2013-04-16 14:28:12

Yes,it's time for an escape---- hopefully not from those cyber elves---- but a dungeon escape, in this new glulx rpg, entitled Dungeon Text I, escape from darkness. This one is much different from, say, Kirkerkruip, because it plays more like a MUD. You actually have the choice to use weapons, or magic, and the stat system is quite advanced, allowing you to distribute your stats as you wish, rather then forcing you to deal with what the game sees fit. At the moment, this game is stuck in the unprocessed directory of the if archive.Now, someone needs to torcher them no-good cyber elves!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2013-04-16 16:57:53

Hi,
Could you please post direct links in your messages for these games, as to be honest, they can be tricky to find sometimes, you're wading through stuff trying to find the thing you want, especially where the ifarchive is concerned.

2013-04-16 17:04:36

Oops, forgot the link. It looks like the game was moved, so here's the link. http://www.ifarchive.org/if-archive/gam … ess.gblorb

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2013-04-16 17:28:18 (edited by aaron 2013-04-16 17:29:18)

Hi,
I've tried the game, and it really is rather nice! Although, I think the guy should add an exits command, unless of course the dungeon isn't random, in which case you could probably just learn the layout. Yet, I still think it'd be rather useful.

2013-04-18 13:57:33

I agree.

2013-04-19 05:51:41

uh, i haven't played IF's in a while can someone please give me a link to download an interrpretur that works well with NVDA and supports all the different types of text adventures?

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2013-04-19 12:44:41

http://ifarchive.org/if-archive/program … Glulxe.zip

2013-04-19 13:15:35

Speaking of interpreters, anyone who knows where I can find one that's accessible and can handle the newest versions of the quest games from textadventures.co.uk?

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-04-19 18:01:21

Sadly alex, quest sort of died a bit. Version 4 was quite accessible, but then version 5 got a completely buggered interface. If you actually want to play the quest games, I'd really advise you use the online version, since the interpreter has had a very silly interface for the last few versions (the author did say he'd look at  fixing it a few years ago).

As to this dungeon game, I'll have a look when i can, since it might be a really good thing if the author intends more. I do need to install winglulx on this laptop, since I've not done yet but that isn't a problem.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-24 15:10:51

Dark, you should try it. It's a great game.