2012-04-20 15:28:19

Hi.
Okay, using the word "wining" in my earlier post probably took it to far, and I appollogise for that. It's just that I happened to be on Skype with Lauren as she saw this topic, so I experienced her reaction first-hand. That probably wounde me up to say what I did, since I also did several game walk-throughs with her and really enjoyed them and her controbutions to it.
That being said, I still don't see it as constructive chritisism to call her voice child-like, for (as mentioned before) there's nothing she can do about her voice and how it may or may not sound.
On the other hand, suggesting improvements for the game in terms of game play seems perfect, since this could be changed without hurting people's feelings.
I hope I'm making sense here.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-04-20 16:57:05

Okay, I have a lot to say here, so this post might be long. smile
@Nocturnus:
Don't worry, I'll be back some day. big_smile I liked being on there, but I've had so much to do lately, I just haven't had the time. Also, I know what you mean, I sometimes just want to never go on here again, but I would miss the forum too much if I left it completely.
@Tward:
Well, it's okay. However, like Brendan said, I do not like you calling my voice childlike, because, I can't change my voice, and it's going to be child like whether anyone likes it or not, because I'm 14 years old.
If anyone objects to me being on here because I'm childlike in my voice, I'll just not do voice recordings and put them on here. But that's okay.
@Brendan:
Thanks for making me feel better; not just in this post, but in all of them you've put on the topic. big_smile
BFN, but I'll be back soon.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-05-05 16:16:49 (edited by jack 2012-05-05 16:19:55)

Hi,
For those of you confused, an acending sound means that you guessed too low, and a decending sound means too high. Hope that helps. Also, Mohabid, I've edited your readme, so here it is with hopefully no mistakes in it.
Guess the number
Version 1.2
developer: foy group productions

1. the idea of ??the game.
2. the menus.
3. difficulty levels.
4. credits
5. what's new?
5,1:
what's new in v1.2
6. Contact Us.

1. the idea of ??the game:
The idea of ??the game is very simple
There is a secret number, and your goal is to try to guess this number.
when you Select a number, one of two things will happen:
the first one is
you Will hear an ascending sound
This means that the secret number is higher than the number you have chosen.
the Second one is:
you Will hear a descending sound
This means that the secret number is lower than the number you have chosen.

What is the secret number?
the number you're trying to find
try to look at  the difficulty  levels section for more information.

2. the Menus:
The whole game is basicly menu driven, so I'll describe the menus now.
the main Menu
a menu where you choose your difficulty level.
And the menu where you choose your number.
In all menus:
Use the up and down arrows to move between options, and the Enter key to Select an option.

Main Menu:
This menu contains the following items:
Start game.
This option will take you to the difficulty level menu

help
This option brings you into a menu with info about the game and how to contact us.
Exit:
kicks you out of the program, lol!

difficulty level menu:
If you select start game from the main menu, you'll see a list of the  difficulty levels
Easy:
Will take you to the easy level.
normal
Will take you to the normal level.
hard
Will take you to the hard level.

go back to main menu
Will return to the main menu.

3. Difficulty levels:
The game is not only guessing the number
No, there are difficulty levels as well
Each level becomes more difficult to guess the number.
The first level: Easy
At this level
the secret number is between 1 and 40
And you have 10 attempts.
The second level: normal
This level is more difficult than the easy level
the secret number is between 1 and 70
And you have 6 attempts.
the Third level: hard
This level is the hardest level in the game
the secret number is between 1 and 100, see if you can guess that!
And you have 3 attempts

if the number of the attempts goes to zero, it will end the game, and I will show you the secret number.
Good luck!
4. credits
we would like to say thank's to:
Lauren downie as a voiceover in some menus
Thanks Lauren for doing this.

also, we wanna say thank's to kevin weisi,
also known as Ghorthalon the Dragon  in the internet for doing the same thing.

we wanna say more than thank's if we can to: NS studios (nikola stojsic)
for making the game Music for us

last but not least, we wanna say thank's to every one who has played the game.
5. what's new?
5,1 what's new in v1.2?
Changed the menu Music
with a better one I think.
Changed the game Music
again, with a better one I think
thank's to nikola stojsic, NS studios  for making the game Music for us.
added: home and end keys to control the game Music volume.
added: help menu.
added: you can interrupt the logo and the intro by pressing enter
6. Contact Us:
If you have comments, questions or suggestions
Please contact us at:
e-mail:
[email protected]
best regards,
Jack

2012-05-10 09:07:25

I've just read this thread,
and, whatever people  may say, about voicing their opinions on laurens voice,
Well, since you all hate my voice so much, thank you for informing me that it's basically crap, bye. BTW, i'm not doing a walkthrough again, so you don't have to suffer from hearing my childlike voice again.

was hardly an adult response now was it?

2012-05-10 09:52:21

Interestingly enough, I agree with that statement, but I cannot expect everyone to be an adult on the site, thus only  hold those who I know are adults to it.  To expect someone who is 50 pounds to benchpress 300 would be ridiculous; to expect someone who is blind to drive a car meant for a sighted person is absurd, which is why we don't expect such things.

Before someone misinterprets what I just wrote, let me clarify something here and now; this site is governed by rules by which we all hold everyone, even ourselves accountable for, meaning that regardless of weather you are a child or adult, those rules must be followed, because, provided that you can read the rule and that you have some method by which you can ask for specifics about the written rule should you fail to understand it, there is no reason one should not be able to follow it.  This obviously goes far beyond the scope of this thread, but is here to explain the difference as to why in some instances I would expect adult actions and ignore it on others.  There was no rules broken here, just a mishmash and somewhat heated debate on what is harsh criticism and what isn't.

All that aside, it is true that Lauren's response was not adultlike, but even the best of adults forget what adultlike is, and many have different ideas/perspectives on the concept of adult behavior.  Lauren has actually come out here and to some extent admited that her statements were made out of emotional stress and hurt, even appologised for "being so annoyed,"  which is appology enough for me.  After receiving what I personally believed to be harsh criticism, I felt that Lauren needed assurance rather than a kick in the caboose as it were; further negativity is not always the answer, just as encouragement cannot always be the answer.  I went with what I read and delivered as best I knew how, which is my only defense to the above written posts.  Perhaps Dark and Arq and other moderators would have responded differently, but as I have stated above, this was not a case of moderation so much as a civil conflict.  Lauren did not, as far as I know, directly insult someone, and if she indirectly did, that someone has not come out and said anything.  Tward indirectly insulted someone without meaning to and has since appologised as best he can and feels is necessary, and everyone in this post threw their flame in to keep the fire burnning.  smile

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.