2011-09-17 21:52:08

Hey, it's still not working. Maybe your calling the wrong functions from the dll or something, but it's still not working.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-09-17 22:30:11 (edited by Aminiel 2011-09-17 22:36:37)

Strange. This time somebody tested with windows eye and someone else with SA and it worked.

Be sure to extract the zip in another directory, DLLs are no longer the same.

If you are using NVDA, try to copy the 32 version of the DLL from the previous version of the game.

You could also try that small test program:
http://vrac.quentinc.net/screenReaderTest.zip
It should count using the currently running screen reader, or sapi if none is present. Every 2.5 seconds, it should announce a number. Press Ctrl+C to close the program.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2011-09-18 05:00:20

good news, I've just checked and sapi now seems to be working fine!

It's about four in the morning here and I'm just about to head off for a kip, so I'll try the game properly tomorrow, but certainly looking at the main menue and wandering around a level map with the arrow keys seemed to be fine.

I'm very glad you got this fixed, and I'm looking forward to trying the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-18 08:51:27

Hi! I don't understand, why a level editor is unavailable. Please, exploy to me, why this editor doesn't working or It's unavailable. Thank You.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2011-09-18 17:48:10

For the level editor in fact there is still a big bug in it, that's why I disabled it. Now you are warned.

To enable it, it's very easy: just create an empty file named leveleditor.dat in the game folder (not in data but at the root). There isn't any other condition.

2011-09-20 03:28:50

Hi,
I am not sure if this is a bug but try as I might I can not assign a Greenie as a bridger. I just get a blup sound.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-20 11:49:43

you can not assign jobs when the game is paused,

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-09-20 13:54:53

Hi,
Be assured, I checked that and the game certainly was not paused.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-09-20 22:15:38

Hmm. I've found the bug. With window eyes, if you unload it sapi works fine. However if it's loaded, it aknowledges window eyes is there but doesn't use it properly.

Btw it's window eyes not window's eye.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2011-09-21 20:15:33

Did you tried the small test program as well, and does it have the same behavior ?

That's strange, I gave my test program to somebody in MSN and he told me that it worked. It should work for the true game, it's the same DLL...

IF the test program doesn't work, can somebody confirm something: in the window eye API, strings have to be given in ANSI or UTF-8 or unicode ? I didn't see any precision on that so I assumed ANSI, but it's perhaps wrong... for jaws it's ANSI, for NVDA it's unicode, and for systemaccess both are allowed.

2012-12-21 06:02:17

Sadly enough, there have been no updates to this game in over a year. Did Emenul just lose interest?

I haven't played the game very much, because I didn't quite understand how to assign jobs and how to find out what jobs you are able to assign at any given time, but after reading here, I have new hope that I can play through this game successfully!

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2012-12-21 22:36:42

i don't mean to rain on everyones parade here, but shouldn't this be in the new releases room?  why was this not modderated, lol aprone you are the first few posts, did you see this?

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2012-12-24 23:20:10

The release room didn't exist at the time I posted the first message of this thread, that's why it is in general discussions.

Effectively, there isn't any update. I hoped that people would create additionnal levels to renew the variety of the game, but nobody really hooked, excepte a few ones. I think that's because the game is far much too complicated for a majority of people.

No update is planed in a near future for this game, but it's still available for download, and you can still create your own levels as you like. In fact, I'm allmost fully on the playroom now. I hope that I will release the client v2 during the first quarter of 2013.