2012-01-13 18:00:21

hi to all computer users.
I have seen bad news about mozilla firefox.
now, it is updated to version 9.0, and webvisum is not supported!
I accidentaly downloaded the update, and, the result is... um... fuck!
I checked the add ons list, it says:
webvisum 0.9.1 disabled.
sad

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2012-01-13 18:54:56

Hi hanif.
you might want to get rid of that "bad word" i personaly don't mind it but others will tel you off for putting it there but i can see why they would.
so maybe you could put something like damn in sted of f***k.
but apart from that great post and buy the way your english riting is very good just so you know.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-13 18:57:31

I have said it time and time again. The more firefox is updated, the more inaccessible it will become.

2012-01-13 19:18:14

Hey,
I had helped someone with this issue, but the topicgot deleted earlier.
Go to webvisum.com and get the latest webvisum from the site.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2012-01-14 01:11:17

The latest version of firefox is perfectly accesible with nvda, just not with jaws.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-14 01:30:33

Yeah, I am running Firefox 9 with NVDA 2011 and it works fine.

As for certain plugins a lot of that just comes down to making sure all of your plugins are up to date. If it isn't compatible with the version of Firefox you are running chances are there will be an updated plugin available or one will be made in short order.This isn't Mozilla's fault, but the fault of the developer who maintains that particular plugin.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-01-14 03:06:08

I am using Firefox 9 and for me, webvisum works quite well.

When you have problems with newer versions of Firefox and webvisum. just install the Add-on Compatibility Reporter. Thats an add-on for Firefox that allows older add-ons to run even when firefox thinks they would not work properly with the newest version.

2012-01-14 12:12:21

hi,
sorry about that bad word.
and where can I get add-on compatibility reporter?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2012-01-14 12:34:55

Perhaps a conversion to NVDA is in order. I have it on my other laptop but have no problems using google chrome and jaws 12 right now. For the captchas and web vism though, i may consider.

2012-01-14 14:38:38

hi all!
finaly, I got the add ons compatibility reporter for firefox and the result is working properly!

2012-01-14 15:11:50

hi.
i know at that moment i'm very angry and I should not say this,
but I still want to say that
firefox stinks like a big smelly poop!
loads!

that's because i cant find a possible solution of the bug that causes my computer crashing whenever i go to youtube.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-14 21:36:10

Hi,

Yes, the add-on compatibility reporter is a nice little add on for Firefox that allows you to maintain backward compatibility with older plugins. I wish I thought of it sooner, but with it Firefox is definitely a decent web browser.

Sid, calling Firefox crap because it crashes on Youtube is totally unwarrented. I watch quite a bit of stuff on Youtube myself without crashes or error. My guess is either your Adobe plugin is out of date, or perhaps your version of Firefox needs to be updated. Either way there is something specific to your machine and configuration causing the problem rather than this being a global problem with Firefox.

Finally, as for NVDA vs Jaws I've actually switched to NVDA full time myself. Its a decent screen reader considering the fact it is free, supports almost as many apps as Jaws, and it works great. I highly recommend it for people who haven't tried it yet.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-14 22:54:19

@Sid: witch Version of Jaws and Firefox are you using? The Firefox versions over 3.6 are not working correctly with Jaws. That is a Problem witch jaws causes because they didn't update their compatibility with Firefox intime.

I know your Problem. When you open a webpage with Flash, like Youtube, the hole machine freezes and jaws does not talk any more.

You could change to NVDA witch would probably work without problems. The other way is, to google for an old Firefox version. Take version 3.6 and Jaws shouldn't have any problems. But it is an old version and has some security Problems and maybe some other Plugins are not working correctly.

2012-01-15 06:40:43

Hi,

The latest Adobe Flash Player plugins can be found on
http://www.adobe.com
along with the latest Adobe Reader for pdf files.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-15 09:07:01 (edited by sabrina 2012-01-15 09:08:50)

Let's make an upsloadof an old settup and not upgrade to this new version. WebVisum is worth to live!

Edit: Sorry if what I wrote got a little incoherent. I'm just so upset.

I live to crochet!

2012-01-15 15:45:37

If you try the latest version of google chrome, and the latest version of jaws 12. You will be just fine. There is even a chrome accessibility guide. Its called research my friends lol.

2012-01-16 00:13:57

sabrina, why are you upset? I'm running Firefox 9 and I'm not having any issues with it. As has been said before if you are having difficulty with a certain plugin you can either A, get a newer version of the plugin, or B, you can install an additional plugin like add-on compatibility  reporter that will help Firefox 9 work with older plugins. By and large its not wise to install older versions of the web browser as the new version contains bug fixes and security updates that are a good idea to have.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-16 01:21:34

But what about us Jaws users? I own the full version of Jaws 11, and running Firefox 3.5. I did try to use 9.0 or whatever, and it didn't read anything. I don't just want to uninstall Jaws . I paid $3000 or something to get it. If Firefox would make their updates more accessible, we wouldn't have to stick with 3.5!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-16 01:54:54

@blindcool I know that it can be very annoiing to have paid lots of mony for Jaws and than not to be able to use important programs like the firefox. But believe me: Firefox is perfectly accessible. The problem lies at the side of freedom scientific and their update policy.

However, you could easily install NVDA only for use with Firefox. For most of all the other average programs, jaws works fine.

2012-01-16 02:24:47

Thanks. Two screen readers on one computer? Is that normal? I have to say, it would be cool to have the latest version of Firefox and find out what all the fuss is about with this NVDA.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-16 08:53:09

Hi,

As has been said earlier the problem isn't with Firefox itself, but with the Freedom Scientific upgrade policy. The price of the screen reader prevents their customers from upgrading and thus obtaining essential updates necessary for running newer apps like Firefox 9. A free and open source solution like NVDA ends up being more beneficial than Jaws in the long run because not only is its approach to accessibility different, but because of the price it costs you nothing to get updates. This allows users like me to use new and bleeding edge applications, but I am able to keep my screen reader up to date as well.

So if you want to know why users of Jaws, Window-Eyes, Super Nova are abandoning their commercial screen readers in droves the answer is very simple. NVDA has reached the point where it is a very low cost access solution, that is comparable to a commercial screen reader, and costs you nothing to own. It regularly gets updated twice a year, and the scripts/modules are all written in Python which means you don't have to take an expensive class to learn how to extend the functionality of the screen reader. Although, Eloquence doesn't ship with NVDA for legal reasons there is a free update package being passed around that gives you Eloquence support. With all these features it makes Jaws an overly priced access solution that has little to no advantages over NVDA  for $1200 or whatever the current price is. Most of us are willing to settle for NVDA, because what features or advantages you get with Jaws aren't worth the price to own and upgrade.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-16 13:28:25

@blindcool Should be no problem at all to install jaws and NVDA both on the same machine. Dont't run them at the same time for you will get some voice chaos, but when you wont to try the newest Firefox or other programs jaws does not work with, just quite jaws and open NVDA.

2012-01-16 15:47:17

you know, the blind school in which i study gives each blind student jaws cd on a very low cost.

around 30 cents that is, currency difference, you know.

they give the setup, plus some files to paste in the directory after installing, and you are done, lol.

well, I dont know what would you call it, but it may fit in the matter of charity, lol!

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-16 16:08:02

It sounds more like a cracked version. Jaws uses online activation, not copy and paste files. Jaws' activation is tied to each individual computer so copying and pasting activation files wouldn't even work, the files would be different for every computer.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2012-01-16 16:23:02

I get jaws for free so, i'm not particularly complaining. Money has a way of driving people away lol. I love NVDA as well, and i have it on my netbook and just installed it on this computer.