not act upon it until we're all agreed.  At any rate, I submit to all of you this topic as proof of what can occur as the result of a databass which has resulted in a couple of other incidents and generated other topics that never seem to get anywhere.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2013-06-26 18:04:43

This is what i think needs to happen. First, we need to get to the bottom of whether or not the code base is copyright or in use by it's creater. Even find out if said creater would be open to new muds being developed with the code base. If no and no, then certainly ban all content that is related. Other wise, allow the topics to go on.

Thumbs up