2013-04-10 21:25:10

Hi, I am creating this thread so that people can post there Audio Game Reviews. Written or Audio is fine but I prefer Audio because it is easier to get and I can understand the game a lot more.

:d  I've lost my head again. :o:o:o

2013-04-11 01:44:20

I'm pretty sure this goes in general game discussion.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2013-04-11 04:18:06

yes, and you don't need to post a specific recordings topic.  that would just get way to confusing. people just create topics for there specific recordings.  that makes it just so much easier. and less cluttered.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2013-04-11 04:35:00

yes, this should go to general game discussions.
but a topic like this, in my view is good, since if people post a link to their review in here, somebody looking for it can find it easily without scearching the whole forrem.
also, new gamers and such can hear/refer to many reviews just by coming here.

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2013-04-11 09:18:16

Moderation!

yes indeed this topic isn't about new releases so it  belongs in general game discussion.

As to usefulness, I'll leave that to members. If people want to post their reviews here fare enough, if not, again fair enough.

i will say though, most reviews I am trying to put on db pages for the correct games, assuming that they have propper and perminant hosting and are not just stuck in any old place. , see swamp, the nightjar, entombed, and various others. I would therefore appreciate myself if people could be A, clear about audio reviews, and b, provide propper hosting.

Also remember, an audio review is not a playthru or a demo. unless there is your voice commentating upon the game along with the game's audio recordedit's not a review.

i make this point since I've seen some topics where people mention recording a review but not including their own voice.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-11 13:23:17

I've made a topic for my reviews, and since I'm adding more regularly, I won't post them all in this topic. I will just post a link to the topic itself, when I find it. They all have me talking over them, and as far as I know the hosting is permanent. There's a slight chance I might have to take it down because of stupid issues that the service has, but for now I am patiently dealing with those.
I'll edit this post with the link when I get it. It shouldn't take too terribly long.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2013-04-11 14:15:41

Is there a decent audio-hosting site comparable to Youtube? I know there's soundclick, but I seem to remember not being particularly impressed.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-04-11 14:32:12

You may want to try:
http://www.houndbite.com/

2013-04-11 16:33:29

Awesome times 2! But you'll need one of those capcha workarounds to get an account...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-04-11 19:02:34

Bah, captures be evil, indeed there's a recent discussion on the point on the audeasy list.

I don't actually mind sticking links to file hosting sites in the db for audio reviews, so long as people will guarantee that the links will stay that way. i've seen too many people bang something on dropbox, then within a weak the link doesn't work or it goes over bandwidth or whatever, indeed I've even noticed people sticking setup files for games temporarily on dropbox even when the dev's site is still up and running. While there's nothing wrong with this as long as the games aren't hacks, it does seme a bit of a sillyprocess to me to upload something when you could just direct someone to the correct site. 

so, no problem with people using dropbox or some other file sharing service for eviews, so long! as they can guarantee the reviews will be there perminantly, indeed I use sendspace myself for this purpose.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-24 00:08:53

First, I want to appoligize for the accusation in which I have made as I have been wrong. Second, Dropbox is an absolute messt And I don't think it should be used as a place in which you can download game oeviews. Also, Video games are OK. Ain't a hippie and  Loue video dames! "I am the hope of the universe, I am a super-sayne!"

:d  I've lost my head again. :o:o:o