2013-04-12 06:52:04

This one's awesome. Weird name, but it's awesome. You catch, train and battle over 100 monsters and complete quests and unlock tasks, which are basically achievements. Here's the entry on applevis which explanes everything. http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/haypi-monster
Enjoy and happy fighting!

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2013-04-12 17:36:21

hello but how to add  a monster  to your team in the Tutorial please?

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2013-04-12 18:28:33 (edited by grryfindore 2013-04-12 18:29:15)

Hi,
AT stirlock, thanks bud for pointing the game out.
whilst I do check applevis now and again,I would have missed it if it wasn't for this topic.
I have downloaded it,and passed the tutorial with the help of some sighted friends at the point where I had to choose and add them buggers,now my question is,where should I go to explore various maps,if it even has them?and battle random monsters
A pokemon game would be fun for IOS,though....
grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2013-04-12 20:21:54

You have to start in the jungle. Best in the world, you can do it but it just takes a while. Just turn voice over off, and keep hitting that button and around it until it finally advances. Worked for both me and bladestorm360.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2013-04-12 23:22:24

thanks it works and it's a really a nice game

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2013-04-13 08:40:47

Perhaps it might be worth talking to the developers of this game about fixing that tutorial issue and some of the other problems bladestorm mentioned in the applevis entry concerning combat, since from the sound of it this game is %90 accessible, and is also fantastic.

it'd be great to get a full story driven game with all the features this one has accessible, indeed I'd love to see a fully playable pokemon style game, puppet nightmares is good but there's certainly more that could be done especially on a device with as many community features as the iphone.

I will certainly try this game when I can myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-13 09:14:34

Hey guys. I just sent a recommendationto the braille institute, so they could add it to via.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2013-04-13 11:58:51

Hi.
I do likethis game,but there is a little problem. I can't remember my username and there doesn't seem to be a way of geting it sent to my email.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-04-14 20:55:07

Hi.
I have just tried the game, and I don't know what I have messed up, but I haven't made an account but I'm stilll able to play.
I'm now stuck where I have to equip items. I'm dubble tabbing on an item I wanna equip, but I can't choose what monster should equip the item, so I can't continue.
I find this game pretty cool, but also pretty confusing. It seems as Voiceover won't read lots of things on the screen, and flicking or dragging the finger around the screen doesn't work for me. Does someone know what that "warehouse x button" means? Seems like it means continue, but I'm not sure.
Are there any settings in the game? I don't see any choice to return to a game menu while playing.
I'll say the battles are cool though. Like bladestorm says, you can touch the screen right after a sound has played, swipe left works for me, and Voiceover reads what happened.
Rearranging the monsters, well, that worked for me in the tutorial because that kind of happened automatically, but i don't know if it's accessible later in the game.
I still have the feeling that I don't know what I'm doing in this game. It feels like choosing random text, and click to see what happens. smile
It's totally amazing that the game is that much accessible. I just think I have to get used to it. If someone have any suggestions on what I can do to continue from this item equip screen, it'll be highly apriciated.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-04-15 08:51:34 (edited by SLJ 2013-04-15 09:06:59)

Hi again.
So, right before I went to bed yesterday, I got a notification telling me that I could train my monsters again. So I did that while lying in my bed, which is the epic thing when it comes to gaming on an handhold IOS device! smile
Well, I played for a few minutes, and then I got stuck again. I got a unlabeled button, and nothing happened when clicking this button. The game made the small click sound as well, so it wasn't crashed. I turned Voiceover off, and clicked the button like crazy, but nothing happened.
I think the game just sits there like this when you runs out of turns. The annoying thing is that Voiceover won't read anything on the screen, and it won't tell you that you're out of turns.
Just something to have in mind if you're experiencing the same weirdness. smile
Edit:
I've just quickly launched the game at my job to see if anything had changed. I got a daily revord which was nice, I skipped some news and then I got stuck exactly where I was yesterday.
Yesterday I tried to equip something, and then I got stuck. I was able to continue doing that before I fell a sleep yesterday, and now, stuck again right after I got the message, that I've successfully equipped the item.
I'll give the game an other try later today, but I'm also waiting to hear if you are experiencing the same thing. The music didn't played yesterday before I fell a sleep and now it won't play as well. I have tried to close the app from the app switcher, but that didn't made any difference.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2013-04-15 18:43:01

Game looks great, but it takes me longer to figure out what is going on on the screen and what not, causing me to get annoyed with the interface lol.

I'll have to keep getting at it until I figure it out, because it does look neat.

2013-04-20 05:29:18

One thing that I came across that is difficult is dragging a monster to another part of the screen.  You will need sited assistance to accomplish this.

Once you get past the tutorial, you will be presented with a bunch of options.  I'm still working through this and hopefully will figure this out.

Best Regards,

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2013-04-20 08:25:18

Hi, I agree with the point that it's hard to figure out what's happening on the game screen. Plus, most of the buttons are wierdly labelled. I am having a hard time knowing what it does until I tried each of them. And as far as I know, there are no sound effect when a monster evolve and I only know which monster has evolved when its name changes.

