2006-11-26 13:51:55

hey guys,
i checked lworks yesterday and saw that a new audio demonstration is available. check it out. it sounds cool.

2006-11-26 17:54:14

sound cool it does, though we'll have to wait and see if Supreme commander Ather can beat X1 for sarcasm!

I'm very glad it's sounding good, sinse i've pre-ordered the game, this will not only mean I get it slightly cheaper, but also, that I get it immediately it comes out.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-30 11:46:41

hmm.  you know.  I think that is a great idea.  that might have to happen.  What is cool is if it doesn't happen in 1.0, who says that there won't be an update.  Up to 40 trophys for the final game, rewriting sounds, and working on other fun stuff.  Weee for coding.  I already know that there will have to be an update at some point.  to add in joysticks and stuff.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-11-30 15:07:41

Please excuse me for being extremely confused Liam, but which idea is great? Unless  you actually mean an insult match betwene X1 and Ather? I was speaking in the abstract sense, but to have it litterally happen (maybe as a minigame), would be fairly amazing! not to mention hilarious.

I'm glad the trophies are coming along, sinse this is one thing about Jd I was deffinately looking forward to. Audio games haven't really got into the hole unlockables thing yet, which Imho is slightly sad.

Not having joystick support doesn't bother me, sinse I don't own a Pc joystick (though, I probably should), but any add ins to the game would be rather welcome.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-30 15:18:11

well.  the game will let you use a mouse, so if you hav eone, you can take advantage of it.  and yes  commander ather Vs. X1 should be a minigame.  we'll see what kind of time I have.

2006-11-30 18:32:19

guys: check this one out:
my dad had to register in the lworks store, but he registered an account using a username based on me, a password based on me, the company name as aaron, and my e-mail address! hahahahahha! pretty funny.
then we preordered the game.
so liam, don't be fooled: it was my dad who preordered the game for me, not me preordering myself. if the order name appeared as mine, it was my dad.

2006-11-30 22:12:22

It seemed a litle odd to me that the Lworks store registration actually had a company name as a required field, I registered under my real offline name (something I always do for buying and selling purposes), but had to put in a wind in the willows reference instead of a company because it wouldn't let me just leave the field blank.

Though I didn't exactly mean it for a suggestion, if the X1 vs Ather game does materialize it would be fairly amazing.

I'm not sure about using a mouse in a space invaders esque game, I'll have to try it and see when the game comes out. Of course, that'll actually mean putting new batteries in my mouse, but I was going to have to do that anyway for Rale racer.

2006-11-30 22:21:33

Commander Ather VS. X1? Hmm, interesting idea. Gets me thinking bak to a post on the old forum where somebody raised the idea of an Audio Smash Brothers Melee style game. I agree with Dark though, the trailer sounds cool. Heck, I might just pre-order the game...assuming the issues with the shopping cart were worked out. When I tried to reorder Super Liam a few weeks back it didn't work. I'd placed the order because when I ordered the game the first time I had a different Email address and, rather than ask Liam directly if I could have gotten a replacement code even with a different Email, I went and placed the order. I figured since the price was lowered it was worhwhile and I did have that extra twenty bucks. Needless to say something wasn't working right somewhere.PayPal thought it went through but apparently it didn't. I remember getting an Email from Liam almost right after I placed the order, because though the money was taken from my acount i apparently didn't register with L-works or something. So hopefully that's been taken care of or there might be some trouble when people go to order Judgment Day. I myself don't actually know if I'll be able to preorder since college is still costing me money, bu if not I can always buy the game later. It certainly sounds a good deal more interesting than a lot of other games out there. Only Monty and Final Conflit and the titles from USA Games come close on my excitement meter, and the only one of those that we're likely to see in the near future is FC.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-11-30 23:57:40

i was impressed with the audio review too, the sounds just blew me away, i'm definately getting that for chirstmass, i'll probably preorder it too.
and a mini game between the good char and bad char sounds like a great idea too.

best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-12-01 10:12:44

not sure why it wants company name.  I will work on how to fix that.  Silly store.

2006-12-01 17:09:18

heh, ather VS x1, cool!
oh and liam, that audio demo rocks! i love it! there was way more activity going on then in the previous version. ya know. more shooting, more ships, i just love it! good job, man.

2006-12-01 17:11:53

Well I went ahead and preordered the game. Just hadto take the opportunity to save money. Besides, I was too excited to play the game. Guess we'll see in a week or so...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-12-01 17:24:03

i hope my order went through.
or should i say, preorder
also: i heard the dedmo, but that's not enough! i want to hear the boss again. no, not on the old demo. i want to hear the boss. what you could do is make a recording, show the new stuff, but when the boss comes don't beat him, let his nukes land, let him kill you unpurpose.

2006-12-01 18:02:30

The whole Ather vs X1 idea reminds me of the insult swordfighting in Curse of Monkey Island... Hmm.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-12-01 22:15:08

Actually Cx2, after Liam mentioned the possibility, an insult match was what I was thinking of.

glad to here you got around the ordering issues Brian, I'm fairly certain the game will be worth it.

