2013-04-10 09:47:45 (edited by paddy 2013-04-10 11:32:57)

Hello everyone!
No, I'm not talking about any remakes of somethinelse's game on the UK-Store.
In fact, I was calling Somethinelse, talking about the Nightjar. And they said, that the Nightjar will be on sale in the international stores on April 23rd! big_smile
So if anyone don't have an apple ID for the UK-Store but you want to get The Nightjar, don't create yourself a UK Apple ID, it's less stressful waiting till April 23rd, when it'll become available for all of us in the international Appstores.

Happy gaming!

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2013-04-10 14:23:49

Hi.
Thanks for the release date. I have the game from a UK account though, but I'll consider re-download the game from my primery account.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-04-10 14:44:37

that's so cool I can't wait!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2013-04-10 17:13:36

I hope I will also get an I phone, but is the nightjar will be avalable in indonesian apple app store?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2013-04-10 20:48:34

Of corse. as mentioned, it'll become available in the international stores, and international means actually in all stores, so you'll be able to get it.

Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2013-04-10 22:57:59

Well great news  I do already have the game though so no sense in downloading again, plus any updates will be free from the update menu in the appstore. Wonder why the heck it took them so long to put it in all stores?
lol
Anyway, great news!

2013-04-11 03:01:32

It is my (personal) oppinion that apple should just say "all apps in all stores". App devs should not have a choice as to what stores they should put it in; after all, the more stores the more markets.  I mean, does the $.99 from someone in the U.S. any different from the $.99 (or equivalent) spent by someone in, say, for example, South Africa? Not really; money is money after all.  Apple could make their system so much easier to use if they permitted apps (and iTunes content and iBooks) to be available, regardless from what store.  Make it all one store, just with varying currencies depending on country, but have the same content... Anyway, just my little rant on the subject while we are talking about it.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2013-04-11 04:53:30

Hi,
Jack,the game nightjar was made for a chueing gum company the reasons for which I can not put in words at the moment. big_smile,and as the company is based in UK hence its availability only in the UK store.
harrylst, I couldn't agree more, but as for IBooks there could be copywrite issues in various countries,considering not every country has the same copywrite laws. the same gos for music and such,and certain apps are illegal in a few countrys.
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2013-04-11 09:25:55

Unfortunately grryf is right, it's the blasted copywrite monster again, aka, big fat publishers wanting to sucker in all the cash they can even if this means people in one country don't get something or have to pay more (as is the case with Uk book publications, especially audio books).

It's scummy and wrong, but unfortunately since apple have a very closed in system they allow this exploitation by the big businesses of everybody's interest,since after all who's getting the richest from all these publishers paying apple to publish on their platform?

this is why I am very unlikely to buy any books or music from itunes, since I don't want what I get or what I do controlled by apple. it's a shame really since in so many other respects the ios is a great system.

Okay, I'll put my marxism away now big_smile.

I am actually looking forward to the new release myself, since even though I have the game, comparing the sound quality it has to the newly improved quality in papasangre there is a massive difference. It's much harder in the nightjar for example I found to hear the difference betwene something behind you and something in front, and the audio positioning can be a trifle chopy.

Not a bad thing, especially for a free game, but still I'll look forward to experiencing the full thing when it gets updated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-11 11:40:56

Well I sometimes buy stuff like spoken contents in ITunes, because it's cheaper sometimes.
When I seek for something in a - lets say department store - it usually costs about 6,99 up to 7-8,99€. When I search for it in ITunes, it costs about 6,99€. Let's say I want to buy something which I usually get for 7,99, I get it at Itunes for 6,99€ and so on, and so on.

But that's actually off topic. lol
I really would like to see the nightjar, because I haven't got the game myself.

2013-04-11 14:41:51

@Harylst: Another problem is that some apps can only be used in a particular country.
Let's consider the IP address apps. Say all the App Stores combined into Grand Store. You have an Indonesian app that looks interesting, but what? The app requires an Indonesian IP. Whatever shall we do? Well, we could cheat the system: get an Indodesian IP and learn Indonesian to use the app.
Just an example.

2013-04-11 15:51:03

Nothing wrong with getting an indonesian IP to use the app. If you want (for some bizarre unfathomable reason) to use an app not designed for your country, then go for it. It's so easy to get out of country IPs these days.

Feel free to add me.

2013-04-11 19:22:13

Well Harielst, what can we do if we want something from another country? ---- mmmm, maybe just buy it directly from the developer as we have done across the internet for years. Accept that woops, apple doesn't get it's commition if we do that.

