2012-09-15 14:08:04

Hello,
Thanks to blindncool, I found this glulks game. This is an rpg in which you must explore a castle. However, the world is very detailed. It is not like kerkerkruip, in fact it doesn't seem to be for beginners. I died on my first attempt, lol. However, from what I've played so far there seem to be quite a lot of objects and things around.
You can find this game by going to the url at the end of this post, and searching for the game name.
http://ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archive … glulx.html

2012-09-23 01:04:36

Aaron, you might also want to try The releques of Tolti-ath, an RPG type game by Graham Nelson.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-09-23 18:01:45

Hi,
That one was really hard! You go north and just get attacked, and die heh. Where can that one be found these days, and what other rpgs are there? I know of the following:
Shadowland, for tads
Kerkerkruip, my fav besides bloodlust, for glulkse
Nechron's keep, for glulx, obviously
bloodlust warrior (wink, thank you blindncool for this one), glulx
magogracy, tads, although this one's sort of... tricky too.

2012-09-23 19:13:43

Aaron, you might like Fantastic finalli IV, a sort of comedy RPG. I will put it on dropbox if you like.
Also, try Treasures of a slaver's kingdom, zcode. FFIV is glulx.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-09-23 19:16:43

Reliques, by the way, can be found in the games/zcode or games/glulx directories.

2012-09-23 23:15:22

Hay does anyone know how to open the magic potral in the dining hall.

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2012-09-24 21:47:48

I dunno. Every time I play, I die!

2012-09-25 09:45:07

An other great rpg is forbidden lands... It was a mud, but now is a single player game. Going to try out this necron's thing!

2012-10-16 17:33:06

It's a good game, like Tolti-ath, but you'll die a lot at first.

2012-10-19 07:52:49

Well all these will need db pages at some point if they're actual rpgs, though I must admit shadowland disappointed me, random  combat that you can have no affect on and silly object puzzles, indeed looking at shadowland I can see why people don't like rpgs in the if community.

My one question about necrons keep is is it actually finished? I'm sure I remember hearing of that game at some point in the past, but that it had been abandoned in it's  developement which was a shame.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)