2013-05-31 02:05:07 (edited by dhruv 2013-05-31 02:05:52)

hi there,
I was looking at all the fanfics around fanfiction.net, and I found "make a wish" and "wit of the raven" very intrusting. are there any fanfics where the magical system of harry potter is vastly different or where harry has huge amounts of luck?
thanks.

This is not a signature.

2013-05-31 05:37:14 (edited by grryfindore 2013-05-31 05:37:48)

Hi,
Ahh,uge amount of luck? alas. that stops me from posting the link to a fanfic I was going to. big_smile
By luck if you mean everything happens harrys way,and he basicley stomps through everyone and everything without a hitch,there are quite a few  out there. Most of them are,ehh, m/r rated. Never liked those myself,though.
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2013-05-31 06:31:39

at grryfindore ,
which link were you going to post?
you know, even if it isn't the answer to the initial question, others'll enjoy it.
so go on! post it! smile

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2013-05-31 08:15:40

In my opinion he has more than enough luck in the books... Lol! I do not likehim at all.
...Snape is much more awesome and certainly one  of the deepest characters in the series if you ask me.
I've been a huge HP fan, but I'm starting to lose interest again, so I'm afraid I can't help you much when it comes to fan fics.
But would surely be nice to read some good fan fictions... Though I'd rather read some about The Golden Compass smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-05-31 09:56:36

Do these count?
"Oh god Not Again!" - a parody of Peggy Sue plots.
"Growing up Kneazle" - Just before his third birthday, Harry accidentally animagus-transforms into a kneazle. Hilarity ensues.
Harry Potter and the Natural 20 - a Dungeons and Dragons Wizard winds up in the Harry Potter universe. Hilarity ensues.
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality - a fanfic so popular it has its own website, podcast, and movie-of-the-podcast courtesy the Sims 3. The idea is "What if Petunia married a scientist instead of Vernon?". Rules are that Voldemort has to be at least as smart as RATIONAL! Harry, and no one is allowed to carry the idiot ball. It's kinda stalled for the past year, but according to the author's notes, there are two more chapters almost ready and a progress report sccheduled for about 36 hours from now.
And then there's the extremely R-rated (as in, lots of sex cursing and violence) A Black Comedy, in which adult Harry and Sirius wind up in an alternate universe where they get into all sorts of trouble trolling everyone important and bringing home new girls most nights. And Harry gets the ability to spawn an arbitrary number of magical arms, for some reason.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-05-31 14:10:22

hi all,
gryf: I agree with chandu, can you give us the link you were talking about?
cae: heh, those are...simply helarious...thanks for their link

This is not a signature.

2013-05-31 14:56:49 (edited by grryfindore 2013-05-31 15:00:10)

Ahoy,
at cae, A Black Comedy is one of the best humar harry potter fanfic I have ever read,and I have believe me,read a lot. big_smile
For me,anything harry potter gos,and I enjoy stuff from the marauders era to founders,hogwards,before hogwards post hogwards,so most all,but not the next jen so much.
as for the fic I was going to suggest one of them would have been Dark-Respit
no longer updated,is m rated,but is awesome.
another that I have been reading recently and find its plot very unique is
Harry-Dursley and The Chronicles of the King
I think the summary of this one describes it the best.

Nothing is as it seems on the path to power. Bodies and conspiracies litter the road as daggers shine in the air. Treacheries centuries old leave the place to decade long plans that are just now coming to fruition, and Harry Dursley questions himself through a journey that shall lead him to drastically change his perception of the world. It's all a matter of perspective, after all.

This one is quite a bit to read,though worth it as the plot is the most awesome that I have seen in a fanfic.
it is  at least not abandened although the updates aren't super fast.But the chapters are quite long,so that at least makes up for the wait.
if you read any fic ,or plan to,I suggest considering this one.
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality I can't praze enough,although the popularity of the fic speaks for it self.
One frustrating thing about reading all these fanfics is some of them are so similar to each other that they all get jumbled up,and its quite hard to remember their names. so if I think of any more,I'll be sure to drop a link to it here. smile
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2013-05-31 15:41:31

Wow, I've read so much hp fanfiction that it has all jumbled up into one huge mess.  I can post links to the great fanfics that I can still remember though.

First of all I have to mention methods of rationality and chronicles of the king, even though those have been mentioned before.  I've also read Mastermind hunting
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2428341/1/M … nd-Hunting

Its a 600k word complete fanfic, harry is raised by dursleys, there is a lot of muggle technology its just really awesome. 

To the person that was talking about Snape, you might like this one. 

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7724057/1/Family-Bonds
When, after that fateful Halloween night, the wrong Potter twin is hailed the Boy Who Lived, how will Harry's life turn out? With a power he knows not, an ancient prophecy and one Severus Snape practically raising him, interesting at least is a given.

There's another one lets see if I can find it...

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4923158/1/3 … -Marauders

Harry & Dudley flee an abusive Vernon-to Severus Snape.Severus finds a new home for himself & the boys-with dragons and hunt the Horcruxes from there. The dragons-especially one become their allies. Tom R is VERY different.

Its also a really good fanfic, but it gets updated slowly. 

