2007-01-03 23:57:05 (edited by Engrishman 2007-01-05 02:31:02)

Hello everyone.
I am very sorry to not be active on this wonderful forum. I am a little shy and my english is still far to be clean. More than one year ago, I had asked about your favorite audiogames, to discover them in a more easy way.
Since, I had just finished shade of doom and I really like it, the last boss is hard. But I am still far to be a good audiogamer : need more practice.
If I write this post now, it is to tell about a game I write for the donation coder accessibility game contest 2006.
The name of the game is the audio multi-players one-key mosquito eater. Let's call it tampokme, it will be easier.
here is a link to the donation coder forum where I talk shortly about the game :
http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/ … 55.new#new
and here is another link to download the game :
(EDIT for zip version) http://www.donationcoder.com/Contests/a … mpokme.zip
it is a free game. Please, just tell me about your feeling about this game.
Thank you and happy new year.

2007-01-04 01:53:00 (edited by cx2 2007-01-04 01:54:47)

Might I make a suggestion? Simply calling it the "mosquito eater" might be easier and more memorable.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-01-04 02:50:44

The mosquito eater ? ok. the game is already submited as tampokme, but I agree, mosquito eater is a more nice nickname.

2007-01-04 23:42:10

I downloaded and tried the game. I liked the fact that is in two languages French and English. As i can't speak French i tried the English version of it. I found it very difficult to understand what it was saying. This is because of two reasons. The speed of the voice was too fast and the voice wasn't natural but it was a high pitched one simmilar to Chipmunks. English is not my first language so that was another reason why i couldn't understant it well.
I also found the French voice too fast but at least the pitch was normal there.
What age group is your game aiming? It seams to me as it is for very young children or for people with disabilities as it seams to use only one key the space bar to play.
But i would say it is a good start in audio game production.
Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2007-01-04 23:51:15

Uhm... I'll assume you don't mean anything by saying "people with disabilities", either that or you mean learning difficulties. Technically blindness is a disability you know?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-01-04 23:54:44

Sorry i didn't make it very clear. I ment people with more serious disabilities than blindness such as learning or moving difficulties so they wouldn't be able to use difficult key combinations. As this game seams to use only the space bar that's why i was asking.
Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2007-01-05 01:11:41

yes, this game is also made to be accessible for people with moving difficulties.
I am sorry that instructions are difficult to understand. I am not targeting any specific age group, but I think the game is more easy for the youngster because the game needs quick reactions and fast recognition skills.
The game can be played with one to four players in a cooperative way, because the more you are and the more you can progress, but also in a competitive way because after few mosquito attack waves, the game proposes a scoring.
If you get bored with the tutorial, you can skip it by pressing the key many times in the very beginning of the game, just after the credits. The sounds of mosquitoes change, if you skip the tutorial, but the first mosquitoes are always in the following order : normal, normal, normal, normal, toxic, toxic, super, super. in this way, you can have fast action quickly.

If you want additional translations for the game in antother language, and if you can record voices, tell me and we could implement it in the game.

2007-01-05 02:30:23

a new link for downloading the game in zip format.
http://www.donationcoder.com/Contests/a … mpokme.zip
Thank to the donation coder manager to host the game on his server.