2007-02-01 19:26:52

thx
hi,
can anyone here tell me where i can purchase a copy of the sound library that draconis uses? there sounds are really great and i would love to own a copy of my own.
if you can give me a price and a website from where i can order it from i'd be really greatful.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2007-02-01 21:30:00

Archer, that's the sort of question that someone on the audeasy list might be able to answer, sinse that list has several devs including phil Vlasac, Thom Ward, and SuperLiam himself!

For that sort of thing you might considder subscribing to the list.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-02-02 07:13:09

I wouldn't mind an action adventure. Prince of Persia: sands of time is the type of game I would like to see. Big environments, a lot of cool movements you can perform, overcoming obstacles, very very intense combat, and stuff like that. Basically, you explore the environments like any other adventure and periodically you'll come across guards and creatures usually four or five in one group, and your job is to mow them down with your trusty blade, with very interesting leaping thrusts and one move where the prince leaps into the air, vaults over the head of an oponent and comes down on the other side while delivering a fierce backhand slash to the back.

I would voice act as well, just let me know if you want me to. [email protected] is the address to use.

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-02-02 10:01:58 (edited by sabrina 2007-02-22 20:50:57)

my favourite games are those that include exploring. i can voice act as well.
edit in the editing: i was half asleep the previous time and noticed these errors.

I live to crochet!

2007-02-02 10:39:54

It's funny you should mention Prince of Persia assault freak, I've got a very clear and distinct idea of how to create the original side scrolling Prince of Persia game in audio, combat and all! though as I said I'm not sure about the audio game maker's abilities to create side scrollers, especially sinse Prince of Persia has some fairly complex features.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-02-02 11:31:47

Of course. And most of their puzzles require vision. Like where you have to calculate when to jump, and where to jump. A beeping sound that you have to center makes it too easy so first of all, some puzzles have to be removed. Other than that, building that up requires about a year of hard working, which in that case, there are not much vollenteers so it would take a lot to program, and side-scrollers are not much of a challenge especially when thinking about POP, so we have to have a 3D game.

2007-02-02 12:05:17

Well, I love challenge. I like action games, and favorite game is troop2. I love to play it in bomber madness on insane.

John, the super audio gamer

2007-02-02 14:12:01

I found programming is not the difficult part of making games. The real pain is getting good sounds...

2007-02-02 14:19:41

Heh. That is what I experienced. Sounds, and sometimes, the will. Other things are just easy.

2007-02-02 15:45:47

Actually Parham, it's Prince of persia's precision that make me think it would translate well into audio. the game already uses a fairly precise stepping system to calculate jumps, and all you'd need to do is use different audio effects (probably wind sounds of different pitches), to show the length of the hole, as well as a step echo for when you were approaching a wall.

Thus far we haven't seen a true exploratory side scrolling platformer (though Montizuma probably will be), so I'd love to bring this genre into audio.

The challenge in prince of persia wasn't to defeat the enemies, but to get through the levels, opening the doors, and jumping the pits, which requires quite a bit of patience and forthought (for more info, see my Snes Prince of Persia review on Gamefaqs). And let's not even get into the two hour time limit!

If I can work out how to do 2D games, Prince of Persia on my list of things to try out when the audio game maker is released, but whether I get around to it will be a different matter.

2007-02-02 19:45:58

Yeah. Although I was referring to Prince of Persia, sands of time, which is 3D and for the ps2. Check out that game if you can possibly get some sighted assistance. You won't be disappointed. The music is like a combination of middle eastern stuff mixed in with rock. Very good stuff. The sound track can be found with many others at the following link:
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php?r=38927

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-02-02 20:03:31

I'll create a game where you have to navigate your character through a wide river. And that all without hearing the position of yourself. So in fact, you're scrolling the whole world, while the character doesn't move.

2007-02-02 22:01:04

Yeah well, that description could probably be given to most games that feature scrolling (though it never occurred to me that Superliam was that! super). ;D.

If your movin from side to side as the river pushes you along, I think the technical term would be something like self scrolling (similar to a racing game).

I'll be interested to know what nasty thhings are floating around in this river with you.

2007-02-02 22:36:50

Well, it is not what you may expect, but maybe it is. However, I'm looking for beta testers. At the moment there's absolutely nothing programmed, but that will change soon! I think the first beta-release will show up halfway this month.

2007-02-02 23:23:46

Unfortunately, the production I'm doing is going to be at the start of march, so I really don't want to take on anything around that time (especially as I already have beta testing duties for some other people), and not to mention of course my Phd.

If the programming does however take longer than expected, I might be able to help (though given the amount of eager potential testers on this board, You'll probably have a good team built up by then anyway).

2007-02-03 08:56:58

an idea. how about really big river plants that entangle your boat? this may sound stupid, but just an idea.

2007-02-03 09:53:37

Arjan, have you ever played Diver? smile Anyway, sounds cool...

2007-02-03 11:26:51

no, i haven't even heard of that game actually... don't know much about mainstream games as i don't play them.

2007-02-03 13:44:40

davie: i would like to join the test team please. the gme soudns fun. i like trying new things.
arjan: the diver is a game by tdl games. it's an audio game. i don't know if it's available or not. if i find it i will give you the link. i warn you though, it's hard! yes, hard! i didn't get very far in it.

2007-02-03 15:40:49

tdlGames, i have never heard of that game, but i have heard of the company. oh and i would also like to test if possible.

2007-02-04 14:10:54

if i am accepted into the test team, davie, e-mail me at the following address: (remove the commas to get it)
aar,o,,,n,@,ra,n,,d,y,,.lap,,,t,o,,,p,,,,.co,,m
regards,
aaron
p.s. if anyone from the forum wishes to contact me for any reason then you can e-mail me using the address above, removing commas

2007-02-04 14:25:14

Do you have MSN or something? That'll talk some easier. smile

2007-02-04 14:31:15

Tdl games are stil going, their big commercial game is Space colony cleaner, (though I seemed to suffer far too many random and pointless deaths for no reason in that game to want to actually buy it), I believe their earlier games are stil available though.

Here's the link: http://tdlgames.com/

2007-02-04 15:48:56

ya, space colonei cleaner i heard of that one. yes i do have msn, but i like skype better. but if ya don't have skype, then i will add you to msn.

2007-02-04 16:13:49

Everyone who's interested may add me on Skype. My Skypename is the same as my name here, but there's a dash (-) between the two words.