And last is a harry potter and dragonriders of pern crossover, the first in the series is the queen who fell to earth:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7591040/1/T … l-to-Earth
Forced to compete and abandoned by his friends, he steps from the tent with only one goal in mind, suicide. Instead Harry awakens a power that spans time and space and starts a war between the worlds.

It, and its sequel are complete. 

Sorry I didn't paste my own descriptions but I'm terrible at giving plot summaries.  I'll just say that all of those are some of my favorite fanfics.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2013-06-12 02:12:15

I really enjoyed Prince of the Dark Kingdom:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3766574/1/P … rk-Kingdom
Voldemort won the war and rules Britain. Harry's parents fled to Germany and
are killed by muggle burglars. He is sent to live with the Dursleys and he ends up at Hogwarts.Harry becomes Voldemort's   apprentice. its very unique; the author has fleshed out the magic system, world, and politics amazingly. He plans to write all seven years of Harry's time at Hogwarts and six are already completed. There are 142 chapters total so far. I would highly recommend it.

2013-06-12 04:59:45

Hi Folks,
I hope most of you know I wrote a Harry Potter fan fic and turned it into an audio game.
The game is not exactly like the story but close.
http://www.pcsgames.net/Sarah_Goode_and … zardry.zip

Sarah Good is an eighteen year old American graduate of the Salem Institute of witchcraft who finds an ancient magic wand and goes to London to return it.
It is during the summer holidays, right after the year Harry found out about the Order of the Phoenix,  and only a few teachers are left, but she wants to visit Hogwarts castle. She gets there about midnight and finds the front door mysteriously open.
As she walks in, it slams closed and locks, preventing her from leaving...
I am still working on the game update .

2013-06-12 05:28:46

Hi,
at mrpibb, The prince of the dark kingdom is indeed a nice ppiece of fiction,but I only got as far as the second year I may begin again,but it would be a undertakeing for which I may need a bit of free time. as the fic is over a million words. wink
I do have a question,though. Is Harry just a apprentice of the dorklord?or is there a pareing hp slash lv?
at fil,of course we know about your audio fanfiction. big_smile
The unfortunate thing is,I have never been able to understand the layout or how to navigate in scww. I have given the demo a few trys ,so I have.considering its hogwarts we get to explore.but alas,I always end up beeing lost. sad
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2013-06-12 06:56:57

It is pretty easy to get lost; I wound up going with just sidestepping rather than turning, and I think I might have something of an idea of how to get around, but I'm still not 100% sure. It's on my list of games to get the full version of when having more than $2000 at any given time won't destroy me.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-06-12 12:49:47

Hi,
I've gotten more requests to make navigation easier, so in the update I allow you to apparate to all the main rooms of each floor.
This happens once you get the map from the caretaker's office.
When you hit the apparate key you get a list of places to go.
Of course this way of getting around uses magical energy so there is an advantage of walking to each room and using the password menu to get in.
I got Sarah to record all the new words for new things such as the Knight bus and the wand shop in Hogsmeade.
I'm waiting for David to release the update game engine so I can use some of the new features that he added.
Phil

2013-06-13 04:03:39

I'm not sure what you mean by pairing but Harry and Voldemort become connected through various magical rituals and the like throughout. Harry is also sort of Voldemort's friend; he's the only person that Voldemort feels affection for.

2013-06-15 04:46:28

at Phil, that's great!
also, it'd be good if we had something like a complete audio walkthrough of the game.

oh well, I thought I'd stopped reading HP fanfics, but now that I see the tempting plot summeries, it's becoming irrisistable!
smile

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2013-06-15 13:00:23

I'm on the second book in the denarian trilogy right now and its awesome.

The denarian renegade
By the age of seven, Harry Potter hated his home, his relatives and his life. However, an ancient demonic artefact has granted him the powers of a Fallen and now he will let nothing stop him in his quest for power. AU: Slight Xover with Dresden Files
Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: M - English - Supernatural/Action/Adventure - Chapters: 38 - Words: 234,997 - Reviews: 1711 - Updated: 10-26-07 - Published: 4-3-07 - - Harry P. - Complete

The denarian knight
Sequel to The Denarian Renegade: Harry, the new and reluctant Knight of the Cross, finds himself fighting against new enemies as he is dragged into conflict. He will have to use all of his power to overcome new obstacles, some more surprising than others.
Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: M - English - Supernatural/Action/Adventure - Chapters: 34 - Words: 191,276 - Reviews: 1588 - Updated: 6-29-08 - Published: 10-26-07 - - Harry P. - Complete

The denarian lord
Lord Voldemort readies for war while Albus Dumbledore seeks peace- through any means necessary. At the same time, Harry Potter moves to eradicate the Order of Blackened Denarius. In the middle of this is the Winter Lady, whose motives remain unknown...
Harry Potter - Fiction Rated: M - English - Fantasy/Action/Adventure - Chapters: 36 - Words: 245,544 - Reviews: 2096 - Updated: 12-28-09 - Published: 6-30-08 - - Harry P. - Complete

These fics and others can be found at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/524094/Shezza

Other fics that I remember being awesome off the top of my head are the sunset and sunrise over britin duology, and dumbledore's army and its sequel by bobman356

2013-07-07 15:56:57

hai guies, i loved the entries on this topic, i have started reading hp fan fic, so i just wanted to no if the book family bonds will get updated or not?? waiting for the reply thanks.. best regards

j.s