2011-10-26 19:19:22

Just letting you guys know that the download link for acefire, if i am spelling that game rite, is down.
Rob.

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2011-10-26 23:51:56

Hi Rob,

Please look into my Thread called "Acefire somewere?"
There is a Link.
Greetings,
gamefighter

Check me out on soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/gamefighter

2011-10-26 23:57:58

Hi,

Since I had those 10 seconds to go grab the link, and press download myself actually, Here it is! Enjoy!

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-10-27 00:34:38

wow, all you guys on thees forams are just so helpfull. You clear things up if i have problems with games, you told me what to do when i had to get a pc with win 7 what with all the components i needed to get that wasnt included in win 7, and everything worked for me! or even if i need help with instalation snaggs that i may have with a game, i know i can come here to ask and get help! I just wanna say, Thanks everyone for your help, you have been real awesome to me!

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2011-10-27 00:38:47

Hi,

Well, I haven't been here for that long. Well, I have, but I've never been active at all. However, you're mostly welcome. This is what we're here for, to help each other! smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-10-29 09:40:44

You're welcome. But I haven't helped much.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-11-01 12:57:08

Thanks for the link everyone. As I said in the acefire thread I'm stil not sure whether the game is complex enough to count as! a game for the database or not, sine though the sounds and music are good, the game itself has very litle content as there are very few actions you can perform at any given time and generally how things go is pretty randomized.

I'm actually considdering whether I should remove it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-01 13:55:56

Hi,

True, however I think personally you could leave it in. Playing online can be fun, and it does kill time somewhat. Like... 5 to 10 minutes.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-01 14:27:51

Hmmm, I'm not sure. My concern is that people will think that acefire is an acceptable standard of games and start submitting bgt games made like it and wanting pages for them.

I'd hate to see a hole bunch of acefire clones turn up. Afterall, when acefire was first made there was no bgt and hus anyone who made a game it probably got an entry by default.

any other thoughts?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-01 15:26:43

Hi,

I agree. However, how many of the user-submitted and coded BGT games have an entry in the list?
That's why we have the forums, to share all of those!
And, a clone is a clone, just like all those space invaders. Now that I mention those, I should code my own with a twist to it. Lol. Wonder how many would actually play it.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-01 18:44:58

Well thanks for the hosting gamefighter, I'll update the link in the database and put information on new hosting of the game.

As to clones ghorthalen, well I've spent all this afternoon draughting some submission guidelines to state what we expect in a game worthy of getting a database entry, so hopefully that should stop people submitting example games for inclusion in the database, and I will admit that acefire does have good sfx and music even if gameplay is severely lacking.

2011-11-01 21:00:05

Hello,

Putting a 'Game Submission' form to the homepage, and linking a 'Game submission Guideline' page to it, will be definitely the best solution to such problems. Nevertheless, the guidelines should be drafted as plain as possible, in order to avoid any potential complaints. Sharing a game in this forum is okay, but the game database should be kept separate from the forum, and only the elite games should be included into the database. Any disagreements? tongue

All my best,
SplendidFault

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2011-11-01 22:42:58

Hi splendidFault.

I'm working on the guidelines now.

A formal submission form might be an idea, but the only problem is the games description and information would stil I think need to be written by a trustworthy editer rather than the games' author submitting to the form, sinse obviously extra information, links to additional resources and any special circumstances about the game would need to be reported clearly. This is why for instance the entries of super football and night of parasite contain gameplay information, sinse the manuals to both games are rather vague, and why the entry on firry paws has information that the text lables for in game images aren't actually the same as what the images are called in the tutorial.

Another thing I would! like to see, and hopefully if Sander ever alters the database it'll be possible, is something like gamefaqs where people could submit audio or textual reviews or guides of the game on each entry page.

These could be written/recorded by players so wouldn't need to be as precise as the description, but could be a really nice way for someone to get opinions of each game and for members of the community to contribute to the database whilst stil keeping it a valuable resource. That's why I already try to link to reviews or other materials about games on their pages.

We'll just have to see what Richard and Sander come up with in the future, and for now, guidelines can certainly be placed on the forum, ---- indeed that might be a good idea, sinse that is the place that most people's game projects get shared.

2011-11-02 04:44:41

hello,
actually I am the hoster of the game, and my dropbox is getting low (75%...), so if any other friend will host the game, i am very happy!

This is not a signature.