2012-02-21 01:11:01 (edited by Manu 2012-02-21 01:31:46)

Pontes Duel 2.0 is ready.

Now you can play with computer, you can hear messages through screen readers, you can play new rounds like Tanks and Spear Riding Horses.

Clicking next link, you can hear a demonstration of all 7 rounds and of the chat when the game is paused.
Download Pontes Duel 2.0 Demonstration, MP3, size 8 MB

What's new in 2.0:

1. Added Games with Computer, 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Hard and Almos Impossible.
2. Aded two new rounds: Tanks and Spears Riding Horses.
3. The background sounds differ from a round to other.
4. Pressing F2 or P the game is paused; press F2 or Control + P to resume.
5. It's possible to choose what to play: All rounds, Random rounds, or only one type of round.
6. When the game is paused, you can talk with your partner. Press Enter to send a text, F5 and F6 to repeat last 2 messages from your partner. Press backspace to delete the last character or Control + Backspace to delete the entire message written.
7. Added support for screen readers. If a screen reader is opened, the messages will be spoken via it, otherwise the message will be spoken via SApi5.

Download and read the manual

Download the Game, Pontes Duel, size 8,30 MB

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!

2012-02-21 01:46:31

this is awesome, thank you! I've been waiting for this.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2012-02-22 13:19:28

That tanks are cooll! But I'm always loozing when I play the easy dificulty.

2012-02-22 22:48:07 (edited by Manu 2012-02-22 22:49:23)

Do you lose also in Tanks round? I can not lose there in Easy level.
Maybe it would be good an easier level...

Emanuel Boboiu

2012-02-22 23:12:22

This is just great! really liking this version. A couple ideas:
-It'd be nice to have an option to set a target end score. The default of 10 is OK, but not for quick sessions, when sometimes it'd be nice to set it lower to, like, 5.
-An option of choosing a custom round set, right now it's either all, random (which is like all but not in a specific order), or a single round. It'd be nice to be able to pick out the rounds we want to play (EG, the revolver ones, the sniper and the tank are my favourite, so I wouldn't mind being able to play just those particular rounds against someone.
-When someone joins you when you're hosting, I think it should announce who actually joined. Just today I played someone who was curious who I was and where I was from, but said person had to ask me via chat, because he didn't get tolled, and neither of us knew about w.
So, I guess that'd be all. Keep up the great work!

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2012-02-23 10:39:57

I have some ideas and questions.
1 idea would be for you to be able to chat in the surver menu, somehow, kinda like how you can chat in the rsgames client even out of a game so that you could ask someone to join you.
Either that or add a feature to check who's on, along with a feature that displays a message saying so and so has hoasted a game, or so and so is looking for a game in the main menu when someone does that.
2 I wish that the computer would miss, or not always attack in time, because right now, it's basicly jusst run back then run forward and attack, and who ever attacked first and got a shot in wins, or alot of the time especially with the swords, it's a draw.
Can't the computer miss judge, or stand a second, doing nothing till you moove, so then it knows where you are, just like a real player.
Also if you reload or fire, then the computer should attack, but because those are small, usually 1 time sounds, it should have a pretty good chance to miss until you attack it or run around.
Because there's  barely anyone on, and alot of the times I've got to play the computer, and it gets vary boaring vary quickly.
I suggest playing a few people, studying how they play, and then trying to make the computer more like that.
I know there's a language barrier, but  talk to aprone about how to make really fun and chalenging AI'S.
I love the game, but some of the sounds could be louder, and the computer needs to sound totally different when it runs then you do, because changing the pitch doesn't make it easy to find them, and if your running together, the computer will get you first usually because the sounds blended and because you were either chasing it or running away, you couldn't hear it well till it was too late.
O, and I think that the reload key should be left control, it's much more fare that way, because the computer reloads faster, not having to reach over and hit enter with the left hand, or slide up with the right and rapidly hit the enter key.
The left control makes sense if your using the arrows.
O, and hopefully there can be a sound put in for when you can reload, because it slows you down having to keep hitting reload instead of mooving.
And actually, left control should be fire, and left shift or alt should be reload, that way you don't have to pause for a second to reload while running, giving the computer or other player a chance to strike you several times.
Just thought I'd also say that vary often, in fact most of the time that I find someone to connect too, there name is listed as http error, request timed out, in the connect menu, and I can't connect with them.
Or other times there name isn't spoken, it's just an empty space that has no speech in the menu that I can't connect too.

2012-02-23 11:47:30

wow, epic update!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-02-23 11:51:15 (edited by Manu 2012-02-23 11:52:24)

Hi Pitermach,
You suggestions are clear and in 2.1 at least target score and the announcing of your partner's name will be implemented.

Hi Defender,
Of course, anytime it's possible to improve the AI. Maybe I will work more to it, but this game was first intended to be played online. It's true that easy level is too difficult.
About keys used in game... maybe the best thing would be to be possible to choose them. Don't forget, mouse is also allowed.
It's impossible to talk in chat from menus, like in Playroom or RS Game's, this is a game where the server is created by one player, not on a centralized server.
If a http Error appears, it means your connection is not so good, and in that moment computer doesn't find the server where is the join database. For me HTTP Error never appeared. If someone is found there as a host and the client connection doesn't succeed, it means he or she hasn't the router set properly, port 9995 UDP must be forwarded to the computer where the game is installed, and the firewall must allow the game; these two conditions must be met in order to host a game.

Thanks for suggestions, I hope this game will be improved soon.

Since Monday morning, about 7000 rounds were played.

Emanuel Boboiu

2012-02-23 20:07:27

Thanks dude! I'm gonna download this game, and if anyone wants me to review it, just ask.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-02-24 20:35:10

this game is fun!
One request though, and I know this could be a bit contravirtual.,.. but could this game possibly be made so the sounds can be modded? I can see many cool soundpacks being developed, more realistic weapons and stuff, maybe retro versions of weapons, and new weapons too.

2012-02-24 21:02:24

If you have sound for better weapons, steps and others, you can send them to me via e-mail.
However, I have on my to do list the possibility to add new rounds by yourself.
Just wait for new versions.

Emanuel Boboiu