2012-07-01 10:49:56 (edited by gamefighter 2012-07-01 10:51:25)

Hi,

Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't understand you. You said you do not have any "sapi screenreader" to load?
If you do mean you do not have a screenreader, then sapi should voiceover the game, which should definitely work because as you may know, windows comes with at least one preinstalled sapi voice.
Otherwise your currently running screenreader will be choosen.

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2012-07-01 13:28:51

Hi I stand corrected. I have a jaws screen reader and tried running it but when I actually played the game it did not narrate the level I was playing, nor when I pressed a number for a weapon narrating which one I chose. Sapi reads the menus and stuff but when it goes into game play that's when sapi doesn't speak. What is a solution to fix this?

2012-07-07 21:41:07

hi. I think i know what he means. i have the same problem to. i have turned of jaws, because the game do not work with it. sapi reads the menus but inside the game, it does nothing.

2012-07-23 22:41:59

Battle zone 13.2 is here. It's a minor release, so you don't have to get it. the link is https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8252087/battle … /setup.exe
As always.
The only new thing in this version is an update checker. Which is nice, I suppose. Well, have a nice day. Also I removed the sourcecode because no one really needs it. If you want it I might give it to you upon request via pm, twitter, or skype.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-07-24 01:05:56

Hi,

Key, may I add you to skype? What is your skypename?

2012-07-24 02:05:47

my skype is carlos.macintosh.cool

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2012-07-24 09:02:27

hi key,
do you plan to add in my modified auto pilot scrypt? it works great and can avoid blades, and can handle level 6 properly... only thing is it dies all the time, to much enemys! it can also duck for fireballs in a right way so they won't hurt you, and more of that stuff. I didn't download the latest version of battle zone, but I can say it is much better then the auto pilot of battle zone 12.8.
thanks in advance

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2012-07-24 19:10:36

Hi,

Key. I've added you. Do you've got a contact request? You should have, but it is in german unfordonately. I've forgot to switch my skype interface language into english before adding you. I'm using a german system, so...
O, and another question, more battlezone related.
Can you maybe change the autopilot hotkey to something more pressable? I don't have a 'right alt' key on my laptop.

2012-07-24 19:41:48

@rolvdwal
I looked at your autopilot script. I'll see how well it works because Ionly looked at the code.
@gamefighter: I have ust dadded you to skype.

2012-07-27 15:30:30

Hello,
I'm having a similar sapi problem, I'll try to explain it.
As we've already said, jaws doesn't work with the game, so I turned that off, that's fine.  Now, when I activate the game, I have no voice at all.  I have NVDA, and if I activate this, it works with the game.  However, when I'm in play, the thing will anounce every key I press, i.e it will say space every time I use a weapon.  This is very irritating to me, I'd much rather use sapi.  Now when in the game with NVDA running, I can go into options and change the speech configuration, selecting scansoft tom as my voice.  Now Scansoft Emily reads the menus, and scansoft Tom speaks in the game.  But I then have to shut NVDA off or put it to sleep.  What's more, when I restart the game, say after a break, the changes I made to the speech are forgotten, and so every time I play, I have to turn off jaws, turn on NVDA, activate the game, change the speech configuration to sapi and put NVDA to sleep.  Is there a way in which I can get the game to remember these changes?  Of course I've clicked save options before exiting the game, but this does not work.  To put it plainly, I need the game to talk through SAPI without a screen reader being loaded.  Is this possible at the moment? 
Thanks in advance for any help, and also thank you for a most excelent and fun game.
Daniel

2012-07-27 18:23:44

Hi, Daniel here again.  Well I seem to have solved half my provlem albeit temporarily, and come up with a solution to Yukionozawa's problem also.  When I start the game with no screen reader running, sapi does indeed come on automatically.  It would appear that if a screen reader is running, the speech configuration is automatically switched to screen reader.  Now as Yukionozawa said, the menus are spoken, but game play is not.  To fix this, go to: change options, in the main menu.  Then select: change speec configurationh.  Since the instructions are not read without a screen reader, I'll write them here.  Use the up and down arrows to select a voice, use the left and right arrows to adjust the speaking rate of that voice, and I believe it is page up and page down to alter the pitch of the voice.  Press enter once you've selected your prefered voice and matched the speed and pitch to your liking.  Then go to save options.  Your selected voice should say options saved and return you to the main menu.  You can now start playing and your selected voice will speak during game play.  Unfortunately, you will have to do all this every time you start the game... at least in my experience.  Perhaps in a later version it can be fixed so that these preferences are saved after exiting the game.  If anyone else finds that they are in fact saved, I don't know, possibly there's a problem my end with SAPI, it always a bit strange for me. 
Also while I'm here, after some levels, I think it was level 5, most of my amunition disappeared, is that meant to happen?  The game also seemed to crash after that level, I had to restart it. 
Hope all this is helpful.
Best
Daniel

2012-07-27 19:13:13

Great, I like battle zone and am happy to see that development continues. Will the game get a story ending and the last boss fight? That would be very cool

2012-07-27 20:17:52

Hi,

I agree, I want to kill this dammen guy who always smashes my items! sad

2012-07-27 21:26:05

Yeah. I'd like to know what's the reason the main character has been kitnapped, who this guys are and what what about the pacage? Would be great if that could be explained at the end. And yeah, i want to kill the big boss of all this stuff finaly. The update checker is cool, by the way, keep up the great work.

2012-08-01 00:23:26

Here's a crazy question. Can I have more then one version of Battle zone running on my PC?
I kinda want to keep V1.2.8 untill I see that BZ 1.3.2 works well.

Thanks
smile

2012-08-01 03:00:15

ys, you can. You just need to rename the folder in which 12.8 is installed so that it is not overwritten. No registry entries are used with the game. so you can even put it on a portable drive.

2012-08-01 03:08:33

sorry for the double post but battle zone 13.3 has been released. If you don't have the updater, download the setup at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8252087/battle … /setup.exe otherwise, you can just run the updater.

2012-08-01 09:08:32

Changelog?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-08-01 10:12:38

oh i began including changelog with the game.

2012-08-02 05:25:16

hello all,
I found a bugg
when I save a game, and tthen I restart the game
my saved game wont work for ever
I mean when I press enter in the load game, I can here the level music just for a sec
and then, the game exit's

2012-08-02 08:12:29

hmm, I'll look into that one.

2012-08-02 09:08:04

Hi,

I've not tested it in the new version, but that coulden't be because it worked in the previous one, so I really can't imagine it here.

2012-08-02 18:02:24

Hi I have a little problem.
I'm using windows vista 64 bit, the latest version of BGT and of battle zone as well. I tryed to start the game and the intro sound plays for one or two seconds, and than the game exits. Can you help?
Thanks

2012-08-05 22:57:25

Can anyone help me out with this problem i posted? It's weird because in older Versions of the game, the 12.x Versions, all worked fine for me.

2012-08-05 23:45:36

hmm, I don't know why it would do this. Did you open the game from the play the awesome game item in the start menu?