2013-03-04 09:44:42 (edited by SLJ 2013-03-04 09:48:18)

Hi.
I'll write what to do at the end of my post.
This game is getting more and more interesting. I've just finnished the catalyst puzzle, and I can't wait to see what's next. I like the story and love the puzzles, and find those pretty difficult to do, and other puzzles pretty easy. I like the mix.
I find some of those words pretty difficult to understand, but I understand the meaning of what you have to do. smile am I the only one who find some of those words complex? Well, I think I have to use Google translate some more, or generelly practice my english, lol.
Avidgamer:
SPOILER
You have to place the copy of the notes on something which I have no idea about what is, but it starts with the letter b. then you can use the copy of the notes while lying on the object, and you have to use it with the candle to start the fire.
Let me know if you need more help.
I'm sorry for my bad explanation.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-03-05 00:19:02

Hi again,
Some of the English dialogue, especally intricate history stuff is a bit difficult because I am neither a native English speaker nor a catholic but i get most of it.
Well I also have the game by now but am thoroughly stumped. This forum seems  o contain people thatare already further along. I really like thestory and the main character and generally being an impatient person i want to move along.
I poisoned the guard, subdued the librarian, talked to monks and stablehand, solved te cataclyst but now i need to open that trap door so i can dump and hide the body.
I know i need to collect pieces of metal and combine them (it worked BEFORE with help hrom god but not anymore) so how do I go about doing this? I tought i wouldhave to use the pocket knife with some other items but i am thoroughly stumped and totally stuck since there is nothing else I can do at thispoint.
Any help would be appreciated.
Greetings, Anouk,

2013-03-05 00:29:44

Really, this game is so bugged. On PC you can't use items on location's objects because if you click use on specific item, and try to choose an object from the locaton, game is not telling you anything, It's like moving along the objects without any spoken information, so disgusting and frustrating. Divine help is also destroying the whole game and it's atmosphere, it's adventure game, and it must be difficult. Shift key is assignet to bring help, and shift plus tab is previous element, which sadly gives you divine help, what a bad.
Why puzzles are automatically solving many times when you need move something, turn or push. Probably these puzzles are heavy graphic, but everything coudl be done. t's also destroying real adventuring and puzzling.
Really, too high price with tons and tons of bugs.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2013-03-05 10:27:14

anouk: I don't fully remember how to do this, but in the kitchen, the room with the trapped door, you have to pay atention what's happening when you try to take objects. Sometimes it sounds like you take the object, but you're moving it instead which shows you a hitten object.
That puzzle happened so fast to me so I got confused, because the game automatically used lots of objects, so I don't remember what started the whole thing. But see if you can move any objects or find any hitten objects.

I have now kind of completed the main storry, but not completed anything, because my completion is only at 82 procent. I do agree that the game is extremely buggy and a mess to navigate in.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2013-03-05 20:10:20

Hi Seal and slj,
I mailed the dev earlier today and am trying the game again this evening.
The devs (Ivan and Marco) are pretty active and are looking for people to suggest how things can be done or fixed. They reqply to email quickly.
THe developers of the game are extremely interested in improving it. I would write them with yoursuggestions. It is true and smetimes confusing that a lot of puzzles are automatic.
t am able to use items on other items but not sure about items in the room.
shift tab does not work for me either, i would certainly report this to the dev. His email is [email protected]
Greetings, Anouk,

2013-03-05 20:36:11

Hi everyone, There is now a podcast about this game on applevis. It should show up on top of the list because it has just been released.
Greetings, Anouk,

2013-03-06 08:27:13

as interesting as this game sounds if there's only one voice throughout the hole game something isn't rite there. How many mb is the pc version, something like 500 mb or something? Well i'm not sure but i'm only taking a guess. But i can tell some of you are enjoying the game so lol have fun.

2013-03-06 13:48:39

There are at least two voice actors in the game (Enlish dub). And voice actors being voice ACTORS i think in general they do quite a good job in portraying the different voices quite well. 
Greetings, Anouk,

2013-03-06 22:08:51

There are actually at leased 4 voice acters in the game in the english version, so I think this have been damn expensiv.

Best regards SLJ.

2013-03-07 21:46:42

I'll admit that at times I don't get this game's weird logic. Combining a stick with a heavy stone to build a mouse trap? Not at all logical IMO. Now that I figured out the inventory, at least enough to continue the game, what do you use to get the bate for the squirrel? That's probably yet another weird item to use the trap on.
Thanks all. Then I'll find the Secret Library which I think I know how to do and actually makes sense.

2013-03-08 16:41:47

you need the wallnut from the kitchen

2013-03-09 19:15:03

Hm. How do I take care of the Librarian? I know the tapestry on the bounkey has something to do with it but I don't know how to use it since I can't take it.

2013-03-12 16:56:20

Hi everyone! I am pleased to announce that we have almost finished the new update of our audiogame The Inquisitor, which includes several improvements derived directly from your input!

Here are the major changes:
- Considerably lightened the game, in order to prevent crashes and slowdowns;
- Divine help can now be activated via tap with 5 finger;
- Fixed combination system to prevent problems encountered by some users;
- The timing has been increased in order to prevent a wrong call od the divine help by rpessing SHIFT + TAB;
- reduced audio overlap in minigames;
- Made clearer some complex passages of the game (opening hatch, passing cockroaches);
- Fixed a bug with a minigame that could prevent the completion of the game;
- Simplified combination of objects with "use with": after selecting "object1" and "use" will repeat only "use with objectX";

By the end of this week the update will be ready, and it will be published as soon as approved by Apple (their time would be approximately 10-15 days)

I'm looking forward to your feedback, and I thank you on behalf of all the team for your patience and kindness shown by all councils and reporting of problems.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us!

