2013-01-16 22:31:43

Hmmm... In that case, if there will be most likely no newer titles with scoreboard capability, will the people that have purchased games back in the day, and I mean, way! back, be left in the dark? I'm talking about the ESP days.
Will those games be collectors items from now on?
Not discussing future titles here, as that's not permitted. I'm talking about loyal peeps that have followed the Dragon for years, and years, and years!
Ok, will calm down now...

2013-01-16 23:17:36

Oh dragon, burn the windows, battalions with lion can be fun, but some windows breaks by your fire can be totally appreciated by many users here. Probably mayan apocalypse was about changing minds and left windows behind the scenes lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2013-01-16 23:37:47

Trenton Goldshark wrote:

Hmmm... In that case, if there will be most likely no newer titles with scoreboard capability, will the people that have purchased games back in the day, and I mean, way! back, be left in the dark? I'm talking about the ESP days.
Will those games be collectors items from now on?
Not discussing future titles here, as that's not permitted. I'm talking about loyal peeps that have followed the Dragon for years, and years, and years!
Ok, will calm down now...

As newer titles are released, the older versions will be retired. That said, we don't have any immediate plans to deactivate the original ESP scoreboards…but they won't necessarily be operational forever.

Never say never, though. We will continue to evaluate the value of scoreboards to our titles, and will offer them if and when it seems appropriate. Likewise, other server-based features could be offered that are not necessarily scoreboards.

The dragon awakens...

2013-01-17 09:29:32

Very well said in post 25. smile I totally agree.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-01-21 16:29:03

Hi all. I got the game a few weeks ago. Its wonderful, very wonderful that Draconis is offering the audio games  for mac. I love my mac mini, and will never switch back to windows. Now all I need is a MUD client for mac, and I'll have all I need, as far as games.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2013-01-22 09:48:58

Hi.
Have you tried Mudder? You can buy it from the app store. I haven't had time to play much with it yet, but it seems to work great, and Voiceover does read the incomming text.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-02-13 02:57:59

Hi there.  How are the new mac games going?  I enjoy the ones you released even now.  I love Old Man Stanly!

2013-02-14 00:12:10

Hi,
Well, I don't have a mac and right now am looking into a vm of it, but based on how the audio trailer sounds I can't wait for the windows version! About demos, there is of course light versions which are easier to handle in the mac and ios app store because like you said you'll be selling the games via the app store which will make the best of hackers and piraters who, sadly, believe that they can get away with cracking the games which of course is wrong. Maybe, for windows, you could do the same thing. For example, a light version of change reaction would have only the normal mode of the game just like the old change reaction. When you buy the game, the purchaser would get an email with an extremely! temperary download link that they have to be quick to use, because to keep things safe, the link would be removed in, let's say 15 to 30 minutes. And if possible, a password would be generated based on computer specifications including your computer's serial, together with an online reg system to keep things secure. For ios you could do the same thing, offer a light version for free and a paid version that people can purchase from the app store. So it's possible to do demos for both mac and windows without opening the possibility for crackers to get their hands on the games. This is because the system you use where if you crack the game the reg code is revoked doesn't seem to work, unfortunately I've seen a lot of people use keys that have are belong to someone else, not on here, but in other places. So an online system for windows would probably fix that. Oh and is there a trailer for you guys on silver dollar? Or are you just going to use the review from Dave Woodbridge as the trailer. Because in that demo he doesn't demonstrate start a brawl and people who may not've played esp whoopass, might want to hear how that game works.

2013-04-05 20:05:10 (edited by paddy 2013-04-05 20:12:58)

@Jack
But here comes another problem:
You're right, you can do purchases on Windows this way, but if you for example have a home desktop and a laptop for on the go and another machine at your flat in the town where you are studying, you want to have this game registered on all of these  machines, it won't actually work, so that's the bad thing about this method.
Another method could be like the Three-D velocity registration, where you can register the game on up to 4 computers I think, or was it three? Three-D? haha. big_smile

But if you want to crack a software, you will be able to crack it, no matter how hard it is to crack it.
But in fact, people cannot crack it just right now, they need time, sometimes large amounts of time.
But the most likely reason why many people crack things is because they maybe don't have a paypal account, or if they don't have a credit card, or they just mustn't have anything of it, maybe because they are under 18 or so.

But I prommis, if a brand new exciting title is out, I will buy it someday.
But enough about cracking: I really like the apple system too, because I'm 16, and don't have a credit card or a paypal account, only an apple ID with money from Itunes Giftcards on it, and that's a really cool feature of the itunes-store! big_smile
Let's see, maybe I get myself a virtual machine for mac osx, because a mac book is just too expensive right now, so for now, I stick with my Asus Windows7 64 bit Laptop.

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2013-04-06 15:00:49

Well, if you don't have an intel processor, I don't know how you'll be able to get mac vm. Sadly, they only run on windows machines. There needs to be an emulator strictly for running apps, like blue skins I think it is, that lets you run just android apps in a windows enviornment. That may be the only surefire solution to get past the intel limitation. But I'm doing everything except! buying a macbook, because, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive and I don't even have that kind of fortune that apple expects you to have. So that's why I can't wait for the windows version. I have an idea. Maybe your engine could use python, with pygame, to make cross platform games. Your engine could be based on python like evolution 3d will be using, that way, you can make either a totally cross platform installer, or create installers for each platform windows, mac, linux you heard right linux! Although, you will have to have separate development for IOS I think. This is only an idea. If you don't want to do it, then that's fine, I'll just have to wait for a windows release or by some murical get a vm or hackintosh to work on my system.

2013-04-09 09:33:44

I'm not sure if python supports everything the engine of draconis supports.
But it would be also great if you would release silver dollar for IOS, because the interface is easy to use with the touch screen. Flicking up, left and right can be shooting in this direction and flicking down could reload, it would be pretty possible.

And about the windows pricings: If the pricing of silver dollar would be something like $1,99, you could set cellphones as pricing possibilities too. I mean if you want to buy it, you could enter your e-mailadress plus your phone number, then you get an sms with a code which you enter and then the specified ammount of money will be taken from there, that could work.
Also it would be easier for those, who haven#t got a paypal account or a credit card.

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.