2011-02-17 17:26:58

Hi everyone! As you're all probably aware, Way Finder access is no more...I personally used it quite a lot, and I do know, that of course it isn't a replacement for anything else,  such as the cain/dog and learning rutes, it really did help me get around and discover new places, etc. So was just wondering, what the best product would be to use? I've tried Ovi Maps a few times, but Talks does not read all the features I know Mobilespeak does but that would mean forking out for another speech output, when mine other than for that, works perfectly fine. So am now wondering would it be cheaper to possibly buy a PDA and load the sofftware for something like Trekker or Sendero on to one of thsoe, rather than buying a standalone System?

2011-02-17 18:03:47

Hi,
have you heard of Loadstone? I am not sure if it could do all the things you were used to from Wayfinder but in any case, you might want to check out:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com
It's freeware, and although I have not used it very much myself yet, I think it's pretty cool. that is, assuming you want to make use of a GPS receiver with a Symbian powered cellphone. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-02-18 10:14:37

To the best of my knowledge Trekker is only available as a stand alone package, even the PDA based model was only available as a bundle.

There is a product available here in the UK, I can't confirm other countries, called Kapten note the strange spelling. I have heard some people get on very well with it and the cost is relatively low, it is to my understanding a mainstream device designed for motorbike use so it has no screen. It does have a pedestrian mode I'm given to understand.

Other than Loadstone I'm not presently aware of any other solutions for Symbion, at least not within a reasonable budget. There is of course the Trekker Breeze or a couple of choices on the iPhone but these would require a significant investment.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2011-02-18 13:21:22

About your talks problems, as of yesterday talks is now at 5.22 and they have ovi maps support now, so I'd suggest upgrading and giving it another try.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2011-02-26 00:04:58

hi all. I have download loadstone on my nokia e63, but it need's gps receaver. What can i do to find a gps device?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!