Kind regards,

Marco Agricola
tester manager

2013-03-12 17:21:23

What about PC update? it will be soon? or it's concerning PC and IOS version together?

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-03-12 18:11:28

PC/MAC update is planned for the end of this week!

2013-03-13 09:32:59

Marco: That's awesome. I'm looking forward to this. Then I feel like completing the game again. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2013-03-13 17:33:30

Hi,
does anybody know if there is a contact form or support email address where I can provide feedback on this game directly? I would do it here but it is a mixture of technicalities and spoilerage so I'd rather email someone directly.
Kind regards,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2013-03-13 19:16:02

Well, you could always post it here, with a spoiler warning before it, then it would people's own fault if they read it...
Reminds me that we don't even have a spoiler tag on this forum, would have been useful in this situation. big_smile
I'm sorry if we in fact do, I haven't found it at least, so... Heh.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2013-03-13 19:56:28

Hi!
OK then, let me start with the non-spoilery stuff.
First of all, I like this game a lot as it is both entertaining and educational. It is apparent that a lot of research went into plot and script, voice acting and sound design are both excellent, and the interface mostly allows for smooth and consistent gameplay.
Here are just a few points I noticed which in my opinion, if corrected, would boost the player experience tremendously.
Ignored keystrokes: Sometimes right after completing an action, the first press of the tab key is ignored. A potential solution would be to play a short click or similar signal as soon as the game is ready to take commands again. I have no problem with waiting, but I would like to be told when to stop waiting.
Sequences requiring enter key: Sometimes I need to press enter for an action to advance to its next step. At other times there is just a short pause and no player action is required. It would be great if there were a signal telling us when the game expects a keystroke to continue.
Taking vs. lifting: There is a scene in which lifting an item reveals another item which was hidden under it. The problem with this scene is that the game refers to the action as taking, and no message is spoken when this is attempted. Since the item in question is still present in the scene, I initially thought I had encountered a bug and the action had failed.
Using an inventory item: When using an item from the inventory, the resulting list of items to "use with" the first one can be quite long as it will contain everything in scope, i.e. both inside and outside the inventory. It would be very useful to have a keystroke to switch between these two contexts, or to be able to type a few letters of the item's name to jump to it. Also, when such an action fails, the resulting message is often very generic, offering no clues as to why this may not have been logical.
Automated actions: When carrying a few items of category x and then going towards item y, the items of category x are automatically used with item y in rapid succession. This results in interrupted speech and creates a situation of loss of control. It is as if the controller had been taken from my hand.

Finally, here comes the spoiler:

I'm in the village. There is a corpse there, and going towards it reveals some information about it. Repeatedly pressing enter reveals more information, although no hint is given that the enter key must be pressed in order to continue with the sequence. At some point, however, nothing else is revealed, and the only key which will still react is the escape key. However, I find no way to advance the story beyond this point. Could someone please point out what I am missing?

Kind regards,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2013-03-13 23:50:29

Well, you have the same idea / problems as me. I think this part where you are is unbeatable at the moment, game is full of bugs and these literally are destroying gaming experience. Also, what i must add is the minigames section of the game. I can understand the developers don't know what to do to let us solve these manually, because these puzzles are heavily graphic based. I think there are many ways to solve it and put for us great minigames by narrating these correctly and in details and play with our imaginaton.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-03-14 09:42:49

Hi EG.
I totally agree.
SPOILER, is, comming up:
In the village, you have to go into the inn. Talk to the woman in there, and get to your room. I don't remember if that inn is blocked somehow, because lots of people are stuck just in the village, which I don't understand why. I might have done something right since I could enter without any issues.
Let me know if you need more help.

Best regards SLJ.

2013-03-14 21:28:44

Hi all,

A few questions.  I have gotten to a point in the game where I found the stairs to the secret library.  I look at all the alters etc but when I try to interact with the baulkhead the game freezes.  I am able to activate the invintory but not able to use anything or return to the corradoor.  Can anyone help or suggest a way I can progress?  I am playing on the iOS platform.  I am using an iPhone 4s running 5.11.  Also does the iOS game end at the same spot as the pc game? Meaning does it end in the village that everyone keeps talking about?  Thanks for any help,

Mike

2013-03-15 00:10:52

Hello Mike,
I had that happen to me once, and exiting and then restarting the game did the trick.
SLJ, I cannot find an inn for some strange reason. Maybe the game is in some undefined state, in which case it would be great if the devs could have a look at this.
By the way I think this game really succeeds in creating a truly evil Protagonist. I just replayed the guard sequence just for the fun of it. I wonder what that reveals about me. *grin*
Kind regards,
EG

2013-03-15 10:32:50

Hi.
In the secret libiary, yes, there is a room where the game is kind of empty. Restart the game and avoid the room until you really need it. You'll know that out from the puzzle.
It's really strange that soem people is unable to find the inn in the village. What I did was to look at everything. You have to have in mind, that some of the items have more than two choices which might make the difference. I really don't remember what I did, and I don't remember I did something special to reach the inn. That's strange indeed.

Best regards SLJ.

2013-03-20 23:36:12

I am also in the village, but there is not any inn...
Maybe there is a problem with the PC version and the Inn is only in the iOS or Mac versions. smile

If I can not find the inn and, pressing Shift I am forced to hear details about those corps without another help, it means I can not finish this game?

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!