2012-06-01 01:31:37

I know, the topic name isn't that exciting, but I am excited to release this new version, for a variety of reasons:
1: the game is compiled. Thanks to harolst for buying me a lite license for bgt, it's all compiled, and you can remove the mandate for the bgt engine from the game review.
2. I reverted back to the old pit code so now you can hear all the pits. I had to temporarily remove muhammad's soundpack because that is what caused me to mess with the pit code in the first place, but I'll have it in, probably in the next version I release.
3. I fixed the bombs. Before, they were choosing random enemies to kill, even if those enemies were dead. Now, it's smarter and only kills off living enemies. You will also be warned if all your enemies are dead, but you can still waste bombs, though after you use one, you'll be warned about your enemies being dead.
4. You can now choose to have the game be voiced by your screen reader. I don't think I put in the keyhook for jaws, but it's easy enough to put it in sleep mode. I'll do that later, and the keyhook causes problems when you alt-tab away from battle zne anyway, so sleep mode is a more foolproof solution than the hook.
5. Made the autopilot smarter. I've tested it and it can play all the way up to level 6, though it's no match for an alert human player with a pair of ears. I'll work on making the algorithms better.
Note: at the time of this writing, dropbox told me 36 minutes left. YOu will have to be patient!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-06-01 01:59:55

hello there,
umm, you know, first I wanna say congratulations for the bgt license that you've got
I have a question
is the game still open source or what?
cause you are not going to put the code if you compiled the game, right?
I've know idea, cause you haven't posted the link yet.

2012-06-01 02:20:08

well it's ready now. te link ishttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/8252087/battle%20zone/setup.exe
same as old.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2012-06-01 04:01:22

good one key!
keep up your great work man!
I'll download it soon.
and anyway, can you add the final fight(the third boss) if you want it?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2012-06-01 04:04:06

hi friend.
Link does not work.
congratulations, great game.
I always liked playing this game.
thanks

2012-06-01 07:02:55

yeah
the link is all on one line
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8252087/battle%20zone/setup.exe

2012-06-01 08:09:44

hi all
i m instaling battle zone
and i m pres play but.
File: C:\Program Files\battle zone\classes.bgt
On line: 29 (1)
Line: sound_pool hurt;
Error: Identifier 'sound_pool' is not a data type

File: C:\Program Files\battle zone\classes.bgt

waht i have to do?
thank you

2012-06-01 13:12:42

It appears you are not using the latest version of bgt.

2012-06-01 13:31:29

Hi,
Are the eSpeak scenes still in? please, don't remove them. if you ever get real actors please allow the original to be heard still because I still laugh at them and in a good way, I actually enjoy the humour they present. People may say that they should be done by a human, but I just think this way, just makes the game more arcade-like, and more of a good light-hearted romp.
Also, will the story ever be finished?

2012-06-01 16:02:41

hey key, I actualy worked on your autopilot file before, but never posted it. here are the changed things:
1. the pc'll jump furder.
2. now the autopilot waits for blades
3. no longer the bug what caused the autopilot to duck for ever
4. more stuff, cann't remember
here is the link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34600650/autopilot.bgt
importand notice! I didn't test this thing with version 13.x from the game, its only tested with 12.8.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2012-06-01 18:06:46

but i have
bgt 1.1

2012-06-01 23:59:14

Hi,
You said it was compiled, so not having the latest version of BGT is totally irrelevant.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2012-06-02 02:15:54

oh, I know what was wrong, swwaakkee did not start the correct version. The folder is named battle zone 13, not battle zone

2012-06-02 09:07:48

hi
mmm...
and waht i have to do?

2012-06-02 13:07:15

you need to open up the battle zone 13 folder and run ss.exe

2012-06-02 13:30:07

In this version, my SAPI engine doesn't work during playing. It speaks the main menu, but when I start the game, SAPI doesn't speak anything. Even if I get items such as extra lives, SAPI still doesn't speak. Does anyone know why?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2012-06-02 17:56:02

Yay, downloading now.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-06-07 07:47:44

cool cool i'll do a review of it smile big_smile

"I will confess my humanity. I have been named a monster, and do not deny those claims. I am the monster that I fear we all can become."

2012-06-24 16:36:08

Thank you! Well I managed to get sapi back by restoring the computer to factory defaults and stuff, but I'll love having NVDA readint stuff in the game.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2012-06-24 16:39:33

Hi ukio,
Your sapi doesn't speak, because your screen reader speaks the game. Sapi is only used for menus. So keep your screen reader loaded.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-06-29 11:38:38

Hi,

Key, there's a big bug. When I press home or end to increase/decrease ambience volume, a runtime index out of bounds error apears. Can you fix this please?
Thanks

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2012-06-29 16:49:42

hi key.
your link is not working. Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
can someone elce pleace upload it, ore do you know fore how long time the link is down?
anyway, good game man! big_smile

2012-06-29 17:49:59 (edited by gamefighter 2012-06-29 17:52:52)

Hi,

I'm uploading the file right no. I'll post the link, but it may not work because he's uploading yet. He says 16 min remaining.
Check the following link out from time to time:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/51474736/setup.exe
enjoy!

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2012-06-29 18:42:46

hi. thanks fore the link. now its time to play:)

2012-07-01 02:03:14

Hi I am having a problem playing battlezone. I have no sapi screen readers to load to play it. Is there some other way I could play it.