As regards itunes, it is more that I might well, mmm, maybe want to use a device that is not! my iphone to listen to music or audio books, or maybe put them on a memory stick and share them with friends, or perhaps might want to copy them to cd and play on my sterrio. This is why i'm not

The same goes for computer programs. i like winamp because I have sat down and worked out an equalizer settings profile that best sutes my logitech speakers, not to mention use plugins for other fun stuff. i don't particularly want! something that is only playable in itunes, indeed I will try itunes out for sincing some of my existing stuff to put on my iphone, but if it proves too much of a pain in the rear then I'll probably just buy myself an mp3 player instead.

As regards the nightjar though, I'm really glad somethinelse are! doing an international release precisely for the reasons of freedom i mention since it's only fair that everyone gets to try the game, as a really good game it is, it rather reminded me of event horizon in it's plot and setting, and I loved the aliens! big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-04-12 09:50:47

Yes, that's great. I never thought they would ever! release that game to the international store.
So I called them up with my Iphone, asking how I could get it legally.
Unfortunately, no one of thr nightjar team picked up so I sent an e-mail to somethinelse so they could store it, and got a Mail from the head of somethinelse, telling me that the game will be released on april 23rd to the international stores.

In fact, this is just great!

Regarding Itunes,
I heard of many apps which you can only use in the USA if you don't wanna to break the law of your country.
There is, for example, a homepage where you can listen to high quality music plus an app for it.
This app is only in America's appstore available because! you mustn't use it in Germany.

2013-04-23 14:38:34

Hi,
I typed in the nightjar Into the iTunes App Store and got nothing. I then went to the something else developer page, and didn't see it. Does that mean that it's not coming out after all? As I write it, it is officially 23 April. Thank you very much.

Feel free to add me.

2013-04-23 14:53:36

I just spoke with the something else team over the phone. The international release was delayed by two days, to coincide with an Apple promotional period.

Feel free to add me.

2013-04-23 16:48:07

Cool. I'll be downloading it in two days then. thanks

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2013-04-24 15:24:35

Looks like I'll pick it up tomorrow.

2013-04-24 23:24:36

Dark, the part you're missing is that the funds given to somethin else were given under the condition that the app would be free, and only sold in the U.K. app store. There are several good legal reasons why the app wasn't available, and it still costs $5 in the other app stores. This is totally reasonable to me; the company had the choice to make the app only available in the U.K. store for a while or to not write it at all. Why not accept the funding?
I do agree with you about music; I don't buy my music from iTunes to make sure that I will always have it with me. Usually, I just don't get any music, but I do buy and scan CDS for my music.

2013-04-25 09:59:45

hi guys. i'll have to check this one out! if i can get an itunes card to put some cash on my account soon. got to wait till i can go out to a shop to grab one.
dark, you don't need to use itunes to play music and such downloaded from apple. only movies and tv programs you would have to. but music and such, you can put on disks, flash drives, or other players. what ever you want. you can convert them to another form, if your player won't play them. but winamp shouldn't have a problem.
just points your winamp at the folder with them in, usually users\username\my music\itunes, or something similar, unless you've changed it. and it should play them just fine.

2013-04-26 13:46:26 (edited by Phil 2013-04-26 13:56:41)

The Nightjar, Version 1.2 is in the international app stores.
You've been stranded on a dying spacecraft, spiralling into
a black hole . and then your problems really start. "The Nightjar" is an
incredible 'video game with no video,' featuring the voice of Benedict
Cumberbatch.

You'll have to see with your ears, using only sound to survive all that deep
space has to throw at you
The Nightjar" has world-beating sound design and incredible 3D audio
technology. From the moment the crew of the Nightjar run for their lives
(leaving you behind in a malfunctioning airlock), you'll find yourself
immersed in one of the most realistic game worlds ever created.

Requires headphones

Rated 12+ for the following:

Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5,
iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th
generation)
and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.

$4.99
Released: Apr 24, 2013
Size: 46.5 MB
Language: English
Seller: Somethin' Else.
If not in the UK or US  replace the gb or us country codes with your own country code in the following links:
UK Store:
£2.99
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-nig … 98741?mt=8

US store:
$4.99
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-nig … 98741?mt=8

2013-04-29 09:35:18

Hi, I cannot start the game. It puts me as usual in the landscape, but after a few seconds ti returns me to the home screen.

2013-04-29 09:36:08

hi good looking your site nice posting i read it i enjoy this blog.

Cancer Diagnosis

2013-04-29 10:16:40

Well i have the same problem, also with papa sangre after updating.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759