2013-05-03 04:34:00

Hello everyone,

It is a bit silly to come on just to post this, but I'm dying to find the chiptunes used in the adventure at C: game. I'm hoping that its author is going to read this, as I don't want to try and reverse engineer it (which also seems impossible). Anyone have ideas?

Regards:

tomi

2013-05-03 05:24:11

I can just see it now. A new CD comes out... "The Adventure at C: Soundtrack!" Seriously, I'm surprised devs haven't released at least digital soundtrack albums of the music they used in their games. I think that'd be cool.

2013-05-03 05:45:35

well, the game has a really weird incripted method. Not even 7-zip extracts it. Oh, and I'm a bit paranoid that I don't know where it stores things such as save files. And the fact that it uses 150 megabytes  of ram shows that it does not extract its resources.
sad

Regards:

tomi

2013-05-03 05:56:13

I can solve part of the mystery here. The game is written in BGT. The Pro versions of BGT allow developers to create so-called "pack files" containing sound files and other data. Furthermore, BGT allows a single pack file to be bundled into the executable. So that's why the program's so big. I have no idea if there's any way to extract a pack file from an exe. Even if there were, it's very likely the developer used BGT's built-in encryption functions to secure the sounds.

2013-05-03 07:57:31

Hi.
The big question is: Is the developer even allowed to release the sound tracks as a download? I think there is a reason for he have incrypted the files. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-05-03 08:29:17

I thought of this as well. However, considering that it is a free game, I would think that there's a good reason for that as well. If they were generated tracks by him or a third-party company, I'm not sure if the luxury of a free game as decent as that one would exist. I  could of course be wrong at any time, though.

Regards:

tomi

2013-05-03 09:10:09

I think the music was downloaded from a website that no longer exists, and it is licensed under Creative Commons.

2013-05-03 12:33:49

Hi,
That is correct. I checked out the site in question, or rather, information on it, because it really doesn't exist anymore. It sort of just jumped ship so to speak, and the guys never got it back. It also seemed to have some sort of drama eventually and got monetised or something when it wasn't ment to be, long time and faithful users got banned for not liking the new methods and such. It was always ment to be a community site but the guy took it too far, from what I can gather, unfortunately, and thus, it's downfall was inevitable.

2013-05-04 08:15:20

Sad...
I absolutely love those chips. I am a huge chip fan, well at least the quality chips. These certainly make the cut.
In fact in some of the levels, I have looked for quiet places without any enemies in the immediate vicinity just so I can turn the music up without fear of death, and listen to see what it does. I really can't keep it on too long before I get overstimulated and end up resuming gameplay LOL.
While I'd be eagre to grab the music if it was available, I highly doubt it will be.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2013-05-04 14:54:09

on the subject of the music, anyone else just love to sit in the music level and listen to that one? my favorite track in the whole game

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2013-05-04 21:27:13

Dude, you're so lucky.  Platforming's always a hit or miss for me, and all keyboards are different, so I don't think one can guage it via how many taps of the arrows.

I'm at Latitude E6530, and Longitude S100-1525.

2013-05-04 22:13:05

Though I do think my keyboard does have something to do with it though.  I just discovered it; there are times when I've almost cleared all of the platforms in my Pictures, and then since there are those two really close together, I end up overshooting the last one by like one square.  Or I'll land on it, but I'll land too close to the edge that I just fall anyway.

2013-05-05 03:31:02

hi,
helpful hint! If you find yourself overshooting the platforms by a square, try to land a square back from your target.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2013-05-05 20:00:29

I'm going to try to do that!  Thanks.  I made it to the boss once, or twice, and I know how to tame him so that he doesn't run, but my laser ran out at that time, and there's no beating him with a knife LOL.

2013-05-06 23:21:48 (edited by tomi 2013-05-06 23:23:24)

Hello everybody,

I hope this is not grounds for expultion!
However since it is said that the music files in this game are creative commons, and since they were un-encrypted (as far as the .ogg files anyway), I am posting it here. I will not credit myself for the extraction, one of my friends helped me with it. (no, I will not be extracting music from other games).
Download the file here. It's .7z, so use 7-zip to uncompress:
Also, to the maker of the game, please don't hate me... I hope that in the future you will consider releasing this yourself. You know, open source is much better than closed source, and even shared source is better than a closed one. Just a thought for you.

http://eurpod.com/music.7z

Regards:

tomi

2013-05-06 23:48:54

Interestingly though its not caught on here at all except in the games where soundtracks  are released or avalible on the game disk or come with the game well its never caught on.
Ofcause if you are in japan game sound tracks aparently are coman place, you ask or your favorite artest you can ask for your favorite game music to.
I like the sfx in the game myself to.
I collect chips so yeah thanks I guess.

2013-05-07 00:10:57

I just took them.  Thanks for this! I'm still curious how it was done like I said.

2013-05-07 01:43:20

wow, how did you get these?

2013-05-07 02:50:23

I'd love to see a guitar/synth metal arrangement of the final boss. But that's just the crazy wacky side of me. So ra. Nice work.

2013-05-07 06:31:32

I'd love a guitar base and drum version of the music folder music and the first form boss music

2013-05-07 10:44:02

To tomi: I tried to send you an Email using the Email link, but your address isn't valid any more, so I don't know if I could PM you either. Just thought you should know.

I, too, am curious as to how you did it.

2013-05-07 13:37:29

One approach would be that he used a bruut force attack.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2013-05-07 13:47:01

That explanation reall explains noting.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-05-07 16:44:57

hi guys,

I couldn't say. My friend is the one who got the files out, not myself. I do know that it's not just a standard archive though.

Regards:

tomi

2013-05-07 19:46:44

I would not be surprised if I decided on a whim to download the music onto my iPhone LOL.