2011-07-17 22:37:10

Hello all here in the off topic room! Hope you are, or had a great day. Anyways, I wrote a couple of songs. I need your opinions on these songs. What I need to know, is what you think of them, and would you purchase them as part of an album, if I did put them up for purchase. Optional, but something that would help, what you think I should fix. 2 zip files are included, one with the audio files, and 1 with the midi files. It has taken me quite a while to make these. The midi files.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23324710/life%2C%20midi.zip
And the audio files are here.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23324710/life.zip
Thanks in advance!

2011-07-17 23:07:22

Would like to hear them, but when i search for life on the computer and click on life lost, windows meadia player turns on, and nothing plays! Any idea why?

2011-07-17 23:18:51

make sure you: A have the midi files instead of the audio files, and b: one or both may take time to play to start playing.

2011-07-18 01:38:07

yo, i like the first one, possibly could do with a counter-melody though,
the second has a fiew  clashes in it, but i like the idea very much!

2011-07-18 13:22:46

Thought teers of blood was quite good, i liked its mood. I thought there were loads of tunes playing at once which made for an interesting listen. I thought it you could make one tune more powerful than the others though, just to sound as if the song hada lead playing. I liked it when you changed the tempo, it made the song more interesting and varied. Maybe some drums could be added? Dunno up to you. I really like createive heroes. I didn't like the start really, with the percussion and strings, but i loved when the tempo was increased and the song became more violent and expressive. There was a long quiet part of the song played on the lower register of what ever instruments you were using which came before the ending part. I like this bit as it increased suspense, but i thought it could have been a bit shorter. I liked them both, i can see how complicated it would be to make something like those songs.

2011-07-19 02:26:34

I have considered a drumline, but I don't know what to write. I want something light, but something that will be noticed without ruining the song as a whole. In creative heroes there is basicaly brass, strings and timpani. Thanks for the reviews! Oh, and for the clashing in creative heroes, that is meant to be in there.