@SLJ, After some observation, I found out that the button labelled "warehouse X" is actually the back button to go to previous screen. When clicked while running a map, it will quit the current mission.

I really appreciate if anyone can provide the label of each button and what they actually does.
I personally thinks this game is cool if I can familiarize with its control and operation.
Thanks for reading!

2013-04-20 15:03:28

Oh, thanks for your answer. Maybe it makes sence why I'm getting stuck each time if I keep hitting the back button. Lol.

Best regards SLJ.

2013-04-29 18:06:09

hi i am stuck as well about adding a new monster to my team i keep tapping round that button and nothing appens

2013-04-29 19:44:06

Hmmm,

Well, the more I play it, the more and more inaccessible it is.

Buttons are not definitively labeled, and it's becoming too much of trial and error to actually figure out what each button does.  Typically there is a confirmation dialogue presented to you so once you click an action, it doesn't automatically happen.  Those are the functions of buttons I love, so in case of tapping the wrong button, you can fix your mistake.  However, the engine runs very slowly with Voice Over, and quite frankly, I don't have the time or patience to sit there for 5 minutes trying to confirm I want to use a white jelly bean on my monster Twiggy.

I think when whoever found the game declared it accessible at the time did declare it, they jumped the gun just a bit.  The tutorial, indeed, is accessible.  You just follow instructions, but once you're on your own, it's challenging, especially if you have no clue what these millions of buttons do.

So, that's my whole perspective of it.  It's not clearly accessible beyond the end of the tutorial.

Anyone else, feel free to give some advice as to navigate this beast of a game.

Best Regards,

Luke

2013-04-29 21:50:31

Hi.
I totally agree. I have given up on this game. sad

Best regards SLJ.

2013-04-29 22:50:51

i do think the developers need to be informed to make it more accessible with voice over i am stuck on the part where twiggy is equipped with an item and it won't let me make him one of my active monsters.  i do hope they update it soon

2013-04-30 08:50:03

Ultragamer: So why haven't yu explained how to deal with our issues yet? I'm still stuck, and I'm getting just one unlabeled button, and nothing happens when clicking this button, and turning off Voiceover and click the button won't help either!
So, what do I do?

Best regards SLJ.

2013-04-30 16:36:22

I've not tried this one yet myself, however I suggest people look at the "accessibility" comments on the db guidelines. Right now it sounds as if this game is playable but not accessible since not all info is available to the player, but that it could very much be made that way with a little in put from the devs.

has anyone actually contacted them and discussed this?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-30 21:33:03

Ultragamer:

I'm baffled beyond words as to how you managed to drag the monster with Voice Over.  Even if you did manage to drag it, how did you know where to put it?  As far as I'm concerned, that required sighted assistance.

As for the overall aspect of the game, I think perhaps it could be playable, but I'm not very thrilled about the lag of voice over when flicking left and right.  I hate dragging my finger around aimlessly to figure out where buttons are located.  Of course, if I familiarize myself with the layout of the screens, then yes, it would be easier, but even then, it still goes a bit slower than a normal pace.

I think the issue of unlabeled buttons is still enough to throw some of us for a loop, and it's just become very difficult to know what buttons are responsible for what action.

Best Regards,

Luke

2013-05-04 22:27:38

Thanks bladestorm, I intend to give this game a try this week so that's good information to know, though I do wonder if perhaps they could add some methods for making certain screens slightly easier to navigate (especially with a time limit), as happened in Kodp, ---- indeed since it sounds as though some of the interface issues are similar maybe it would be worth asking asharp for recommendations? I'm thinking hear particularly of the battle log and events in battle, since even one version of kodp ago comments from your advisers or their stats weren't read correctly and as you said you'd have to wander about the screen looking for the correct bubble, but now the comments are read instantly (I wonder if the text is internally passed to vo). Maybe something like that could help with logs for battles etc to tell you what is going on.

If the developers want to discuss access on this forum they are of course welcome.

2013-05-05 04:10:20

Ah, less good, it's always a shame when people hide behind burocracy, ---- sometimes I want to track down that bunker in Japan where all the Nintendo developers hang out and drive in there with a tank! maybe then they'd take access suggestions seriously :d.

If nothing comes in 1.3 I can always try a more formal request directly from audiogames.net since that can occasionally help those sorts of situations and the fact they got back to you at all is encouraging (I was very disappointed with Storm8 for this, ---- even aside from their games being grind fests).

2013-05-07 07:31:09

Well keep us posted on that.

As regards storm8, it was actually the settings menue that I was requesting the change for, since in those games I played, namely vampire and zombi, I couldn't find the thing at all, but they ignored my message entirely, which is very irritating when all your asking them to do is one bloody lable.

As to the tank, well I'd have to make sure there were enough guns for everybody, ---- and enough amo! big_smile.

2013-05-26 22:31:00

Glad the games getting interesting though I confess i've not got around to trying it myself yet mostly due to doing a bunch of other things such as applying to music school, testing other games and reading game of thrones. Doh on the access front however. A shame they couldn't fix the screens to either be easier with vo, or (in the case of breeding), to actually work, perhaps giving them another poke might be in order, especially if somebody agreed to look at this previously.