2011-03-27 19:44:04 (edited by Aprone 2011-03-27 19:48:33)

Well, my mother-in-law stopped by to drop something off for my wife.  5 minutes after arriving my wife looks out the front window and says "Mom, your car is smoking!"  Sure enough, her engine had caught fire and soon it was a huge pillar of fire and smoke.  My day just got more interesting than it was going to be lol.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-03-28 02:50:00

Impressive!

I know Traditionally mother in laws are supposed to be a bit evil, but that's the first one I've heard with the power to combust cars! ;d.

Does sh go in for world domination as a full time job or only on the weekends.

Seriously, I'm glad it happened when everyone was out of the car and people are okay, and I Hope this doesn't involve too much burocratic shenanigans with insurance and such.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-28 04:29:33

Hi,
Yeah. "Want a   new car? Just check out this spam link, and this one as well."

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-03-28 12:48:36

hmm, what burns did the car have? Second degree burns? Third degree burns? Or did it just spontaneously combust? If it spontaneously combusted, was there splash damage? By playing techonoshock I learned that fireballs that explode cause splash damage. Is this the case of what happened to your wife's car? Or was it your mother in law's? I didn't really understand the first post. Oh well.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2011-03-28 13:01:27

Amusing, the forum doesn't like the word in surance.

yes!  need a new car? need it in sured? come to spam are us, available on any website which doesn't have good filters, ---- every pig welcome, and just for being a valued customer you get a free spam tower as well to set up in your guarden and deluge passers by with pointless messages!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-03-28 15:41:51

Some monster may attack your spam tower, but no worries, the spam tower will fend for itself, with millions of fighters on its side the spam tower can hold its own against any amount of dragons, golems, boars or anything, shoot them down with vicious accurac and speed and auto-upgrade. No need to press enter! Just build it now, for ... $50000000? Never mind. Well call 1800-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam today for the new spam tower version 2 model. This adds ... well, just more annoyances. Lah lah lah lah lah, spam is good good good

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2011-03-28 15:55:51

lol
It was my wife's mother's car.
The fire department did arrive in time to keep the fire from getting too out of control.  The back half of her car was pretty much unharmed, but the front half burned up.  The windshield glass started to melt and fire was dripping down onto the road beneath the hood so the concrete itself is black and burnt.  All of the tires popped and melted while we watched, and burning car made a lot of very unsettling noises.  A few of the noises had everyone stepping back even farther because it sounded like the build up of something about to pop out of the car toward us.  As it turns out, nothing ever ended up popping out toward anyone though.  It is cold outside so I haven't taken a closer look at the aftermath yet, but when I do I expect our tree will have been burned in some places.  Her car was parked next to it, but being winder there aren't leaves on the tree so it was much more resistant to the burning car below.  Had this happened in the summer, the fire department might have had a burning tree on their hands as well haha.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-03-28 16:29:31

heh, lucky fire department.

2011-03-29 08:10:01

Poor tree. I hope it's less integral to things than the tree behind my parents' house.

Sinse my parents' house is built on what used to be an old chalk quarry, (though now is the middle of Nottingham city), there's a dirty great hill and some waste ground behind, pluss a couple of very large trees who's routes pretty much hold everything together ;D.

So I hope your tree isn't that structurally important ;D.

2011-03-29 20:45:34

Is it sad that my response to the description of the fire was "was a microphone handy"?
... I've gotten that way about everything lately. It's scary. The other day my sister said she was going to go vomit; I told her to bring her MP3 player to record it. yikes
My computer decided to freak out when I had it all ready to record the firepit at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Eh, well, at least I won't have to worry about Disney complaining about me using their flames.

Seriously, though, glad it wasn't any worse. Melting windshields sound dramatic...

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.