2013-04-30 00:08:36 (edited by aaron 2013-04-30 00:09:25)

Hi,
I can't believe no one reported this earlier, but I checked the draconis website today, and sure enough, the windows version of change reaction 2 is out.
I've purchased the game, but here's a heads up: for those wanting to try before you buy, there is no demo for this version, however the game costs around £6 in the uk, maybe euro 7, which is $9.99
The order was instantaneous though, I literally purchased, paid with paypal, and got my key in seconds, entered the info, and the game then activated itself and a success dialog came up.
There is also a bug that can't really be fixed on Draconis's part with the acapella sapi voices. You can't jump around in the in-game manual when using them, so you'll have to switch voices. It strikes me as odd that they didn't implement screen reader support.
Apart from that though, this is money well spent (no pun intended), and it's a very fun little game.

2013-04-30 04:37:42

Moderation!

Technically, I'd count this as a new release since it's a new version of the game hence why it's being moved.

I'd recommend anyone listen to the podcast and demo, particularly since this game has extremely good audio.

I do confess I decided against buying it myself at least for the moment since the concept just didn't appeal to me wen I heard the podcast, but I'd urge anyone to give this game a fair hearing especially considdering the highly reasonable price.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-30 08:34:48

Hi.
I saw it on Twitter yesterday, but didn't had the time to post the news here on the forum. smile
I have the game for Mac, and I'll say it's worth it. The minigames are pretty cool, and I laughed so much when listening to the background sounds and comments from people that I totally lost my game! smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-04-30 17:24:59

Hi,
There's a podcast on the game? where can that be found?
And also, @dark: Yep, I suddenly realsied my mistake when I posted, and thought oops I wanted to go to new releases not general game discussion, but then it was too late. Thanks for moving it, and next time I'll remember.

2013-04-30 22:09:49

@Aaron, don't worry.

As to the podcast, links can be found on the news entry I posted and on the now updated change reaction page in the db.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)