2012-09-08 21:53:27 (edited by QuentinC_Playroom 2012-09-08 22:00:38)

hello everybody,

I am excited to say that iphone app has been release for playroom of QuentinC.

you can download the app called QuentinC Playroom from ihpone app store for 20 dollar and additionnally play all games on playroom using your iphone.

iphone app is available as a beta. It means that some bugs are still present, but they will be fixed in the next few weeks.

Happy gaming on the playroom !

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2012-09-09 01:48:56

I write this as an avid player of the playroom, and enjoy the games there quite a good bit, however, unfortunately, I feel that the app price is extremely high, especially considering games like King of Dragon Pass are $10.  If there is a reduction in price, a big reduction I must unfortunately add, I will be one of the first to check out your no doubt well designed and enjoyable app, however, I can't justify the cost.  Congradulations, however, and I hope that it takes off and is successful!

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 03:38:47

Hi, Sean here, the Playroom app is not in the US app store as of yet. and I feel that as the windows version is free, why can't the iOS app be free as well, or at least 3 to 5 dollars, Not 20 dollars. I really would love to play the iOS app, but, as I stated before, it isn't in the US app store. and the price is a bit to steep for my budget. Thanks a lot in advance and hope to see you back.

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 04:25:49

I'd pay five bucks for it.  sure.  I'd love to play scopa on the buss to school/home/whatever.  I could get behind that.

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 07:48:23

Perhaps he is trying to cover the price of the license?  I remember this topic coming up on the techtalk show a few times, but I don't remember any specifics on price or anything of that sort.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 15:07:31

Hi to all,
the playroom is not available in Slovak appstore as well.
Talking about price, Like many others have said 20 dollars is a bit high price. 5 dollars would be good I think.

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 16:32:11

Agreed, way too pricy. Something like fleksy, I could understand the cost a bit, but not the playroom. If it was $5, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 16:35:37

This is great news, and I can't wait to try out the app.  $20 is a bit high, especially considering that some of the games still have server-side bugs, but I'm quite willing to pay it.  I understand that your target audience is quite limited, and you're clearly quite commited to making the experience for your users better so as a one-off charge, $20 isn't too bad.

Has your application been fully approved by Apple yet?  As others have said, they can't find it in their local App Stores, and it isn't showing up in the UK either.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Believe it or not, in a past incarnation, I was Alexander the Great's chief eunuch.

2012-09-09 17:08:52 (edited by lauren.downie96 2012-09-09 17:09:27)

Hi,
I also don't see it in the UK App Store. As for the price, I agree that 20 Dollars is quite expensive.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-09-09 21:59:26

Hi,

I do believe reading that the price for publishing apps on the Apple App Store is around $150 ... I think it's per year, don't quote me.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-09-09 22:21:58

God, 20 bucks? no thanks, well, app is really great on PC, but nerev on IP, not for me.:)

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 23:37:22

wow yes 20$ is way to high. The games are fun, but they are still text games really. I know money needs to be made, but There would be many, many people That would get this ap if it was like 5$ many more that will for the 20$ This feels like a slap in the face for people that been waiting for something like this to happend.You may even have better luck if you cut it to half. maybe you could try to make some cash on the pc one even if is just a few dollars to help you out with the LC cost, and what ever else you may have. I'm sure people would help out. I wish best of luck to you, and hope to be able to try out the ap some day if it gets to a resonable price...

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2012-09-09 23:40:20

GhorthalonTheDragon wrote:

Hi,

I do believe reading that the price for publishing apps on the Apple App Store is around $150 ... I think it's per year, don't quote me.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

Thumbs up

2012-09-09 23:42:57

LOL Hadi...

The thing is I don't even know if it's $150... I've just read it was something around that. big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-09-10 01:09:54

Hi QuentinC,
I checked the iPhone app store and the playroom app hasn't been included yet.  L-works submitted their app twice and it took a few weeks before it was rejected by Apple.

With 13 games in QuentinC Playroom, the $20 cost could be divided into $1.5 per game.
1000 miles racing game.
battleship game.
Bouillabaisse.
chess game.
Connect four.
Dominos.
jass.
la Scop a.
monopoly.
poker texas holdem.
Reversi.
uno.
Yahtzee.
With the new iPhone announcement expected in three days, maybe Apple is busy getting their own apps working with IOS 6.

Thumbs up

2012-09-10 01:55:28

to those people who claim the price is too high.
Would you then say that paying che martin $3 a month is too expensive as well?
I mean, he only offers what,  7 games?
And if you were a member for 3 years, it would be over a hundred dollars, yes?
The playroom offers 13 games, and is a one-off purchase.
I'm going to asume for now, that you would also be allowed all future games free of charge.
SO, for $20, I'd say that's pretty reasonable.
Is it not?

2012-09-10 02:39:07

we're talking about the ap world here, thats apples, and oranges.. I think the  point about the 13 games that you get is a better one..  maybe sell it  for  one price with X amount of games, and ask for 1 or 2 dollars for game that people may want to add..  there has to be a better way.

"One Love"

2012-09-10 05:40:05

@Quentin if  you get to read this. I talk with a few people, and did a poll just to see what price would they be happy with, and the number that came up at the end was 9.99..  Even I after thinking about it my self. thats really not a bad price for everything you get, so throw away the 5$, and let me ask everyone  here.  how many would be ok with the 9.99 price? I know this may not change anything, but is good to have the info.  big_smile again best of luck.

"One Love"

2012-09-10 09:07:24

i believe that the price is reasonable.
$20 is cool for having 13 games on your iPhone, specially when you don't have to pay monthly, or pay more money to unlock more games

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

Thumbs up

2012-09-10 13:28:04

Hi.
I would never pay 20 dollars for such an app. I would never pay more than 10 dollars. I find that pretty weird since it's free to play on the pc.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-09-10 14:00:09

yep, not paying that much. hell no

Thumbs up

2012-09-10 17:36:27

interesting, hate to say it, but I see this so often with blind people, if it's not cheap, it's not reasonable, sighs.

2012-09-10 18:15:04

SLJ and Troopanum:

It's free to play, but have you considered this:
- The time he's working on this.  Do you know what he does for living? Maybe he's a student?
- Server costs:  I'd imagine the server to run the games is not that cheap. And  it has very little downtime.  OK, it's an OVH server but still. tongue
- Apple publishing costs: Yepp, those
tongue More than 20 bucks.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-09-10 19:02:48

I don't think it has anything to do with blind people or not. No one is saying it should be free or even .99, but at 9.99 he will get way more people to get it, so at the end he'll endup doing better. big_smile

"One Love"

2012-09-10 21:43:47 (edited by Orin 2012-09-10 21:47:56)

He made this forum post just to be an idiot and make people discuss this stuff. Folks, there's no iOS app. It'd be logical to create a Mac app first anyway.
Update: Apparently someone faked Quentin's identity and made this post. Hopefully we'll hear what's up from the real Quentin.