2012-01-15 10:07:41 (edited by burak 2012-01-15 10:08:16)

Hi,
Title says it. I am wondering, do windows audio themes slow my computer down? Thanks.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-15 10:42:50

hello.
depends on the thiem you are useing,your pc's configration,etc. some thiems are known to slow down some pc's,indeed. never happened to me though,once when I was useing a sorta thiem for a little.
grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-01-15 19:55:22

Hi,

Never seem to slow it down for me. But then again, this is a power box, I wouldn't notice. big_smile And I do notice even the slightest of lag in BlackSquare, that's why I fixed it in the next up coming version.

I've been using a non-standard audio theme for years. Either it be Andre Louis', or one of my own manufacture. It never seemed to be that much of a problem.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-01-15 23:07:48

Not usually. Most Audio themes are comprised of small sound clips like beeps, dings, and so on. Any modern processor should be able to handle an audio theme fairly well. The only case where it might effect performance is if someone goes overboard and uses a lot of high quality sounds that are long or very large. Then, you might see some performance lag, but in the main no.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-01-16 14:06:31

Thank you for the answers. I was noticed a small lag on my computer, so I gave up using my favorite theme, instead I used the default one. But, now I use my favorite theme again, there's no problem for me too. Thanks for your answers again!

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-17 14:13:21

can you suggest nice themes to use because i'm bored of the default ones?

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-18 03:47:21

Hi,

Sure. You can find desktop themes at various places on the net. Try the database at themeworld.com for probably one of the largest database of custom PC desktop themes.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-22 10:33:10

ot
Okay sorry for the off topic question, but how do you change the audio themes on windows? Do you just copy the folder to somewhere in case you want the old sounds back, and then put your new sounds........ Wait! I don't know what I am trying to say!

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-01-22 14:48:02

Hi,

You change the desktop theme by going into the theme manager in control panel. Where and how you do this depends on what version of Windows you are using as the control panel in XP is different from Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-22 15:26:53

I am using xp

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-01-22 16:04:02

You go to audio affects or something from the control panel. Then, go to the second tab, then there you go change it to what ever.