2012-01-08 23:16:16

Hi,
I am trying to sinc my iPod, but due to my laptop's misshap a while back, [see my topic on laptop problems for information], I kept having to take my iPod lead out of my computer before it had finished sincing. Now, it takes ages to sinc, and stays at step one of 5 for at least an hour. Also, I have lost a few songs on my iPod, which I am really sad about sad, and if anyone could help I would be very very greatful!!!!!!!!
Please help?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-08 23:50:14

Without looking at the other topic, mostly due to the condition of lazyness, i'm going to guess right off of the bat that it is a hardware issue. If your laptop has suffered any kind of damage, effecting the USB part of your computer, or any internal damage, there probably won't be much you can do besides getting it repaired or using another computer.

2012-01-09 00:18:35

Hi,
@arqmeister: if I'm not mistaken, her laptop heats up and then she has to take the iPod out before the sinc is complete.
Is it then possible that the iPod, or the data on it, can be damaged in a way if the sinc is interrupted, resulting in a future sinc taking longer?
The only selution I can think of, which isn't very much, is to take the laptop back to who ever produced it, so that they can look in to why it keeps overheating.
However, I've no idea how to make the iPod sinc normally again, without having to restore all it's orrigenal settings.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-09 14:56:32

Exactly. My thoughts exactly. If its overheating, it must be some kind of internal ware and tare.

2012-01-09 18:50:52

Oh great. That's my iPod dammaged. sad

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-01-16 12:01:15

It could just be your laptop being damaged, which isn't much comfort sadly. It's possible the heat is making your processor attempt to slow down to try and cut down on the heat, or has just damaged it somehow. Unless it only happens when you plug in your iPod in which case it sounds like there's too much current flowing through the USB, this could be either due to damage to the USB systems in your laptop so that it sends too much current or damage to your iPod making it draw too much current.

Try attaching your iPod to another computer, if this has no issues it would seem that it's the computer at fault.

Hope this helps.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2012-01-16 12:05:12

Thanks CX2!

2012-01-16 16:38:42

Good to see you back if only for a while CX2!

2012-01-16 17:45:44

Yeah, it is.