2012-04-01 19:47:20

Hi all,

This is my latest release. Working together with Pitermach, he did the sound design, I bring you March Massacre - Attack from Space.
Info and download page: dragonapps.org/marchmassacre
In March Massacre - Attack From space, you play as Jerry mcminn. On the 1st of april, 2355, everything starts to change, requiring you to stay on constant alert. Dive deep into the action, with high quality sound effects and music, downloadable content and more! A space invaders game which will change the way we think about them. With this new, revolutionary engine, I'm able to add, modify and remove content in the game, including bonus games, unlockables and much more, including new game modes.

BUT WHERE'S THE CATCH?

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-04-01 22:09:13

i'll give this a look and let you know what i think
well done again gorthalon!

2012-04-01 22:18:22

Hi,
Just had a play. It's quite a nice game! the potential for dlc is awsome too, I hope something happens!

2012-04-01 22:18:35

*Grins* Oh, you can thank me later, and then I'll say "You're welcome". Even now I will. I hope you enjoy the game!
Meanwhile, let's get back to what I was working on, which has been mentioned on the show. This, wasn't it. big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-01 22:30:56

nice game sir!
any ideas on any tts's i can get for 64 bit wondows 7?
e-speek works for some stuff but i cant select it as default from the control pannel

2012-04-01 22:59:19

Hi,

Well, I'm using the Ivona voices, they seem to work just fine.
Also, somehow, I am able to select ESpeak in my control panel, as the default voice. not sure how I managed that.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-01 23:26:08

wow! just, wow! i'll send you a pm soon.

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2012-04-01 23:37:58

Hmmm, My Computer tells me, that the game doesn't work correctly, when I try to start it. Windows is searching for a solution but seems to find none. I am using BGT 1.0 Is there maybe a newer version of BGT?

2012-04-01 23:46:26

Hi,

This game isn't written in BGT.
1. Make sure you have DirectX8 running. Higher might work, you just need DirectX.
2. Update your sound card, and graphics card drivers.

If those don't fix it, please let me know.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-01 23:58:59

am, how the health sistem works? i press h and it tells me that my health is 10, but then a few ships land and is still telling me that my health is 10, and keep playing, until i died, with 118 ships destroyed and 21 landed, but it told me that my health was 10... so i am confused.

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2012-04-02 00:00:41

Hi,

Health is when type-5 ships shoot you. Press L to find out how many ships landed. the game is over when either 21 ships landed, or your health goes below 0.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 00:14:21

I'll definitely check out this game!

As for the person who was wondering about the latest BGT, its actually at v1.1.

2012-04-02 00:16:58

Hi,

There are some secrets to this game. And if you look hard enough, tomorrow night you'll find them. I'm sure!

Thanks to everyone who said they liked the game. smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 00:26:28

What do you mean with "tomorrow night"? Are you gonna post something releated to 'em?

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-04-02 00:26:47

Ok, I checked my drivers and my Direct X and all of them are up to date. I tried to start the game several times, but most of the time it just doesn't do anything. Sometimes I get the message from windows about searching for a solution. I am using Windows 7 64 bit on a notebook.

2012-04-02 00:30:37

Hi,

I'll release and publish every single secret about this game tomorrow night. smile

That is odd. Either your DirectX doesn't work properly, can you try reinstalling?
Or, maybe, your graphics card is not working properly. I will come up with a fix for that. But try reinstalling first. Also, make sure it's extracted and all the files are in place.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 00:47:38

Ok, I reinstalled DirectX, but when I try to run the game, it just happens nothing. I checked my sound and grafic drivers and I have the most recend versions. Seems that my PC doesn't like that particular game.

2012-04-02 01:22:17

Hi,

Let's find out exactly what is causing the problem. Please download Debug.exe
And tell me what it says, when you run it.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 02:41:00

I was looking forward to this. Downloading now! Hay my computer, finish downloading!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2012-04-02 02:43:18

hey man! that's a very nice little game, i played the first time
and lost in the 4th part of the storyline, when i played it for the second time i used a
different strategy and managed to beat it! i won't spoil the fun for now, i'll wait for you to
do it :D
i'll just give a help for those having a hard time with the game
spoiler!space!
charging the laser isn't always the best thing to do

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2012-04-02 03:00:46

Hi,

Haha. It is. Rapid fire seems to work in most cases.

If you have problems, run the debug.exe file and tell me what it says. This way, it's much easier to figure out.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-04-02 04:00:57 (edited by nyanchan 2012-04-02 04:02:13)

I noticed:
When a ship appears, the sound is played before the game set its volume.
I reached the fifth part, and I'm dead. Hmm, difficult but interesting.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2012-04-02 09:31:47

Thats extremely strange. When I tried to run the debug.exe, there happened just nothing. It is the same, when I try to start the game. I even redownloaded the whole game and reinstalled it, But nothing changed.

2012-04-02 11:40:04 (edited by brad 2012-04-02 12:06:48)

Hi.
i can run the game but when i run it the music plays and it says main menu but it doesn't apear. what i mean is the game is running but the window isn't there.
hmm maybe i'll restart my computer and see what happens.
lets see.
i'll edit this post when i restarted my computer.
/edit/
nope no difference. it runs but the window doesn't show.
/edit 2/
i tryed thedebug program and it says everything seems to run fine.
hmm is it normal not to have a readme in the programs folder.
/edit 3/
i reinstalled the game and checked the creat desctop icon tick box. but still no difference.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-04-02 12:30:04

try alt tabbing around, it sometimes doesn't appear straight away.