2012-01-11 19:37:44

Hi.
Sometimes when visiting the forum, i've noticed that sometimes i have to relog in, even though i have the remember me checkbox checked. This is not a big issue, but can sometimes get annoying, because i sometimes have to hit the login link, and it sometimes gets frustrating.
Does anyone know what's wrong?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2012-01-15 18:24:17

Yes, that problem acurres me too.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-02-13 16:58:22

I've also encountered that one. It is irritating as I wonder why I don't see any new posts links and it takes me about a minute to figure it out.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2012-02-13 18:47:17

As i'm not an admin, i'm not sure about this one. I always just login every time i open the forum, i never ask it to remember my login info.

2012-02-13 20:34:03

I am an admin, and I'm not sure either, or at least I'm not sure it's a board problem.

The log in status when you click "remember me" is stored in your cookies, in ie there are settings that control this in the security and in the auto complete pages, so if your losing it, it's possible that is getting deleted. usually after deleting my web history I have to log in again myself, but that's just how things work.

There are certainly no admin settings pertaining to this system, it's part of punbb automatically, ---- as I said I use it myself and other than when updating history it tends to work fine.

Then again, there was a period when it refused to work at all, i think due to some changes microsoft had made to ie at the time, so I think it's just another case of microsoft's insane security, that our old mod Cx2 once described as putting five locks on your door then leaving the key outside under the mat big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-13 23:27:47

WEll i think it is an internet explorer problem on my end, because it does that with other sights as well, though i don't remember accedently deleting anything.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2012-02-14 00:01:58

I'm %95 sure that it's an ie problem with the storage of cookies, not a board problem.

As I said, there was an occasion when it decided to stop working for me too, even though i hadn't deleted anything, and even now I'm occasionally asked to log in. I'm not sure if ie automatically clears cookies or something like that, but it might be. You might try monkeying about in the auto complete and security pages of  your ie settings and seeing if that helps.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-02-26 14:50:02

I have had this problem as well. It Does get quite Annoying.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce