2011-07-12 08:09:19

hi gize,
I found this software from
codeblocks.org
although I thinking, this software have ibility to extand its functionality by writing extentions.
so, i thinking, is it possible to create it accessible with jaws?
I asking you because most people's are using jaws, so I think I ask here. any idea's?

This is not a signature.

2011-07-12 11:32:02

Hmm Druhv, firstly, what the heck does this software do and why is it inaccessible?

It's a litle difficult to say anything about access when you haven't told us that.

Also bare in mind there are some general things software developers can do to make things accessible with various screen readers, so before considdering jaws specifically, let us know what's happening on a more general level.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-07-12 12:41:19 (edited by dhruv 2011-07-12 15:05:25)

dark wrote:

Hmm Druhv, firstly, what the heck does this software do and why is it inaccessible?

hi,
this is a c plus plus ide (intigrated developer invirement) and I don't know why it is unaccessable

dark wrote:

Also bare in mind there are some general things software developers can do to make things accessible with various screen readers, so before considdering jaws specifically, let us know what's happening on a more general level.

when I open the programme, its open fine. but it's structure is not accessable. menu's are working good, but most parts of the software isn't accessable.

This is not a signature.

2011-07-12 23:45:38

Druhv, I'm afraid this isn't a helpful answer either.

"inaccessible" in what way? your screen reader isn't speaking any text? text is there but it keeps changing before you gt a chance to read it? unlabled buttons and controls? ribbon bars that move around in a crazy way/

What you have said doesn't tell me much.

also, before you start thinking about contacting developers a few things to considder.

firstly, have you fully explored the program's interface, ie, all it's menues and it's screen using Jaws curser (it's unlikely jaws will interact with the screen directly, in fact it's the exceptional default virtual curser which is one of the things I like with hal).

Secondly, have you read the documentation? if your being told to click on this image and look at that progress graphic your probably on ery much a none starter.

Lastly, not to be completely negative, but according to what thomas ward has said on the audeasy list, many programming tools and environments are simply not accessible, even up to microsoft's replacement for direct x, visual studio.

thom ward and the usa games programmers list would be a good set of people to contact I think, rather than struggling with tools which may very well not be accessible anyway.

If your trying a game, you could also do a lot worse than considder bgt, which is! a fully accessible C++ based scripting tool for game creation.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-07-13 08:26:33

hi,
OK... I changed my IDE and found a more accessible IDE called quincy.

This is not a signature.

2011-07-14 04:28:35

Glad you got one that works, but for next time, please just give us a bit more information than "not accessible"

2011-07-19 01:30:05

Hi Dark,
Could you please elucidate a little on the "replacement for DirectX"? Last time I checked DirectX was a set of libraries used for game development, while Visual Studio was a sweet of programming tools for general purpose programming.

Best Regards,
Hayden