2011-05-07 19:11:57

Strike is surprisingly easy for me compared to claw. Usually, if I mess up strike, it's because I make the final line too curvy.
Loop and Luck I did find very difficult. So far, I still have to do each individual segment rather than draw the shapes properly, but that's how I started out with claw, so maybe I can get better at those at some point.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-05-07 19:54:31

Strike is a circle with a diagonal line through it.  Start your circle at the top and move counter-clockwise.  Once you're back at the top, pause for a moment and then make a straight line heading south-east.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-05-11 02:46:48

I've patched Daytona: And the Book of Gold to version 1.0b.  Some mac laptops have trackpads which don't easily allow you to hold down the button while moving to draw shapes.  The patch allows the Z and X keys to serve as alternatives to the Left and Right mouse buttons.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2011-05-11 10:04:45

Awesome. I'll try this. That might be the reason for I can't draw a shape on my laptop.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2011-06-12 00:31:23

I don't mean to raise this topic from the dead, but I'm having some trouble.
I'm not sure if this is my computer, or the new mouse I bought. Sometimes, when I am playing the game, the mouse is incredibly unresponsive, and when I click the left mouse button nothing happens. I'll hold it down, and the game will go in and out, and the beakin or whatever it's called will stop. The sound of it completely stops. I also get this error:
Daytona and Book of Gold
Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range
OK
I'm not sure what's going on, I hope it's not my mouse. I've been waiting for so long to have a wirelesss mouse to play this game, lol. I'm not sure why the mouse keeps going in and out. I hope I explained this correctly.
One suggestion I had is to make the control key able to stop the speech of the telling of the shape. When you click the right mouse button, you can not press control to interupt speech.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-07-11 17:06:03

One thing that could be of some use to starters is what I like to call a cursor tone. Know how the beaker traces the shape out? When you go to trace it out in training, there will be a constant, low tone that will move according to your mouse movements. This way you can tell how you went wrong, and try to follow the beaker.

2011-07-11 17:10:50

I might be misunderstanding what you mean, but that sounds a lot like the sound mode option when you press, Shift and A.  If this isn't the same thing, please explain it again, so I can better understand your idea.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2019-02-26 17:51:43

hello, it gives me  a runtime error  429, is there a way to fix it?

2019-02-26 18:11:49

Have you tried running Aprone's checkup file that's included in some of his games, I don't know if it'll help but it might be worth a shot.

2019-02-26 19:08:11

thanks @aaron, it solved my problem.