2013-05-19 20:08:22

hi i was just wondering if any one was on the zone bbs sight

add me to Skype at audio gamer333

2013-05-19 23:41:36

Hi,
I would recommend you not join the Zone. That place is for those looking for trouble.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-05-20 06:44:19

Hi,
Sure. User 5838. Feel free to PM/PQN/whatever.

"Actually, they're just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children's cardgame."

2013-05-20 13:57:32

I tried that a few times. Aside from the fact aht I have much more easily accessible versions of h alf of their games, I was  truly amazed about some of the quicknotes content I saw.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-05-20 16:56:12

The site is interesting, but I definitely agree that you have to be careful there. I recommend, and in the strongest possible terms, that you turn off Public Quicknotes unless your middle name happens to be drama. The message boards can be interesting but you definitely want to be careful what you post there. A lot of the people on there are pretty nice (I actually met one woman in person that I first talked to on the site, though it involved a nearly three-day Greyhound bus trip each way). There are, however, a relatively small group of people who really make their voices heard and who are more than a little condescending to those people who are perhaps less skilled in certain aspects of daily living than they believe themselves to be. I remember one woman who asked for tips on frosting a cake evenly. There was one girl who at the time went by the username Friendly Philosophical Rachel, who responded by asking why the original poster didn't just frost her cake rather than post about it. She posts similar things in a lot of other topics. There's another girl who lives in the states but considers herself Greek despite having nery a drop of Greek blood in her veins. Pretty much any topic she posts sparks whole new waves of drama simply because se posts these supposed facts but no evidence to back them up. Then when others knock holes in her statements she gets defensive. One particular view she's expressed repeatedly was that the blind or otherwise disabled should be forcibly sterilized if they know there's a good possibility that should they have kids their disability or watever will be passed onto them. So be ready for drama if you decide to really interact with the Zone.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2013-05-20 17:31:00

If the Zone is a home for dramatists and drama variety, why can they not take it down? Why do they occur on the zone than in any other place?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-05-20 17:54:10

because in my view, the zone is poorly moderated. I have seen a lot of nasty threads over there filled with a lot of folks with a lob of time on there hands who want to cause drama.

2013-05-21 08:55:33

Long live drama!
Haven't been much on there, so don't really know much about what's going on, but well...
Just happy we aren't experiencing anything like that here. smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-05-21 13:22:44

I am on the Zone. My username is The Hated One, user ID 14732.

2013-05-21 14:47:12

The only thing I've done on there besides playing was writing an introduction some weeks back... smile
Username on there is AlexN94, just like here, and the ID is... Umm... 9895 or something, might be 9895... Can't really remember, never use it. Lol! big_smile

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-05-21 17:35:56

If the zone is poorly moderated, why do community leaders kick anyone just for making such a small fuss of things?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-05-21 18:46:47

Equally, why would they allow such topics in which people insult one another be allowed. It's a seemingly contradictary place lol.

2013-05-21 21:00:05

Instead of having us talk about how bad the Zone is, why has no one bothered to take action? If we just sit here and talk about it it will not do us much good, will it?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-05-22 13:55:33

Ahem...take action? What, exactly, do you suggest?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-05-22 15:28:51

They are trying to modify their terms of service right now, not sure how well that will work out for them. They are not well moderated, I can say that much. You just have to live with the goons and roll with the punches.

2013-05-22 15:34:53

Yeah, I had a bad experience with the Zone.
And no matter what you say in the terms of service about Drama, it will still happen.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-05-22 15:37:46

If moderation cracks down on incivility, you'll get people crying that they're being oppressed. ... That's an optimistic appraisal.
It'd be easier to close it and start a new one with a different atmosphere.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-05-23 14:16:37

IN reality the zone is irrelevant. As I mentioned, there are other ways to get most of those games in a less annoying format anyway. Factor in the relatively bad community, and there's really not a whoe lot of justification to playing.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-05-23 18:17:57

They actually did have a better community for a while. It was calledBlinknation. Occasionally someone would attempt to start something but the mods would quickly put a stop to it, so it was a place you actually felt welcome. Unfortunately the site was hacked into several years ago and is only partially back online.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2013-05-23 18:38:04

Oh, dear. I never got to experience Blinnk Nation. Shame it was hacked.

2013-05-23 19:12:45 (edited by Kyleman123 2013-05-23 19:13:24)

i signed up for an account like 2 years ago and never even signed in apart from making my acount. lol. between a few threads i read via third party sites, and all the condescending talk about it on here, i'm glad i never used it. lol.  i think something should be done about it too, but don't know what.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2013-05-23 19:37:28

All this still leaves me wondering: "What would happen if we put a group of blind people in the woods and told them to build a civilization?"
... o.o and my mind jumped into munchkin warfare mode before I could type another sentence. This spawned two trains of thought: "Meh, maybe they'd split into two factions and one of them would get violent", and "Someone trying to be stealthy would probably get lost in the woods... really do need a way to call for help in case of emergencies. Which would count as death for purposes of the experiment." Which led to "... so people could murder others by grabbing their phones and sending a distress signal..."

... But that's off topic! big_smile

I remember looking at the ZoneBBS recently, though I don't remember if it was because of this thread or something else. The only flame bait I found right away was someone starting a thread for political debates. Most everything else looked kinda uninteresting. I looked through a couple pages of topics before I went to do something else.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-05-23 20:42:47

That was in 2010, like in Mearly spring. The hacker found the password for the server and the admins configuration pannel. The last message they posted was: "I rule this system", before they started deleting accounts. Raina and the others got together on the phone to discuss what happened. I have been on the zone for a while before I was ticked off for no apparent reasonn, which led to further complications I tried to resolve, but to no avail.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2013-05-23 21:47:26

The zone is the perfect example of how the anonymising effects of the internet turn most people in to raging, hate spewing douchebags. You know that they Would never talk to people like that in real life for feer of having the smack layed down on them with swift and brutal force. It's also a shame that the whole site is publicly viewable because that  orgy of bitter fuckstickery is available to everyone worldwide. I dread to think what opinions have been formed  from viewing that site alone

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2013-05-24 01:18:31

I am user 57 on the zone.  It used to be kind of cool. Then drama happened.  All the good people moved on to Klango.  Then drama happened on Klango.  All the good people moved on to Twitter.  Now drama is happening on Twitter. *shrug* You just have to keep up with the worthwhile communities.  The teamtalk server they run is worthwhile sometimes.