2012-08-30 02:48:14

Hi Everyone.

Those of you on audeasy might have heard about this game from shaddowdragon, but if not (and for those who haven't tried it yet), here is some information.

This is a new brouser rpg that has been in developement for a while and has just gone public recently, with the usual fantasy theme, take your character, do quests, spend xp etc. Several things however make this a very unique game.

first and formost, the battles! rather than just hammering attack, you actually fight on a grid, with your character and various enemies on that grid each with a square. You can move by clicking links, attack, and have abilities such as spells and weapons. Also on the grid are obstacles you might need to move around, and special power orbs which will have effects when you move to them. This makes battles far more interesting than in most games, however sinse the labeling is very good, the battles are easy to follow and aren't too complex.

there is also of course more as you go on.

another unique thing are in game items, which are somewhat randomly generated with different effects and properties, making looting far more interesting.

the map is also worthy of note sinse you have to actually travel to each location fighting monsters, finding traps and treasure along the way.

you can have extra characters, of various classes and races meaning the game is highly replayable, indeed the intention is to have the game to be replayable lots of ways.

My only disappointment with the game thus far, is that while the quests, towns and cities have flavour text, the monsters do not, making them a little less interesting to fight, though sinse uncharted peak is at the very start of developement more may well be added in the future, indeed I believe extra quests, upgrades etc are planned.

The game is completely free in all areas, however a couple of account and character upgrades are available that give various bennifits like extra inventory slots, though one nice fact I like if you do! want to pay for the game, you can buy a perminant upgrade to get all the bennifits all the time for all your characters for just 19 euroess, which is a nice deal indeed, though I recommend people take advantage of this now sinse apparently it's a beginning game %25 off sale and in future it'll be a little more expensive.

the bad news is, to register for the game you need to pass one of the dreaded captures. The good news however is that the developer is happy to create accounts for any vi users who want to play, and you only need to pass the capture to register, once registered your fine. indeed, the developer is very nice about access in general, and the game will be getting a db entry as soon as I have the time to write one.

this is another game with fantastic potential and lots of interesting features, and I'd love to see people get behind it and support it, either financially or by just going along and being active players of the game.

and the address is www.unchartedpeak.com.

Enjoy, and hope t see you up the peak.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-08-30 09:08:43

Wow. I'll check that one out. For some reason, I have a hard time finding an interesting rpg game that I really like, but this one seems interesting. It would be awesome if it works great on an iPhone as well. I'll look at it this weekend if not before.
Are there any kind of chat or player-communication in the game?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-08-30 09:18:14

The game seems to be built onto a forum, which means there's lots of communication.

In some ways the game is similar to warriors 2 in that you adventure in an area to meet npcs etc, but sinse the battles are more interesting, this isn't too bad, I just wish there was a little more in the way of text in some places, but as I said, I suspect this is one that is going to have to grow as it goes on.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-08-30 10:27:39

I will make an account in a few minutes. I'm always looking for new games like this one. I hope it holds my attention longer then a lot of brouser based games with rather boring text.

2012-08-30 11:08:24

The text is about average and better than many, though I will admit it's lacking in some areas, however the item system and detailed combat mechanics are some of the best I've seen in a brouser game, and I've not yet got too far into things myself. Particularly of note is the way fights are so unique and varied, with the different positions of creatures and obstacles on the battlefield and the use of orbs to recharge your characters, as well as normal stuff like magic and special attacks.

indeed, the only other game I've seen which has anything like as detailed a system is puppet nightmares, but uncharted peak I think I prefer sinse pn had a combat system with far less variation in enemies in each fight, plus pn was a little too! stat heavy for my taste with not even basic combat descriptions.

Uncharted peak also has a fairly easy to navigate screen which is also an advantage too.

2012-08-30 11:41:33

Hi! This game is blank. I am only online and another not. I am very surprise.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2012-08-30 11:59:41

Hi.
I've just send a mail to the developer asking him to create my account because of the capture. I look forward to try the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2012-08-30 12:22:17

Giovani, I'm not sure what you mean. The game works fine for me.

if you mean there are few other players, well heck, the game hasn't even been out two months yet (one reason precisely why I'm writing this topic), and it's not as if interactions with other players are such a major part of the game anyway sinse like most brouser rpgs it's the single player stuff (particularly the combat), that is interesting.

As i said, it's not perfect on all fronts, but it's certainly different and I'd love to see where it goes in the future if players support the game.

2012-08-30 21:27:22

Hi dark,
This one sounds interesting, I'll make an account later.
@SLJ, have you tried webvisum?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-08-30 22:03:13

Well bnc as I said, the gm will happily make accounts for people who cannot get past the image, which helps a lot (I wouldn't be promoting the game if not nor would it get a page in the db).

As I said, I don't think uncharted peak is utterly perfect in all ways yet, but it's certainly different to anything else I've seen and I'd love to see where it goes in the future.

