2013-02-25 15:55:34

Hello people. This time I have a little question. I started a little business in 2007, and I distribute and provide assistive technologies and products for blind people. I know that crowd funding can be very helpful to have some funds, to elaborate some other products I have in mind right now.
The first thing I tried was called kickstart, but it didn't work here in my country, but only in USA. Alternatively, I tried indiegogo.com, it was apparently the best site for me to make a campaine because it was worldwide, and Colombia, my country, was listed in their guidelines. So I opened an account, and everything was going well, untill I found the other obstacle. When I tried to log in, I entered my username/password thinggy, and when I hit enter, I got a surprize. My screen reader wasn't reading links, but instead displayed something like: alert dialog: it didn't allowed me to have access to my account at all, but instead of displaying the regular account control links, it just showed alert dialogs of the basic functionalities of my account. And I couldn't activate anything, reppeat, absolutely anything. In the links list, there's no logout link, or accounnt control things, but instead, I saw the links of the regular site, as if I were not logged in. And if I hit the create campaine link, I still seeing alerts and alerts, but nothing I can interact with. Now a days, I still receiving indiegogo messages on my eMail imbox, being unabled to close my account there.
Now, does anybody know a good and accessible crowdfunding platform, that can be used worldwide?
Thanks, Andres

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2013-08-18 07:46:01 (edited by CAE_Jones 2013-08-18 07:47:49)

I'm resurrecting this on the grounds that "AAAAAAAH THEY'RE ALL WEIRDLY FORMATTED AND WANT PICTURES OR VIDEOS AND DON'T YOU NEED FUNDING BEFORE YOU CAN MAKE PERKS AND GAAAAAAH!"

Someone could probably make a healthy amount of money being a crowdfunding manager for blind people. "Get us past these horrible interfaces and the requirements for images and videos that we can't see, and you can take a cut of the funds."

Kickstarter and Indiegogo are the only crowdfunding platforms I actually hear anyone talk about, and seem most likely to host successful campaigns, but they both have problems, as Andres described.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.