2012-01-06 22:59:06 (edited by blindncool 2012-01-08 00:31:13)

Ok. You might have seen this topic before, but I tried to delete it. Well, out of guilt, I am recreating it. I want to know if there are any sites for free audiobooks. Any URL'S and links are appreciated.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-07 14:40:26

there's one called
http://www.podiobooks.com
pretty good books on there,and no hasel at all
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-01-07 21:35:39 (edited by blindncool 2012-01-08 00:33:52)

Thanks dude. I'll try it out. BTW, if you didn't read it on my captcha thread, the webvisum faq is where you read that the webvisum isn't being ported to IE. I wish it was though. p.s, I don't have itunes. Is there anywhere I can get it?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-08 06:28:53 (edited by grryfindore 2012-01-08 06:29:42)

hi.
I read the topic,and even replyed to it.hahaha. as for itunes you could download it from many different sites just google for download itunes. I've never really used it myself,suppose should give it a go.
grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-08 07:19:24

Thanks! I asked because podiobooks, the servicde you recommended uses only podcasts. Thanks though. I'm still gonna check it out!

2012-01-08 08:17:09

ahoy,
you can download those podcasts file as well,or get the feed into a pod catcher

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-08 08:20:40

What on earth is a pod catcher?

2012-01-08 12:25:31

hello.
a poddcatcher as they are known,can be used to download various podcasts via a rss or xml feed. podiobooks have rss feeds for most of their podcasts,I believe
one example of an accessible podcatcher is Accessible Podcatcher.:d
here's the link to it
http://www.webbie.org.uk/accessiblepodcatcher/index.htm
HTH,grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2012-01-09 00:32:20

Thanks, dude!

2012-01-09 03:56:04

Hi.
i thought that podeo books were really bad. but i listened to some and there actually really good and free and they are very good sound quolaty to.
oh and the bad books i don't no where they come from but what i do no is there on klango a lot. i think there called livry vox or something like that. i could be rong though if i amrite. do not listen to tthem, the sound quolaty is rubbish and the people who read seriesly nead to get a new job or try to put more infuseasum into the books they are reading.
sorry for the bad spelling.
hahaa i lost most of my text files and some audio books and now i come across  these ones.
hmmm strange. lol.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-01-09 06:18:19

I know. Heard about your little computer incident. LOL! Well the joke's on you, brad. This windows la-ptop is new! I didn't lose anything, and that's because I don't screw with things I don't understand! LOL!

2012-01-17 16:25:18

Sorry about being late posting here, didn't notice this one when I checked the other day. Do remember that PodioBooks is more of an archive site for people's podcast books, they don't generally make them themselves. Here's a few sites for people who make the stuff themselves, some of which appear on podiobooks once complete. PodioBooks only accepts completed books.

www.darkerprojects.com
Mostly audio dramas but some good stuff still. In particular try the Byron Chronicles. Some of it has a mild horror feel, very occasional bad language but not usually much.

www.leviathanchronicles.com
Sort of a hybrid book and drama in a way, it's an audio drama with a narrator. Quite a few references thrown back and forth between this and Byron. Strong language is present so you have been warned. Think of it as a more sci fi version of Atlantis in a way. The backstory about the founding of Leviathan itself I found pretty cringeworthy but the rest of the story is well worth it, just grit your teeth through the author mauling history. People from the US probably won't even notice the maulage in any case.

www.scottsigler.com
Books read by the author. Horror with a hard science fiction theme. Extreme and frequent strong language. Extreme and frequent violence and gore. The author's post-episode ramblings, removed from the archived PodioBooks versions, are almost worth it on their own. He has delusions of world domination. I particularly liked the one about him using Ireland as a missle base in case Europe fails to provide the required tithe of hot goth schoolgirls once his takeover of the world is complete.

Also while they're not free a subscription from Audible is a pretty decent deal. For the price of one unabridged commercial audio book you can generally get 3 or 4 months of membership, with one book a month including those expensive audio books. Especially great for Terry Pratchett fans. The address depends on your country of course, there are different branches in different countries. Try www.audible.com and see if you can find the right page for where you are. That's the US site so since the original poster is from Texas that one will work for him.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2012-01-20 21:11:08

Thanks guys. Anyone know where I can get ITunes? I've tried apple's main site, but most are autodownload. My browser doesn't allow that, so I need a direct link.