2012-08-31 09:08:47

Hi.
This game is indeed interesting. Got my acount yesterday, and I've briefly looked at it.
The only thing which I don't understand is the following:
It seems as you have to complete the main story using as fewest turns as possible. When that is done, you can just start over again. Well, I hope I'm wrong because that sounds to me that the story is really short.
I got my quest telling me that I should search for a ship and some other stuff whihc I don't remember, but I can only go to two different locations. Seems to me like pick a place to explore and just be lucky. But I have to play the game some more to make sure.
The battles are awesome. I'm a munk who fights with the fists. I have to like aim my fists like up, down, left and right, and the game tells me what directions are blocked, so I have to keep aiming until I can attack. The only thing which I find unrealistic is that you can just keep attacking when you've found the right spot. I don't know if that'll change later on.
I'll play this game some more this weekend and let you know if I find something cool.

Best regards SLJ.

2012-08-31 09:19:29

Hi Slj.

I've not got that far myself, but thus far it seems the game is similar to warriors 2 or kingdom of loathing, you pick a location to explore in and fight monsters, find items etc in that location until you've done quests. There are lots of locations listed, so i don't think the game is that! short, and like anything else there will hopefully be updates later on.

As to battles, Your not aiming your attcks, but actually moving around a map. If you read the screen rather than just the links you'll notice it says things like 5-2 wolf, 5-3 river etc. you always start on 3-4 and have to move up down etc to get in range, though i think with ranged weapons this is less necessary. Once in range you fight monsters, and also this obviously means you can gain advantages by moving to areas where you are less likely to be surrounded by many monsters at once.

Also, keep a look out for orbs, which will appear on the battle grid, eg, 6-1 health orb, sinse if you move to these you get boosts.

I've not quite fully mastered the battle system myself, particularly in how to avoid being stunned or what certain abilities do (I'm playing a templer), but it'll be fun finding out.

2012-08-31 18:01:28

What I take from this is that I need to think hard on my choice of title for one of the games I have planned.
Bah, the internet needs a decent Middle English translater.

I had a hard time getting Warriors2 to work, or to get the screen reader I was using at the time (I think it was NVDA) to read things correctl). So it effectively wound up feeling like I had very little input as to how the game went (although I rather liked the way NPCs are characterized and how the potential enemies behave).
It sounds like  some of the features here improve on the ones that gave me trouble with Warriors2, though, so maybe yay.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-08-31 20:54:09

Warriors 2 always did have slightly wonky pages, mostly because I don't think the various panels are very stable, and indeed if I want to read them properly I need to switch supernova's setting from cashing to noncashing mode in order that they read correctly (the only other game I've had to do this with is puppet nightmares), certainly not something I need to do in uncharted peak which uses pretty standard pages.

indeed, the only warning I will give is that new quest messages and text on the map appear below the initial description of the area, so don't be too quick to click and move on before reading down.

uncharted peak has a similar mechanic for map exploration to warriors 2, and similar property assignments of items, though there haven't been any companions, randomly generating npcs or quests yet, much less dungeons with specific maps different to the main world map.

The one area however that uncharted peak really scores over warriors 2 is in it's combat, sinse where warriors 2 combat was extremely uninteresting being a one click result affair with no control from the player at all, uncharted peak is a full on, tactical rpg style battlee.

this, ---- and the nearly impossible to navigate dungeons, are the principle thing I have against warriors 2, sinse despite some exceptional game ideas like the companions system, item mechanics and a massive amount of quests, when beating your foes just comes down to one click and hope it really takes a lot out of the game for me.

Another thing the games have in common, is it seems nearly impossible to run out of turns if you contribute to the game, though again uncharted peak is rather nicer here sinse if you buy the game, it's an absolutely perminant upgrade, no need to keep spending dosh on premium time or the like.

Obviously uncharted peak is still developing and I'm pretty sure more is to be added soon, but what is there thus far is pretty good going I think, especially the battling system.

2012-09-01 09:10:43

hi i like this game but how to wear items? i can find it

2012-09-01 09:32:05

click on the item in your inventory, and you'll see a "move item to head" or similar option show up in the equipment area, though bare in mind it'll only appea if you have the correct stats for the item.

same goes for selling and unequipping stuff too.

I can also now definitely confirm that progressing to different areas does just take doing quests, as I now have access to another area after completing the shorelands quest. Combat gets more interesting too when your fighting monsters with ranged attacks, or when you get thge principle of fighting one monster while another gets to you.

I've now also realized that the monster described at the top of the screen is whatever monster you've got targited, and you have to click on the name of a different monster to change your targit.

I'm still slightly missing a little extra text, especially against potentially interesting monsters such as leaf elementals, but the combat and different created items are rather fun.

2012-09-01 16:15:45

Oh, thanks Dark for explaining the battle field. I thought you were aiming the weapon, since the links says up, down, left and right, and it says what directions is blocked. Lol. It's fun how much I am able to misunderstand things. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2012-09-01 16:46:20

Well, as I said it's all about reading the hole screen not just the links, though it's handy to know someone had this confusion sinse when I come to write up a db page for uncharted peak I can include some words about the layout of the combat field there.