2013-05-30 17:36:57

Greetings,
I have a great news for all Android enthusiasts who are longing for complex and interesting games.
I have discovered a game called Star traders RPG, which is something similar to Smugglers. But it runs on Android and tramtadadá it's almost fully accessible. It has a free version which doesn't limit you by fixed amount of turns but just by amount of interesting things you can find. The full version costs about EUR 2.
I have just sent an email to the developers and I hope that they will respond soon. The game is updated very often.
Almost all elements are accessible except for two things:
the map and the captain screen.
The map is divided into sectors and they are further divided into smaller parts, but the map is not accessible. You have to try and find the desired sector, but it is not easy. I hope this will be fixed early.
But this is not a show stopper, because you can navigate to contract destinations by autopilot.
the captain screen contains unlabeled buttons... Just try and you will figure it out, the last one performs actual space travelling.
I have to scroll down often but maybe this is because my screen size (Sony xperia pro).
I recommend you to turn off the music and to set various notifications to long, because you may miss some of them while Talkback is speaking.
The game seems quite complex, you can fight, trade, explore, work for various factions (this seems to be quite crucial), hide your treasures...  lots of things and all seems to be very accessible.
The game crashed when I tried to start it but nex time I juust hit Continue game and it started up without any problem.
Download it from here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … tartraders

2013-05-31 02:27:58

Hi, I'd sure love that or something like it for iOS. that would be cool.

2013-05-31 09:04:20

Hi Hamster.
What Android device do you have? Do you know if games like this works differently depending on how big the screen is?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-05-31 18:15:51

I don't think so, I have sony Ericson Xperia Pro as I wrote above in the first post.
But if you have bigger screen, you probably won't need to scroll so often.

2013-06-02 20:08:28

Oh, thank you. I didn't read your post carefully enough. Lol.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-06-03 13:33:14

Hi,
at Sean, this game is available for IOS too,although I can't speak for its accessibility. downloading it now,so that might change.:D
Anyway,as soon as I have gotten a chance to try it,I'll let you all know how accessible inaccessible it is.
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2013-06-03 16:12:26

So,I had a play with this app the IOS version of this app,that is. and it is just like the android app,mostly accessible,most everything that is,but the map. Some buttons are labeled incorrectly? and some aren't labeled at all.but they are the ones which you can click on and figure out what they are. The buttons that you need to use for the gameplay are all labeled,at least as far as I have tryed it.
The autopilot is labeled as play,just saying took me a bit of fiddleing around to figure that out. smile
there are certain cases where you could end up with a unplayable game,like I did,due to the map stuff not beeing detected by Voiceover. the autopilot could get you to a contract destination,just fine.but what if that place you ended up at had no contracts at all?grin. I took a deep space mission,and then was stummped on how to get my ship back to a nearby planet.
For me on the IOS app at least,the captain screen is quite accessible,if its the screan where the captains stats are displayed and such.
Over all,this is quite accessible,I was quite amaised,to be honest.
But for 2 things,one the traveling using the map,and the time which passes by as we travel all alone out there.as certain contracts have a time limitation where you must complete that contracts within a few weeks,game time I asume.grin. as most have 21 weeks to 40 weeks.
Perhaps someone else could try and do better?or even mail the developers of this app. I would,but my description skills,suck. to put it lightly. sad
Anyway,I hope who ever plays it has loads of fun,I certainly plan to,once I have started all over again.grin.
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2013-06-08 21:19:20

hello, i have a Problem with ios game. I am on a planet, and all Buttons are dimed, i have no fuil and i dont know how to get to the nearest space dock, or do something. I just can click the britge and all other Buttons are dimed, Can someone help me with that Problem please

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2013-07-04 18:32:52

Hi,
did anyone even try this game?
The developers labeled most of buttons several days ago, so you should try it again!

2013-07-04 19:22:12

i'll get it on my Iphone and mess around when I've got time. 
currently spending most of my game time on king of dragon pass.