2012-08-07 17:57:32

A new version of Pontes Backgammon, 1.5, is available.

In this version I added support for game pads and joysticks. The mouse support was also changed for a better usability.
I fixed a known bug which occured sometimes when bearing checkers off. Now everything works correctly.
Some sounds were changed, some new information added, like remaining time until an abandon is considered, who's turn is to move etc.

Changes in version 1.5 (7 August 2012)

1. Italian language is available. Translated by Claudio Garanzini. (20 May 2012)
2. Pressing key G, you can hear who's turn is to move. (14 July 2012)
3. Pressing control + t in an online game, you can hear the remaining time for current move. Remember that after 3 minutes without moving, it is considered an abandon. (14 July 2012)
4. Changed some sounds like the edges for history lists. Added a left beep when the entire message is deleted in the chat history. (15 July 2012)
5. The mouse support was entirely rewritten for a better usability. (17-23 July 2012)
   The mouse status is also saved and charged at the start of the game for registered users.
6. All user settings are now saved into Windows Registry. The SApi voice rate, sound settings, board notation and other settings must be set again. (29 July 2012)
7. Pressing control + m you can set now the mouse delay, its speed. By default, the delay between mouse position refreshing is 200 milliseconds. (30 July 2012)
8. Game pad and joystick support added, read more about game pad and joystick support in the manual. (01 August 2012)
9. Pressing control + j you can set the game pad or joystick delay, its speed. By default, the delay between cursor movements made by a game pad is 200 milliseconds. (01 August 2012)
10. At game launch it is verified if an instance of Pontes Backgammon is already running. It is not possible to open Pontes Backgammon more times accidentally. (03 August 2012)
11. If Pontes Backgammon is registered, the Registration Manager can also unregister it. (03 August 2012)
12. German language is available. Translated by Dogan Yildirim. (04 August 2012)
13. All the Yes / No question dialogs where changed. Now it is possible to choose between Yes or No using the arrows or Tab key. The question is also repeated each 20 seconds. (05 August 2012)

Fixed bugs:
- If alt + tab is pressed and JAWS is running, the screen reader will work correctly outside the game window. (Thanks Philip) (13 July 2012)
- A nickname longer than 15 characters is now spoken entirely. (14 July 2012)
- The ambience can not be changed anymore pressing control + x while the music player is running. (14 July 2012)
- To open a saved game, control right + o is also available. (14 July 2012)
- The current time announced automatically by clock cuckoo is not repeated more times. (14 July 2012)
- When writing or deleting text in chat, the space is also pronounced by synthesizers. (15 July 2012)
- Alt + shift and control + shift change now the speak output mode also in the chat window. (15 July 2012)
- Corrected some mistakes in the history games files found in My Games folder. (16 July 2012)
- The music player jumps now to the next track also in chat window. (16 July 2012)
- Fixed an important bug at bearing checkers off time. Now it is impossible anymore to remove a wrong checker in some situations. (21 July 2012)
- Fixed other bugs.

The size of this package is: 12.4 MB.

Read about Pontes Backgammon at www.backgammon.pontes.ro.

Read the manual clicking the link below:
Help and Documentation
In the manual you can also read about game pad or joystick support.

Download the last version clicking the link below:
Download the last version of Pontes Backgammon

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!

2012-08-07 19:18:17

o my god, I'm going to download it
even I'm not fan of this type of games

2012-08-08 02:21:38

hello

thanks... for making this game. i like to play it online with other people... just a question,

that if screenreaders are supported, and can i play it with sighted people as well? or no.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-08-08 16:25:03

It is not possible to play against sighted people yet.
We are waiting for some enhancements in BGT, Philip said that soon we will have the possibility to add GUI in BGT.

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!

2012-08-09 12:35:29

that would be awesome.
thanks

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi