yes, after alot of fighting with dropbox
v1.2 is out
it's a long story, haha
but here is what's new:
Changed the menus Music
with a better one I think.
Changed the game Music
again, with a better one I think
thank's to nikola stojsic, NS studios  for making the game Music for us.
added: home and end keys to control the game Music volume.
added: help menu.
added: you can interrupt the logo and the intro by pressing enter

well, we would like to say thank's to:
Lauren downie as a voiceover in some menus
thank's to her for doing this thing to us.

also, we wanna say thank's to kevin weisi,
also known as Ghorthalon the Dragon  in the internet
to do the same thing what my friend Lauren has did

we wanna say more than thank's if we can to: NS studios (nikola stojsic)
for making the game Music for us

last but not least, we wanna say thank's to every one has try the game.

here

is

the link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18865556/Guess% … number.rar
hope it better than the first one
bye, I have school tomorrow, so I'll have to go to someone else called sleep.

2012-04-16 12:58:15

Hi,
Very nice!
If I may suggest 3 things:
After you are guessing, the game cursor always returns to the top of the number menu. I guess this is a BGT standard, however it can be really tedious to go down back to the previous number you guessed and then decide if you want to guess lower or higher. Either keys to jump 10 numbers back or forward, or to memorise the previous position would be great.
After you guess correctly, the background music is still playing. It should be stopped so that it won't get overlapped by the winning music.
And lastly, I think the fade of the menu music is a bit slow when you click on exit, in the main menu.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2012-04-17 23:21:18

Hi there,

The dynamic_menu class in BGT has an option to start directly at a given item, with or without speaking the intro again. Check out the run_extended method for these options.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2012-04-18 05:01:32

@robjoy
thank's for every word you've said
I'll try what you've said and put it in the next releese

@philip
I hope you can try the game, and I hope you like it

2012-04-18 07:11:23

Muhammad, I've just tried the game and I've got a few comments. Some things I liked and some things I didn't like so well. So here goes.

To begin with I'll start with the good news. I really liked the intro, the menu music, and I like the fact this guess the number game is not limited to a range of 1 to 10 as most Guess the Number type games are.

However, one thing that really annoyed me is when I guessed a number it gave me no indication if my choice was too high or too low. In a future update might I suggest letting the player know if his/her selection is too high or too low so they can make a more educated guess as to guess higher or lower?

The second issue I found was that the user documentation is full of grammatical errors. You might want someone to go over the document and rewrite it using proper grammar and punctuation. It looks very unprofessional, and I think should be rewritten.

The final issue is just me nitpicking. My apologies to the person in advance, but I'm not sure who voiced the main menu etc but he or she sounds like a little kid. Its better than a Sapi voice, but I'd prefer someone more adult sounding to do the voice overs. Perhaps the person who did the Help menu can do the rest of the game as well?

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-04-18 08:41:28

Tward... What about reading the whole post/readme, both the name of the person in the main menu and the sounds telling you about your guess are descriped... big_smile
BTW, I agree about the curser going back to the top is quite annoying... smile Especially if the game was timed.
Another thing that would be cool would be more of the menues recorded, SAPI can be rather irritation to listen to... big_smile Great game though... Keep working on it.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-04-19 21:06:17

hello every one
@tward
I am planning to do what you've said
rewrite the read me
and put down the girl in in the menus
and replace it with my voice or someone alse
cause a lot of my friends has told me about her voice

I hope the next read me has no grammar misstakes
I hate the grammar at all
but I'll try to do it if I can

but, it's not bad, big_smile

2012-04-19 21:33:26 (edited by bcs993 2012-04-19 22:04:42)

I've played he game.
On the voice for the main menus: not sure why some of you have problems with it, personally I think Lauren did a very good job with it.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-04-19 21:58:08

Well, since you all hate my voice so much, thank you for informing me that it's basically crap, bye. BTW, i'm not doing a walkthrough again, so you don't have to suffer from hearing my childlike voice again.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-04-19 22:12:16 (edited by bcs993 2012-04-19 22:12:52)

Very disappointed.
Someone else no longer willing to controbute to this community just because of some peoples wining and negative remarks all over.
Be glad she was willing! to do it in the first place (not everyone can and want to do these sort of things). And for free at that.
Doubt if I'll play this game again.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-04-19 22:26:11

@lauren
look at the reply number 5 and see what do you think?
+ a lot of my friends have said the same thing

2012-04-19 22:59:10

I doubt that thomas ward realized that it was a person on this forum who had done the voices. I think you should have cut him some slack. If I didn't read the firs tpost more carefully I may have criticized her voice as well. But it's ok. An dI don't think that Lauren should get so wrathful over one person telling her that she sounds like a little kid.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-04-19 23:05:09

Hi.

Well, I don't really mind Lauren in the main menu. It doesn't bother me a lot actually.
As to the game, I wasn't sure if my guess was too high or too low.
Also, when I up and down arrowed in the number list, the numbers were not spoken by sapi. This might be a problem with VW Kate, because I've noticed that the voice won't always read things made by BGT. I've tested it, and Sam, Mike, Mary, and probably other voices work fine.
I'm wondering if this error is caused by BGT?
If so, it's annoying and should be fixed.
Anyway, nice game, and I don't know why you guys are complaining about Lauren.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-04-19 23:30:26

hi
I'm not sure why she is angry
but, I know, Thomas didn't mean something wrong
he said only what he think.
about her voice, it's good, at least for me
of course, I'm not going to put it in the game if I don't like it, right?
but, that's what every one can think about her voice.

2012-04-20 01:19:49

Hi.

Sorry if what I said came accross as being rude or offending, I'm just not sure why you guys are complaining about her voice in the main menu.
I think it sounds ok, certainly not bad actually.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-04-20 07:43:52

Hi,
Thanks Cris. I appologise for being so annoyed, it's just I guess I've never liked my voice, and now someone says it's too childlike I feel critisised and hurt.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-04-20 08:03:09

I don't mind if your voice is in the game, it isn't bad or anything... smile
I still hope that people would read the whole post before they begin to say anything...

2012-04-20 09:33:23

the problem has died
don't hurt me, I mean, it's my turn Daddy
o god, I forgot to tell you, it's a good day to die, rofl

2012-04-20 10:05:15

Personally, I would like to see a little more appreciation for things that people do for other people for free in the community.  There are plenty of things that I don't necessarily agree with out here that are free, but they are still matters to which other people have contributed their voluntary time to fix up as best they could and knew how.

Of course the recordings and gameplay are not professional; he didn't hire professional actors, nor spend money to seek professional consulting on this project.  He simply went with what he had on hand and ran with it.  You don't go to a Mcdonalds and pay for the same meal there that you would get from your mother for free; it's a different place with a different environment and different standards, and, depending on your mother's cooking, you might like Mcdonalds better or you might not.

@Lauren,
I am absolutely sorry you had to endure this side of the community.  It is things like this that have actually set my mind into debate between trying harder and to simply running away at times.  With so very few of us in the community, I find it almost insulting that people will find the dirtiest corner of the room and milk it for everything its worth if they feel they themselves can do better either because they have the money, knowledge, or both to pull it off.  I miss you over on techtalk, and though you will probably never return, I hope you'll take that for what it is.  smile

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2012-04-20 10:12:22

Hey guys, I know I'm pretty new to the community, but I'd just like to say that I can totally see why Lauren was so hurt. I know I wouldn't like to contribute to something if everybody complained about the way I did whatever I did. As for complaining about her voice, I think that's really messed up. That's not something she can help. There's no way she can change her voice to make people happy. She just does the best she possibly can. @Lauren. I also miss you on TechTalk. You had alot of good ideas and points. I hope you'll decide to come back one of these days. It would be nice to have another girl on there again. lol

Rage

2012-04-20 11:28:50

well, looks like nocternus and nightrage said what it was I was planning to say.  I honestly don't know what to think of this community some times.
Lauren, I think its great that you volunteered to do this.  Plus, everyone hates their voice; well, most do anyways.
Personally though, I think tom's message got mis-interpreted or worded wrong, which is irritably a common and constant issue when writing in text.  sad
Just again, be thankful that people offer their services and are willing to help out, else we will! be stuck with MS anna and nobody wants that, right?
I know i'm no moderator but we sure don't need another flame war or anything of the sort. 
Sort it out guys.
Anyways, I'm gonna try this game now... big_smile

2012-04-20 12:09:11

That's why smilies are so nice... big_smile

2012-04-20 12:43:35

Lauren, my apologies for hurting your feelings. Please, understand I was attempting to give Muhammid some constructive criticism regarding his game. I was not setting out to intentionally hurt you or put you down.

As for your voice I didn't say I hated it. What I did say to Muhammid is that I would have prefered someone more adult sounding, and I thought that your voice sounded a little too childlike for the game. I'm not sure how I could have gotten that point across without hurting your feelings, but a game developer, voice actor, etc has to be willing to take constructive criticism when and where its given without getting upset.

As for those people who thought I was wining I did my best to constructively point out things that I liked and disliked about Muhammid's game. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the people who think I was wining think that any negative criticism good or bad is wining?

I don't know about you guys but I certainly know the difference between constructive criticism and outright wining. Constructive criticism is criticism given in the hopes that it will improve a person's performance, will improve a product, etc by giving the person alternative ways of doing something. I.E. I feel a different actor or actress would sound better in Guess the Number. Wining is stating a negative opinion without any attempt to give positive suggestions how that person might improve something. I.E. this sucks, I hate this, this product is crap, etc are all examples of wining.

Now, if you think I was wining please go back and reread my message. Was I actually wining by my definition of the word? If you think I was still wining I'd like to hear why. big_smile

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-04-20 13:08:36

I agree you were not whining.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-04-20 13:24:16

To suggest that something should be more professional without truly knowing the goal of the artist or artists in question, be they musicians, game devs or what have you does not seem overly constructive to me.  Though I believe that I am decent with music and sound editing and hold myself to high standards which I find myself meeting less than not, I would never hold others to those high standards without firstly knowing that the aim of their work was in fact, an atempt at professionality, and also, that I had an immense amount of credibility and reputation in achievements within the community and in whatever area it is I wish to constructively criticize.

Who knows?  Perhaps mohammad was doing this for fun, at which point, the idea of professionalism cancels out for me, at least.  Sure, it can make a game more enjoyable, but the fact that he even took the time to put something out for people to enjoy at all is more important than weather the item meets a professional standard.

AT any rate, I suppose that opening shop anywhere in this world subjects you to oppinions regardless weather you want them or not; politely agreeing to disagree, I probably would have phrased mine a little differently, but I shall not pretend that I am the best at articulating out on this forum, so that just as easily could have been me.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.