My wish list for game releases is probably the same as yours Brian, though i'll try any audio game that's going (I tried the Vip sport games, though decided against keeping them).

I'm also interested to see how Rale racer works out, sinse the amount of features and such in the game strike me as interesting.

Btw, Liam, please don't worry about the company name business, it's not as if it isn't a huge problem.

2006-12-01 22:34:43

Well, I didn't get the ominous Email from Liam like I did that time I went to reorder SL, so hopefully the order went through. I have a feeling that'll have to be my last AG purchase for a while, at least until I get the college financial nonsense squared away. I also want ESP Pinball Extreme, but that's definitely gonna be a while in coming.
  Yes Dark,from the souns f things yourgame interests and mine are very close. I've actully consideredd actually trying my hand at programming even just a little game, but I wouldn't know where to start. Unfortunately the stuff at www.blndprogramming.com was rather confusing to me. I figured what I'd do was create an audio version of that old Atari game Adventure as a test project. Adventure, for those who don't know, was the first ever RPG, or, at least, the precursor. Your goal was to explore three castles in order to find a silver chalice that had been stolen by an evil wizard who oddly enough never actually showed up in the game. Instead, his threedragon underlings prowled the mazes and had to be slain with the magic sword. The catch was that you could only carry one item at a time, so if you had, say, one of the three keys, you coudn't carry the sword. There were also, as I mentioned, three keys,one to eah of the castles. Each castle had its own color, and you had to find the ey that matched it, Once you found and picked u the chalice, the game was over. Nothing spectacular, granted, but it had a surprising replay value. For example on a higher difficulty there was a bat that flewaround the screen and, like the Insane Scientists in Shades of Doom, wold steal whatever you were carrying. Unlike the pesky scientists though, who simply stole your stuff, the bat would replae the stolen thing with something else. So if you were on your way to one castle and you had the proper key, the bat would come along and steal it replacing it with, say, the sword, meaning you couldn't enter the castle.
  So there' my rant. At least I've got Judgment Day to tide me over til I can write something of my own.

2006-12-03 00:49:35

it was mentioned on an email list, but I've pushed the release date back by four days.  I'll update the site today.  to make a long story short.  we had heavy rains here, sun pump broke down, my room filled with water.  computers, everything are in my room.  so I haven't been home to assess the damage.  they're still sucking all the water out of the basement.  They caught the flood in time, bu tI'm not sure what if anything is damaged.  I suppose the weather gods aren't a fan of judgment day and didn't want it finished or something.

2006-12-03 02:52:44 (edited by dark empathy 2006-12-03 02:54:43)

OOOOh! nasty! I hope all your stuff is alright. On the occasion last year when similar flooding things happened to colidge,i was lucky enough that my room has an inch high step up to the door, that and the quick building of a towel dam by me insured safety of all my electronic things, but it was rather worrying (pluss it made the corridor truley reak for quite a long time).

Brian, that game "adventure" actually sounds pretty cool, I'm fairly certain someone has done a freeware windows remake, so I'll go and have a look.

I've also heavily considdered game creation, especially now I've got the ability to record my own wav voice files, but I think I'll wait and see what the audio game maker can do to make the monumental task of learning programming easier for me.

I've been having lots of ideas for games, Audio prince of persia, audio golden axe or Streets of rage, audio Mega man, Audio donkey Kong and Metroid, and of course lots of thoughts about that Audio rpg or stratogy game we all want.

But I suspect that even a basic audio version of the original donkey Kong game would be difficult to program, I'll just have to wait and see how evil the audio game maker would be to use.

Ps: these are all fairly well formed ideas, so if anyone wants any more info just let me know.

I'm now going to poke Odin many times with a heavily insulated rubber stick for hastling one of my favourite Audio game developers!

2006-12-03 13:31:30

I think the audio creation engine may have promise, however.  there is nothing that beats learning a language and coding in it.  As for electronics, they should be ok.  we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

2006-12-03 22:52:43

Well, I suppose it could be worse. As long as you didn't lose the source code...

2006-12-04 22:00:01

nah.  got source code in a few places.  when I lost the source code before, I didn't have a laptop, but now that I do, I'm able to back stuff up on it.  I also have another pocket drive that has code on it, as well as the main machine.

2007-03-11 00:34:14

speaking of sl, for some reason my product id for sl got changed and I will need a new unlock code.Liam, could you please give me a new unlock code for the product ID: YISZP?

2007-03-11 02:51:08

hello Hacker.

sorry to here about your troubles with sl.

If you haven't already, it'd probably be a good idea to E-mail Liam directly about the problem, I'm not sure how much time he has to check this message board (he's a very busy chap after all).

You might also considder posting a message to the Audeasy mailing list assuming your a member, ----- and if your not, you might want to think about subscribing, ---- lots of good discussion of Audio games goes on there as well.

2007-03-11 18:39:41

Why don't you do what your forum-nickname tells you to do? Ehhh, LOL!

2007-03-11 22:04:38

what and just enter random crap in to the reg program